ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Media Center>Serial Podcast
Pushead2 01:13 PM 11-03-2014
I searched for a thread or post about this podcast, but didn't see anything.

Anyone else been following and listening to the episodes? I'm completely hooked. It's so compelling and just absolutely intriguing.

Here's a brief summary from the podcast's site:

On January 13, 1999, a girl named Hae Min Lee, a senior at Woodlawn High School in Baltimore County, Maryland, disappeared. A month later, her body turned up in a city park. She'd been strangled. Her 17-year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was arrested for the crime, and within a year, he was convicted and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. The case against him was largely based on the story of one witness, Adnan’s friend Jay, who testified that he helped Adnan bury Hae's body. But Adnan has always maintained he had nothing to do with Hae’s death. Some people believe he’s telling the truth. Many others don’t.

Sarah Koenig, who hosts Serial, first learned about this case more than a year ago. In the months since, she's been sorting through box after box (after box) of legal documents and investigators' notes, listening to trial testimony and police interrogations, and talking to everyone she can find who remembers what happened between Adnan Syed and Hae Min Lee fifteen years ago. What she realized is that the trial covered up a far more complicated story, which neither the jury nor the public got to hear. The high school scene, the shifting statements to police, the prejudices, the sketchy alibis, the scant forensic evidence - all of it leads back to the most basic questions: How can you know a person’s character? How can you tell what they’re capable of? In Season One of Serial, she looks for answers.

I provided some helpful links below:

Podcast: www.serialpodcast.org

Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcast/
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:34 PM 04-13-2015
Just finished the first episode. For me it was harder to follow and pay attention because it just isn't as well put together as Serial was. The first episode talked about the initial day of when Adnan was at school and all of the alibis. Nothing really interesting.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:32 PM 06-10-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
http://undisclosed-podcast.com/episo...dnans-day.html
Listening to this has me convinced Adnan didn't do it...
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:25 PM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Listening to this has me convinced Adnan didn't do it...
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention Undisclosed.

I worked through all of the episodes currently released just last week.
Fabulous listen, and Serial and Undisclosed are a great compliment to each other. * you have to listen to Serial 1st, as Undisclosed presents it's material with the assumption that you have finished all of Serial's 1st season episodes.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:28 PM 06-11-2015
Oh, Fyi. They've announced that Serial Season 2 will start this Fall, and Season 3 will begin next Spring.
[Reply]
Pushead2 08:17 AM 06-16-2015
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention Undisclosed.

I worked through all of the episodes currently released just last week.
Fabulous listen, and Serial and Undisclosed are a great compliment to each other. * you have to listen to Serial 1st, as Undisclosed presents it's material with the assumption that you have finished all of Serial's 1st season episodes.
The only reason I haven't given it a try is because I feel (know) it's going to be 100% bias.

I'm still in the middle of the road with the whole thing.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:28 AM 06-16-2015
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
The only reason I haven't given it a try is because I feel (know) it's going to be 100% bias.

I find it interesting because it kind of puts you in the juror's box. You are hearing everything the defense would use to create probable doubt.

They've got pretty strong cases against the original timeline, and the information used to impeach the story of Hae's death and burial seemed pretty strong to me.

If Hae wasn't buried the same day - and she couldn't be buried in the original timeline, according to the MEs - it blows up everything. the information about the car/grass is also interesting.

Honestly, at this point I have just as much belief that Hae was murdered by Jay and his girlfriend, who then pinned it on Adnan, as anything else.
[Reply]
Pushead2 11:53 AM 06-16-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I find it interesting because it kind of puts you in the juror's box. You are hearing everything the defense would use to create probable doubt.

They've got pretty strong cases against the original timeline, and the information used to impeach the story of Hae's death and burial seemed pretty strong to me.

If Hae wasn't buried the same day - and she couldn't be buried in the original timeline, according to the MEs - it blows up everything. the information about the car/grass is also interesting.

Honestly, at this point I have just as much belief that Hae was murdered by Jay and his girlfriend, who then pinned it on Adnan, as anything else.
Okay, I'll give it a shot but what was your thoughts after Serial?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:19 PM 06-16-2015

They may be upfront in their "bias", but the information they present is logically sound and legit.

Any speculation that is discussed isn't far fetched or off on some wild goose chase.
[Reply]
Silock 10:14 PM 06-16-2015

It's biased with facts. Based upon the available evidence, it just doesn't look like Adnan could have possibly done it.
[Reply]
Pushead2 04:00 PM 06-17-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
It's biased with facts. Based upon the available evidence, it just doesn't look like Adnan could have possibly done it.
Man there is so much "what the fuck" in this story.....

Who the fuck is Takera and if she was mentioned a few times in documents, why did nobody interview her? More like, why didn't the defense interview her?

This case truly makes you wonder about police investigations.
[Reply]
Silock 07:33 PM 06-17-2015
Police incompetence is rampant in this case. Looks like they just wanted a speedy conviction and didn't let facts get in the way. The defense was also terrible. CG's voice and tactics are just supremely irritating. And she was apparently super ill at the time.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:13 PM 06-17-2015
Okay, I'll give it a shot but what was your thoughts after Serial?
After Serial, I thought it was unlikely there was enough solid evidence to show guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, but that it seemed likely Adnan was involved in her death, somehow.

It still doesn't quite make sense if Adnan wasn't involved, but I didn't come out of there thinking he was 100 percent innocent or anything.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:18 PM 06-17-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
Police incompetence is rampant in this case. Looks like they just wanted a speedy conviction and didn't let facts get in the way. The defense was also terrible. CG's voice and tactics are just supremely irritating. And she was apparently super ill at the time.
I think they have made a pretty good case in undisclosed of portraying Jay as someone who was fed everything by the police. The sounds during the deposition (the tapping, the pauses, etc) sure make Jay's story look like it was being helped along.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:41 AM 06-18-2015
It isn't just incompetence, the truth is leads aren't explored because they don't fit their primary investigation and suspect. The aim being is that too much information will weaken the case against the person they are charging.

So, you have willfully incomplete investigations as a measured tactic to prevent exculpatory evidence from weakening the case.

Truth of innocence or guilt and actual justice is a happy surprise unexpected in departments that practice this intended ignorance in order to improve their numbers in solved and closed cases and successfully prosecuted convictions.
[Reply]
Pushead2 08:42 AM 06-19-2015
Episode 5 of Undisclosed - wow.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up