ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 171
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Fish 12:33 PM 09-24-2022
Cyberpunk: Edgerunners is pretty decent. It's on Netflix. R-rated anime. Just 10 episodes. I enjoyed it well enough.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:13 AM 09-26-2022
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movi...-3-1234599040/

Quite a few undeserving w___ shows cluttering the top spots, and The Shield coming in at a criminal #48, not horrible.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:22 PM 09-28-2022
Severance has been a nice surprise. I usually despise mystery box tales, but this one is done right, and feels original. Lindeloff could take some notes from...Ben Stiller.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Severance has been a nice surprise. I usually despise mystery box tales, but this one is done right, and feels original. Lindeloff could take some notes from...Ben Stiller.
Stiller was the exec producer of In The Dark, which I actually enjoyed.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:29 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Stiller was the exec producer of In The Dark, which I actually enjoyed.
That seems like an interesting premise, and something my wife would probably enjoy watching too. Thanks for the rec!
[Reply]
lcarus 04:22 PM 09-28-2022
Someone here passed it along to me, so I'll try to pass it along to someone else.
Check out Banshee on HBOMax. It's 4 seasons with 10 episodes each. It's a great show.

There's definitely a ton of sex and violence though, so not a show for those with children in the room.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:28 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Really dug Severance. Good mix of character development, story, humor and style. Felt they did a good job of slow burning towards a climactic end.

One of those series where I was legit bummed there wasn't at least one more episode left.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:35 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Someone here passed it along to me, so I'll try to pass it along to someone else.
Check out Banshee on HBOMax. It's 4 seasons with 10 episodes each. It's a great show.

There's definitely a ton of sex and violence though, so not a show for those with children in the room.
Banshee is a wild ride for sure. Stars Antony Starr from The Boys. I did think the last season stunk, but the first 3 seasons were full of nonstop action and badassery.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:26 PM 10-03-2022
I checked out Interview With A Vampire last night. I absolutely love the movie and wanted to give this a shot, so far it’s not bad.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:46 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:

Just checked out the trailer... lead actor in that is Homelander from The Boys.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:28 PM 10-03-2022
Love this show, and it's BACK!!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:23 PM 10-06-2022
Discussion on this show's first season earlier in the thread, for those interested. But S2 trailer dropped today

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:56 PM 10-08-2022
Anyone watch Avenue 5? Season 2 is finally here and it starts Monday.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:11 PM 10-09-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Anyone watch Avenue 5? Season 2 is finally here and it starts Monday.

Hoping it improves, it has great writers and decent enough cast. Was a little to scattershot and manic to really resonate in the first season, though.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:25 PM 10-09-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Five Days at Memorial on Apple.

A New Orleans hospital’s experience during Katrina. Wow. It’s a true horror film. Absolutely heart-wrenching story and terrific acting.
Have you watched Accidental Narco/Narco Saints on Netflix? We’ve got only one episode left. It’s really good.
[Reply]
Page 124 of 171
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
Up