ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 353 of 382
« First < 253303343349350351352353 354355356357363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 07:40 AM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The glasses are a great gift!

And yeah, don't think I've ever heard of those.... 'Dump Truck' as a beer is interesting, heh.
Sure beats the oven mitts and kitchen utensil gift set I got for Christmas!

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
My brother sent me a Dragons Breath once. Probably the only dark hefenweizen I’ve ever tried.
That as my go to beer in college when I wanted to spend a "little extra" on a nicer 6 pack. It's nothing earth shattering but a good beer.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:26 PM 09-17-2022
3/5 here. More bitter than I expected. I have a different Huckleberry beer from another Montana brewery that is better than this.

[Reply]
lewdog 02:39 PM 09-17-2022
Montana Ciders today. Both very crisp and not super sweet, which is nice in a cider.

[Reply]
KCUnited 03:05 PM 09-17-2022
This is from last weekend but I know we have some TG fans here.

If you see Dino Park in your area you should definitely grab it. Its their collab with North Park out of San Diego. We're fortunate enough to get some North Park drops here in PHX and their hops are fire so this collab is a banger.

[Reply]
lewdog 04:43 PM 09-17-2022

If you see Dino Park in your area you should definitely grab it. Its their collab with North Park out of San Diego. We're fortunate enough to get some North Park drops here in PHX and their hops are fire so this collab is a banger.

Where do my feminine tastebuds start with IPAs? Are hazy IPAs citrus based?
[Reply]
Pablo 04:48 PM 09-17-2022
KC Bier Co is legit. Give this a go if you see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pablo 04:49 PM 09-17-2022
I'll keep my eyes open for the TG joint. Gotta imagine it's great like everything they do.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:49 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Where do my feminine tastebuds start with IPAs? Are hazy IPAs citrus based?
Hazy IPAs are IPAs for people who don’t normally like IPAs haha

Buy yeah they’re typically lower in bitterness and juicier than traditional IPAs. Citrus vs tropical vs pine vs floral is more hop specific than hazy vs traditional but yeah hazies typically lean tropical/stone fruit due to the hops most hazy brewers use.

Traditional IPAs can be citrus forward as well though.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:05 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
KC Bier Co is legit. Give this a go if you see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wish I would've given KC Bier Co more love when I lived in KC.

To have a brewery brewing classic Euro styles as well as they do within your market is pretty cool.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:53 PM 09-23-2022
There's only one legit craft beer bar near and turns out GitM is the owners favorite beer of all time. He keeps it stocked and occasionally has it on tap.

Happy to see a Weldworks/Casey collab there as well.

[Reply]
Shag 02:58 PM 09-23-2022

This is one of the beers I've been meaning to track down, being a former TG fanboy from my midwest days, and NPBC being a top 3 brewery for me out here. Glad to hear it lives up to the hype!
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:08 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Shag:
This is one of the beers I've been meaning to track down, being a former TG fanboy from my midwest days, and NPBC being a top 3 brewery for me out here. Glad to hear it lives up to the hype!
I had my first NPBC beer a month or so ago from a small drop here in PHX. I've had like 3 or 4 more since and all were impressive. I'm sure we're not even getting the super fire stuff from them either so can't imagine.

Definitely on my must visit list next time I'm in SD.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:24 AM 09-24-2022

Saw you post and looked for this when I hit Jacobs here in Wichita today. None next to all the other TG brews, but they had two cans over in the singles section. Grabbed them both and I'm damn glad I did. Great beer.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 03:18 PM 09-24-2022
Going to the Chiefs game tomorrow so I had to hit up 450 North.
Attached: D1E53A63-86B3-461C-A402-B177DB0077B1.jpg (65.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Shag 08:42 PM 09-27-2022
I had my first NPBC beer a month or so ago from a small drop here in PHX. I've had like 3 or 4 more since and all were impressive. I'm sure we're not even getting the super fire stuff from them either so can't imagine.

Definitely on my must visit list next time I'm in SD.
Absolutely a must visit in SD. Let me know the next time you come around, and I can make some recommendations, and probably meet up if you're game.

Tracked down some Dino Park, pretty tasty, glad I was able to find some. They're releasing another collab tomorrow, a TDH hazy DIPA called Pseudo-Fu! - 3 different citra varieties, so should be right up my alley.
[Reply]
Page 353 of 382
« First < 253303343349350351352353 354355356357363 > Last »
Up