6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
srvy 12:00 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
I am not at all in favor of a downtown stadium. I think that it would be a huge mistake for the Kansas City Royals.
Me either.

Hope the new owner wont pressure the city to build him one or he will move the team bs.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:14 PM 09-14-2021
Old people and irrational fear of change go together like PB&J
[Reply]
srvy 12:31 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Old people and irrational fear of change go together like PB&J
Young pipsqueaks with opinions that are always wrong and react before thinking are the worst.

You will be the first screaming bloody murder about parking and spending 2 hours trying to exit the downtown loop.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:33 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Young pipsqueaks with opinions that are always wrong and react before thinking are the worst.

You will be the first screaming bloody murder about parking and spending 2 hours trying to exit the downtown loop.

The Boomers when the Royals announce they’re moving downtown pic.twitter.com/djoFsHSMYN

— Kevo (@Kevo_Bevo) September 14, 2021

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:48 PM 09-14-2021

A few things on that...

1) I'd expect the stadium to be a little smaller. More like 32-35k rather than 38-40k. Fewer seats, nicer seats is the way it's trending.

2) Rideshares will be a big factor (like leaving a very busy airport, which runs VERY smoothly and quickly).

3) Public transit will be a factor (bus/lightrail can get a lot of people in city center there

4) After-work attendance will be a factor (lots of big companies with downtown presences, will buy seats and give people the option of leaving work, walking a few blocks to the stadium, and attending.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:52 PM 09-14-2021

Traffic is all about perspective and everyone’s tolerance is different.

But IMO KC traffic is manageable and a lot less compared to other cities I’ve lived in.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:54 PM 09-14-2021
I've gotten out of the parking garages quicker at Busch Stadium than I have had at the Sports Complex.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 12:58 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I've gotten out of the parking garages quicker at Busch Stadium than I have had at the Sports Complex.
No kidding, parking downtown should not be a worry after the absolute cluster Truman sports complex is. Spread out to different locations vs everyone in one area trying to get out 4 gates. It’s crazy how bad parking is at Truman.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:59 PM 09-14-2021
What would a new downtown Royals stadium mean for Arrowhead/Chiefs?

The Chiefs would take control over all of Truman Sports Complex, tear down the K and maybe eventually build that rolling roof concept?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:02 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
I don’t get why so many are opposed to downtown stadium. Every stadium I’ve gone to in another city with a downtown park is so much better. It’s a much cooler vibe and experience. The younger crowd will like it more, tailgating for baseball is just so much worse than football. Not to mention it will get more visitors to the ballpark and make KC like like an actual major city, which will only benefit the owners. The K as it is is just played out, it’s time for a fresh start.
Because KC is a city that isn't like others in that it's all spread out. People lose their minds when there's no parking and from growing up there I know about 80% of northlanders hate leaving the northland and mention downtown and you might aswell have asked them to jog to Mexico.

This city has a strange dynamic in some ways.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:04 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
No kidding, parking downtown should not be a worry after the absolute cluster Truman sports complex is. Spread out to different locations vs everyone in one area trying to get out 4 gates. It’s crazy how bad parking is at Truman.
It really is bad. It's just the illusion of the lots close to the stadium.

I live the same distance away from Kansas City or St. Louis. I come to a Royals game, I normally just drive up go to game and then get something to eat in Lee's Summit and then go home. I go to a Cardinals game, I get a hotel, go to game, stay in the city do the downtown thing and then go home the next day. Just look at the economic dynamic there. I can't be the only one from out of town that does that.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:09 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Because KC is a city that isn't like others in that it's all spread out.
Not sure what you mean here? There are plenty of cities with more urban sprawl than KC.
[Reply]
tk13 01:14 PM 09-14-2021
Early on in the press conference, but Sherman led with the fact that JJ was the leader in modernizing the front office and player development and the data science and analytics that are getting the results we're seeing now.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:17 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Not sure what you mean here? There are plenty of cities with more urban sprawl than KC.
It's not a city where lots of big things are centrally located, hell in most big cities you can function without a car, not so much in this one.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:29 PM 09-14-2021
Jesus Christ, Dayton says all decisions will go through him and if a tie breaking vote needs done, then he will be the deciding vote. Matheny is doing an amazing job too!
[Reply]
Page 391 of 440
« First < 291341381387388389390391 392393394395401 > Last »
Up