ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 1924
« First < 21616768697071 72737475811211715711071 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:39 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
People who get worked up about masks in businesses act as if there aren't a gazillion health codes that largely keep people safe. Imagine if a food worker flipped out about wearing a hair net or gloves. This is one of those instances where a customer's action is just as important as an employee's.
Just go ahead and concede the thought process, by your own analogies, hairnets, gloves, dress codes, seatbelts, traffic laws, . . . . masks are a way of life forever and that's fine, right?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:48 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
masks are a way of life forever and that's fine, right?
STOP BEING SELFISH
[Reply]
Donger 05:50 PM 03-06-2021
masks are a way of life forever and that's fine, right?
Who is saying that?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:56 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Who is saying that?
Everyone who analogizes masks to seatbelts, hairnets and dress codes, . . . unless you are arguing that those are just temporary crisis impositions as well.
[Reply]
Donger 06:01 PM 03-06-2021
Everyone who analogizes masks to seatbelts, hairnets and dress codes, . . . unless you are arguing that those are just temporary crisis impositions as well.
I don't know if chiefzilla is saying that masks will be worn forever, and that he's fine with it. Doesn't sound like it.

Once we get this pandemic under control, wide-spread mask wearing is going to go away.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:03 PM 03-06-2021
Just go ahead and concede the thought process, by your own analogies, hairnets, gloves, dress codes, seatbelts, traffic laws, . . . . masks are a way of life forever and that's fine, right?
When the hell did I ever say that? For BUSINESSES we should have reasonable masking guidelines at the very least until frontline workers have all had a chance to vaccinate. After that, I think masking should be encouraged but probably not something to get all worked up about it. It's reckless otherwise. One outbreak can sideline a business for weeks. If it involves a supply chain it can disrupt many businesses for months.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:05 PM 03-06-2021
As long as there is the risk anyone can die from an airborne pathogen masks must be mandated.

Logic demands it.
[Reply]
Donger 06:06 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
As long as there is the risk anyone can die from an airborne pathogen masks must be mandated.

Logic demands it.
I suppose we could go over the IFR for COVID-19 and, say, seasonal influenza, but what would be the point, eh?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:09 PM 03-06-2021
When the hell did I ever say that? For BUSINESSES we should have reasonable masking guidelines at the very least until frontline workers have all had a chance to vaccinate. After that, I think masking should be encouraged but probably not something to get all worked up about it. It's reckless otherwise. One outbreak can sideline a business for weeks. If it involves a supply chain it can disrupt many businesses for months.
I didn't say you said it, that's what I asked you to concede the implication. You're the who used the argument of permanent perpetual impositions and the negligible imposition posed by masks to argue that it's a reasonable imposition. It's a rational extrapolation to concede my assertion.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:12 PM 03-06-2021
I suppose we could go over the IFR for COVID-19 and, say, seasonal influenza, but what would be the point, eh?
The point isn't where you would personally draw the line where it would be OK to relax the imposition.

The point is how far you would continue to accede to the safety concerns of others arguing for continuation and eventual perpetualization.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:12 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:

Logic demands it.
It is not about risk of dying if we're talking about a business. This is contagious enough that an outbreak on one day of business can knock out a bunch of staff for weeks. At this point, personal masking or your personal space is more an individual choice. But when you're walking into someone else's business your choice puts at risk the employees who are there to make a living. And I'm guessing that once public health guidelines are lifted, business owners will have way more liability if anyone (especially their workers) gets sick from an outbreak.
[Reply]
Donger 06:15 PM 03-06-2021
The point isn't where you would personally draw the line where it would be OK to relax the imposition.

The point is how far you would continue to accede to the safety concerns of others arguing for continuation and eventual perpetualization.
Easy. When a novel virus shows up with an IFR which far exceeds any "normal" virus which causes illness and deaths like seasonal influenza, mitigation efforts should be taken. When said virus goes away, mitigation efforts end.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:15 PM 03-06-2021

Where do you also draw the line between telling customers they can do whatever the hell they want, even though that's not wise at this point. Without rules in place you give customers more power to be assholes and rogue employees more power to dodge the rules. You can't send that message in the opposite direction either.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:19 PM 03-06-2021
Easy. When a novel virus shows up with an IFR which far exceeds any "normal" virus which causes illness and deaths like seasonal influenza, mitigation efforts should be taken. When said virus goes away, mitigation efforts end.
And if they don't, do you pledge to hop on your anti-masker horse?

At that point does Donger posse-up with Pete?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:22 PM 03-06-2021
Where do you also draw the line between telling customers they can do whatever the hell they want, even though that's not wise at this point. Without rules in place you give customers more power to be assholes and rogue employees more power to dodge the rules. You can't send that message in the opposite direction either.
Business decisions, as in decided by the business on assessment of their particular business interests.

There are golf courses that require collared shirts, nightclubs that forbid flat-brim hats and saggy pants. There could rationally be, say, a Japanese-owned business that mandates shoe removal at the door.

That's THEIR business.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 1924
« First < 21616768697071 72737475811211715711071 > Last »
Up