ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 1924
« First < 13535960616263 64656667731131635631063 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:12 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
You're missing an important point. Influenza didn't get a real chance to become prevalent due to the mitigation efforts that have been in place. COVID-19 got that chance.
This is sound logic, but the problem in your theory is that they are saying Covid has run rampant due to people not wearing masks and not socially distancing, but in the case of the flu it's the exact opposite with people wearing masks and socially distancing. Can't have it both ways and expect both points to be true.
[Reply]
Donger 01:13 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This is sound logic, but the problem in your theory is that they are saying Covid has run rampant due to people not wearing masks and not socially distancing, but in the case of the flu it's the exact opposite with people wearing masks and socially distancing. Can't have it both ways and expect both points to be true.
Yes, you can. Because like I said, influenza didn't get a real chance to a foothold here like normal because of the mitigation efforts. COVID-19 did and we had exponential growth.

How do you explain why influenza cases are so low?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 01:18 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:

How do you explain why influenza cases are so low?
If I get the flu, how does the government know? At my ripe age Ive probably had the/a flu 40 times in my life. I don't know if I have ever gone to a doc. you have the shits and throw up and ache and feel like hell and in 3 days you are back at it.

where do these numbers come from?
[Reply]
Donger 01:19 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
If I get the flu, how does the government know? At my ripe age Ive probably had the/a flu 40 times in my life. I don't know if I have ever gone to a doc. you have the shits and throw up and ache and feel like hell and in 3 days you are back at it.

where do these numbers come from?
From positive tests from people who get tested.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:23 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, you can. Because like I said, influenza didn't get a real chance to a foothold here like normal because of the mitigation efforts. COVID-19 did and we had exponential growth.

How do you explain why influenza cases are so low?
I suppose you can if you want to jump through the mental gymnastics to attempt to strengthen your point of view. How do you explain Covid cases exploding due to no masks and no distancing, but use the exact opposite reasoning when saying flu cases are practically zero during the exact same time frame? That makes absolutely no sense. And if you're saying that the mask wearing and distancing came too late to stave off Covid, does that mean you believe we should abandon mask wearing and open everything back up right now? Because it really sounds like it.

And that's easy - they're taking flu cases and calling them Covid cases. They're both much the same when it comes to their diagnoses, no? Add in the added monetary incentives when it comes to Covid, and it's not exactly an Evel Knievel jump to get to that conclusion.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:26 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I suppose you can if you want to jump through the mental gymnastics to attempt to strengthen your point of view. How do you explain Covid cases exploding due to no masks and no distancing, but use the exact opposite reasoning when saying flu cases are practically zero during the exact same time frame? That makes absolutely no sense. And if you're saying that the mask wearing and distancing came too late to stave off Covid, does that mean you believe we should abandon mask wearing and open everything back up right now? Because it really sounds like it.

And that's easy - they're taking flu cases and calling them Covid cases. They're both much the same when it comes to their diagnoses, no? Add in the added monetary incentives when it comes to Covid, and it's not exactly an Evel Knievel jump to get to that conclusion.
That was the point I was getting at - and you covered it well.
[Reply]
Donger 01:28 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I suppose you can if you want to jump through the mental gymnastics to attempt to strengthen your point of view. How do you explain Covid cases exploding due to no masks and no distancing, but use the exact opposite reasoning when saying flu cases are practically zero during the exact same time frame? That makes absolutely no sense. And if you're saying that the mask wearing and distancing came too late to stave off Covid, does that mean you believe we should abandon mask wearing and open everything back up right now? Because it really sounds like it.

And that's easy - they're taking flu cases and calling them Covid cases. They're both much the same when it comes to their diagnoses, no? Add in the added monetary incentives when it comes to Covid, and it's not exactly an Evel Knievel jump to get to that conclusion.
Because like I said, influenza didn't get a real chance to a foothold here like normal because of the mitigation efforts. That's logic and math, not mental gymnastics. It makes total sense. Do you understand how exponential growth works?

No, I'm don't believe that we should end mitigation efforts now at all.

If you want to believe a conspiracy, go right ahead. SARS-CoV-2 is not influenza. They are different viruses. On a really bad year, we lose ~50,000 people to the flu. We've lost ten times that number so far.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:34 PM 02-25-2021
But the mitigation efforts were shit according to those that said Covid exploded out of control, that's my point. How can mitigation efforts completely fail against Covid and yet work so well with influenza as to nearly make it nonexistent in the winter of 2020 DURING THE VERY SAME STRETCH OF TIME? Most people would call that impossible, considering both are supposedly transmitted in the exact same way.

And I'm not a Covid denier, I definitely believe it's a thing. I also definitely believe people would fudge the numbers when the amount of money is on the line when it comes to Covid, as well.
[Reply]
Donger 01:42 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
But the mitigation efforts were shit according to those that said Covid exploded out of control, that's my point. How can mitigation efforts completely fail against Covid and yet work so well with influenza as to nearly make it nonexistent in the winter of 2020 DURING THE VERY SAME STRETCH OF TIME? Most people would call that impossible, considering both are supposedly transmitted in the exact same way.

And I'm not a Covid denier, I definitely believe it's a thing. I also definitely believe people would fudge the numbers when the amount of money is on the line when it comes to Covid, as well.
They were, and were for a long time. That allowed case growth, and COVID-19 established itself in the community. That's how R0 works.

It wasn't the same period. Influenza season runs from late November to April/May every year. We had plenty of influenza cases in the 2019/2020 season. Then, like normal, cases dropped to basically zero during the summer. But, since our mask-wearing has gotten better recently, along with other mitigation efforts, again, the flu hasn't had a good chance to establish itself wide-spread where as COVID-19 has. And, it's not like influenza cases are at zero.

I didn't say you were a denier. But you do believe that a conspiracy is at work.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:25 AM 02-27-2021
Switzerland has now joined India, South Africa, Australia, Merck and others saying mRNA as not having enough safety data or proof of efficacy.

https://www.swissmedic.ch/swissmedic...-verlangt.html

Also:
https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-02-...ient-data.html



The data currently available do not point to a positive decision regarding benefits and risks,” said the panel. SwissMedic concluded its statement by demanding more data.
“To obtain a conclusive assessment, the applicant will, among other things, have to submit additional efficacy data from a Phase III trial underway in North and South America, and these will have to be analyzed. As soon as the results have been received, a temporary authorization according to the rolling procedure could be issued at very short notice.”

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:19 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Switzerland has now joined India, South Africa, Australia, Merck and others saying mRNA as not having enough safety data or proof of efficacy.

https://www.swissmedic.ch/swissmedic...-verlangt.html

Also:
https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-02-...ient-data.html



The data currently available do not point to a positive decision regarding benefits and risks,” said the panel. SwissMedic concluded its statement by demanding more data.
“To obtain a conclusive assessment, the applicant will, among other things, have to submit additional efficacy data from a Phase III trial underway in North and South America, and these will have to be analyzed. As soon as the results have been received, a temporary authorization according to the rolling procedure could be issued at very short notice.”
Fake news.

https://www.drugs.com/clinical_trial...and-19156.html
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:34 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Fake news.

https://www.drugs.com/clinical_trial...and-19156.html
Nope, check your dates. Your's is January.

The authorisation of the “COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca” (AZD1222) for the coronavirus. At an extraordinary meeting on 2 February 2021, the external Swissmedic advisory body HMEC (Human Medicines Expert Committee) confirmed Swissmedic’s interim assessment of the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine based on the data analysed to date. The data currently available do not point to a positive decision regarding benefits and risks.

[Reply]
O.city 10:37 AM 02-27-2021
AstraZeneca makes the Oxford vaccine which iirc is an adenovirus vectored vaccine. Different tech than the mRNA
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:40 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
AstraZeneca makes the Oxford vaccine which iirc is an adenovirus vectored vaccine. Different tech than the mRNA
What kind was the Merk vaccine, which they abandoned?
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
What kind was the Merk vaccine, which they abandoned?
If I remember correctly it was live attenuated with a measles vector
[Reply]
Page 63 of 1924
« First < 13535960616263 64656667731131635631063 > Last »
Up