ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 38
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Media Center>Yellowstone
srvy 09:22 AM 06-13-2018
New series to debut on Paramount network staring Kevin Costner. Trailer looks pretty good writer is Taylor Sheridan of the Sicario film series. Just my opinion but seams a loose take on Cliven Bundy.

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:13 PM 12-07-2021
Dallas would go off the rails during the middle of the season as well. Yellowstone kind of falling in that pattern.
[Reply]
srvy 05:58 PM 12-07-2021
It seems to me this happens every new season. Starts slow then finishes strong.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:16 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by NEOM:
In my own opinion, they do overdramatize Beth as a character. I understand the intention for having a female badass character on the show, especially around these male characters and the surroundings, but her behavior is getting pretty annoying..
She's the antithesis of Jamie, but they're so much alike especially getting approval from John, and Beth lashes out because of that need to get praise from John
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:33 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
She's the antithesis of Jamie, but they're so much alike especially getting approval from John, and Beth lashes out because of that need to get praise from John
The problem is that she's being overexposed.

How much shit-talking can she do before she just becomes a dog yapping on a porch.

If they need 10 minutes of air-time filled, they just create some random conflict where Beth cusses a few times and makes mean squinty eyes at someone.

If they need another 10 minutes, Tyler Sheridan hops on a horse and they do some stuff. And that's after they put in 15 minutes of worthless Jimmy garbage.

Don't get me wrong, the whole exchange with Piper Perabo was pretty funny, but you're just burning more Beth capital without meaningfully advancing the plot. And at a point, you kinda get immune to Beth cussing and snarling.

Oh, and can we just kill Monica AND Tate at this point? Casey, Beth and Rip are too important to the plot to ace one of them. Nobody else is likely to put John on tilt.

So kill off Monica and Tate to drive some action. It's not like they add anything to the story anyway. Anything that needs a kid involved going forward can just use that Carter kid. He's more interesting than Tate and nobody can possibly be more irritating than Monica. "Oh yeah, she's teaching college again. Awesome! I hope she gets pissy looking and scolds Casey more for attempting to provide his family a life that's beyond most people's wildest dreams!"
[Reply]
srvy 09:50 PM 12-07-2021
Last year Costner was hinting he wanted to step way back on this series. The writers at the end of season 4 were kinda the write him off the bandwagon as they were not confident they would have him much for season 5. Then boom his movie pretty much bombs and he is back on board. So the season 5 opening episode and now they all survive and are struggling to write scripts on the go now. That's how I see it any way they didn't have enough commitment from Costner and are having to scramble now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Last year Costner was hinting he wanted to step way back on this series. The writers at the end of season 4 were kinda the write him off the bandwagon as they were not confident they would have him much for season 5. Then boom his movie pretty much bombs and he is back on board. So the season 5 opening episode and now they all survive and are struggling to write scripts on the go now. That's how I see it any way they didn't have enough commitment from Costner and are having to scramble now.
Yeah, season 4 felt to me like they didn't know who they'd have back and didn't figure they'd end up with everyone returning. So they wrote themselves an out.

With everyone coming back, the stakes weren't raised at all and they didn't seem to know where to go from there.

So like I said, time to kill Monica and Tate. Win/win!
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:47 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The problem is that she's being overexposed.

How much shit-talking can she do before she just becomes a dog yapping on a porch.

If they need 10 minutes of air-time filled, they just create some random conflict where Beth cusses a few times and makes mean squinty eyes at someone.

If they need another 10 minutes, Tyler Sheridan hops on a horse and they do some stuff. And that's after they put in 15 minutes of worthless Jimmy garbage.

Don't get me wrong, the whole exchange with Piper Perabo was pretty funny, but you're just burning more Beth capital without meaningfully advancing the plot. And at a point, you kinda get immune to Beth cussing and snarling.

Oh, and can we just kill Monica AND Tate at this point? Casey, Beth and Rip are too important to the plot to ace one of them. Nobody else is likely to put John on tilt.

So kill off Monica and Tate to drive some action. It's not like they add anything to the story anyway. Anything that needs a kid involved going forward can just use that Carter kid. He's more interesting than Tate and nobody can possibly be more irritating than Monica. "Oh yeah, she's teaching college again. Awesome! I hope she gets pissy looking and scolds Casey more for attempting to provide his family a life that's beyond most people's wildest dreams!"
You have it backwards. Casey didn’t want to go back. She wanted to stay. And it’s all his fault. Sounds like my sister.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You have it backwards. Casey didn’t want to go back. She wanted to stay. And it’s all his fault. Sounds like my sister.
Casey left to appease her.

When John told him he needs to think of a plan to get her back, he said "I think I have one but it will be hard for both of us..." and then told her he thought they should move off the ranch.

That whole "I told you not to come here - this place is evil!" "This place isn't evil, the people trying to take it from us are evil" exchange in the 2nd episode made it clear she wanted out and never really wanted to live there to begin with.

If you just start from the premise that Monica sucks and work backwards from there, things fall into place.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:18 PM 12-07-2021
Casey left to appease her.

When John told him he needs to think of a plan to get her back, he said "I think I have one but it will be hard for both of us..." and then told her he thought they should move off the ranch.

That whole "I told you not to come here - this place is evil!" "This place isn't evil, the people trying to take it from us are evil" exchange in the 2nd episode made it clear she wanted out and never really wanted to live there to begin with.

If you just start from the premise that Monica sucks and work backwards from there, things fall into place.
Nah. All the way back in season 1 Casey wanted no part of the ranch but she got enamored by it and he stayed kinda for her and kinda because he waxed her brother.

Started with her. Then she hated it and it was all his fault. So my sister in a nutshell
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:20 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Nah. All the way back in season 1 Casey wanted no part of the ranch but she got enamored by it and he stayed kinda for her and kinda because he waxed her brother.

Started with her. Then she hated it and it was all his fault. So my sister in a nutshell
The reoccurring theme of the show is all the men are pussywhipped
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:23 PM 12-07-2021
Fair point. But I’m not telling that to Rip. Dude is a 6’ ball of fury.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:37 PM 12-07-2021
In fairness - most are.

Biology is a bitch and testosterone is a hell of a drug...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:05 AM 12-08-2021
In fairness - most are.

Biology is a bitch and testosterone is a hell of a drug...

This quote reminds me of this scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:25 AM 12-09-2021
Speaking of Costner and being pussywhipped: I was flipping around TV the other night and the MLB Network was showing a movie with Costner Called "For the Love of the Game." It's a baseball movie, but not really. He plays a 40 year old pitcher throwing his last game in Yankee Stadium and he throws a perfect game. But the whole time he's thinking about this chick that constantly shat on him. Just an awful movie. Just awful.

Oh, and Dewey Cox is his catcher.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:35 AM 12-09-2021
This last couple episodes: Isn't what Lloyd did to Walker attempted murder? And how could he fight in a corral after he'd been stitched up in his shoulder like that? Rip is psycho. Beth likes to talk dirty in business meetings. Casey's wife is a whiny little bitch. Jamie is an even bigger bitch. Somebody said it was hard to like any of them. That's true. Not many characters are likable.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 38
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up