ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 43
« First < 323839404142 43 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:14 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Where was PM on this play? Was he lined up as a WR or was he not even in the game?
I don't think Pat was on the field.

You could also argue that McKinnon should have kept that option and ran it through that hole himself.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:16 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

You could also argue that McKinnon should have kept that option and ran it through that hole himself.
This is the correct answer. It's a read option and McKinnon read it poorly. CEH actually made the best of a bad situation overall.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:19 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

Correct.

If you're CEH and McKinnon doesn't pull, you're running the design of the play. You have to figure that the guy that has the choice to make doesn't keep and take that gap, he must see something there and you just do your portion.

Football is a team game. CEH knew his read was to the right and McKinnon's to the left. He took the ball and hit his read hard.

If there's a person to criticize there, it's McKinnon for not keeping and not CEH for running the play as designed.
[Reply]
O.city 08:21 AM 10-03-2022
Tryon was the DE read there and at the time of the give, he's in the hole.

Looks like the right play to me?
[Reply]
-King- 08:24 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If being a more decisive ballcarrier means he's taking that ball and hammering behind his blockers (which is how he scored there) then I'll take the occasional missed cut-back lane.

At a point you reach the loss mitigation stage of the program and I think that's where we are with CEH. That was a hard, powerful run that led to 6 whereas in the past he tries to sit back and wait for something then ends up tip-toeing into a possible hole.

I'll put this one on the "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good" pile.
Yeah on a goal line play, as long as the O-line is pushing where you're going, it doesn't really matter if you find the wide open hole or not.

I'll take the way CEH ran yesterday any game of the year.

I hate we went back to running a bunch of RPOs and shotgun runs in the 2nd half though but that's on Reid.
[Reply]
irafreak 08:24 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

This is what I saw too. DE crashed down so he handed off.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:24 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

Yeah - also a solid point. Though you could also argue that McKinnon has to know that Kelce is there and Tyron is shading outside to protect against a possible flip pass to Kelce. The seal by Kelce is fairly predictable.

But again - short yardage situation, I have no problem with just not being cute and running the play design. Make your read, give it as designed and let your dude move the pile.

There's just not a ton to complain about there or at least nothing that can't be easily justified.
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 10-03-2022
If McKinnon keeps it, he's not supposed to go in that hole anyway I'd guess, the read is usually outside.

Back in my old glory high school QB days, we ran alot of option stuff. When you have a super athletic DE (like all NFL De's are" and he slow plays it like that and can jump and make plays either place, it's really hard run it. That's how you're supposed to muck it up as a DE, so he played it right.

We were taught in that situation to "give and run" just basically try and take that DE out of the play and let your RB try to make a play.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:54 AM 10-03-2022
Here it is in full context. Start at :43

[Reply]
ChiTown 08:56 AM 10-03-2022
I don't recall many, if any, games where CEH moved the pile as much as he did last night. It was pretty impressive to watch that sort of effort.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:14 PM 10-03-2022
As you guys and even Collinsworth mentioned, the competition seems to have gotten his attention a little bit. Even CEH can sense Pacheco has potential to be something.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:28 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I don't recall many, if any, games where CEH moved the pile as much as he did last night. It was pretty impressive to watch that sort of effort.
He did in a few games during his rookie year, but no single game as consistently.

But this is the first year of his NFL career that he actually came to camp 100% healthy, so there's that as well . . .
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:36 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
As you guys and even Collinsworth mentioned, the competition seems to have gotten his attention a little bit. Even CEH can sense Pacheco has potential to be something.
Great point, Clyde can definitely feel the kids heat... its a win/win
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:35 PM 10-10-2022
looked horrible tonight one good catch
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:37 PM 10-10-2022
That second and 3 run nearly cost us the game
[Reply]
Page 42 of 43
« First < 323839404142 43 >
Up