ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 40
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 06:15 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Yeah.

Mccarthy and Norv got their jobs because of Alex :-)
Originally Posted by :
How many offensive coordinators lost their job under Alex?
yeah, like any of the fired OCs lost their jobs because of Alex.

( which was the point that went over your head )
[Reply]
New World Order 06:29 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
yeah, like any of the fired OCs lost their jobs because of Alex.

( which was the point that went over your head )

Of course not, he's only the quarterback. You know, the leader of the offense.

:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:41 PM 10-11-2016
Do you think Vikings forums became overrun with Chiefs fans when the team cut its "mistreated" QB in Matt Cassel?

To this day I have yet to see such an insane following of a QB from one team to another. And such a shitty one, at that.

Christ, we didn't get Niners fans who followed Joe Montana over here. There weren't all these new Giants fans when Kurt Warner left town.

Do you think soulless minions who stick behind their fellow gingers follow Ryan Fitzpatrick around?

The Niner fan influx of 2013 still continues to puzzle and quite honestly bother me to this day. I think I understand the machete clowns better than I do these Alex-loving dweebazoids
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 06:45 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The Niner fan influx of 2013 still continues to puzzle and quite honestly bother me to this day.
That's pathetic. Just quit trying then. It's been 3+ seasons already, loser. I spent less than 3 minutes caring about this forum's xenophobia.

Why? because I don't know any of you, and don't care. So, take a lesson, and stop giving a shit yourself. See? easy!
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:46 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by dls6501:
You have no goddamn idea what you are talking about, its ridiculous.

Look at the Seahawks draft over the last 3+ years. They hardly have any of their drafted players left, let alone actually playing well. You continue to spew out nonsense and present it as fact.
So you're saying Sherman, Kam, Wagner, Lockett, Rawls, Michaels, Bennett, Baldwin, Kearse, Glowinski, Britt, Earl Thomas, KJ wright just magically appeared on their roster?? :-):-):-) . You literally said for over 3 years Seattle hasn't drafted players that are playing well.

And you understand the players Seattle can't afford that have gone to free agency convert into compensatory picks for them the following year?

Seattle has been the best in finding talent since Carroll landed there, so good that they have to release players that have gone on to become our starters because Reid/Dorsey respect their talent evaluation . Perennial playoff contenders and you have the ignorance to say that they don't have any of their drafted players left and aren't actually playing well? They have been SB contenders for 4 years plus and you haven't noticed that is mind blowingly stupid.

Who do you think replaced Percy Harvin and Golden Tate for Seattle, Santa Claus??
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:51 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
What exactly do you classify "later rounds"? And did you list russel Wilson twice?
Meant to say Sherman. And by later I mean rounds 3 and beyond or undrafted. IIRC only RW was a 3rd rounder in that group . Add Rawls to that list too. Seattle's talent evaluation is 2nd to none over the last 6-7 years.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:52 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Meant to say Sherman. And by later I mean rounds 3 and beyond or undrafted. IIRC only RW was a 3rd rounder in that group . Add Rawls to that list too. Seattle's talent evaluation is 2nd to none over the last 6-7 years.

Would you rather have Alex Smith or Derek Carr?
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:57 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by ASS11:
Why is this relevant?

The Raiders have over 40 million in cap room for 2017 and and nearly 90 million going into 2018.

The can also cut Michael Crabtree, Donald Penn and Aldon Smith, who has been disappointing, and save another $19 million. Likely they will offer Crabtree a long term contract, as he has flourished in the absence of Alex Smith, cut the two others, and still save about $15 million. That's $55 million in cap room. They will have absolutely no problem signing anyone AND getting Carr locked up.

They are loaded and the future is extremely bright.
Aldon Smith's 5 million coming off the books won't cover K Mack's 10 million dollar raise and Carr's 17+ million dollar raise. 2 years of draft players aren't going to replace all the players that could come off the books and the Raiders will undoubtedly sign at least half the free agents over the next 2 years. They're going to be in a pinch for money, if you can't see that then you have ZERO clue about the salary cap.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:25 PM 10-11-2016
There's absolutely no doubt that the Chiefs fucked up. Passing on Carr isn't like passing on Sanchez or Dalton or Kaepernick. It's not like failing to make a trade for Paxton Lynch.

The Chiefs had a clear opportunity to draft a franchise QB but passed because of Alex Smith. It's not so much about Smith as it is the Chiefs shitty QB mentality.

That said, he fell to #34 overall. Scouts, GM's and owners were wary of him because of his brother's failure in the NFL. QB needy teams like the Browns, Bills, Jets, Tampa, Arizona, the Rams, Redskins, Cowboys (Romo's always injured), Texans (twice) and arguably Chicago and Minnesota all passed on him because of the reputation of brother.

IMO, the Chiefs need to use all their draft capital from Comp Picks and even 2018's #1 pick to trade up for a QB. They're the 3rd youngest team in the NFL and don't need 11 picks next year.

I don't give a shit who it is, just fucking do it.

It's way past time.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:52 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There's absolutely no doubt that the Chiefs ****ed up. Passing on Carr isn't like passing on Sanchez or Dalton or Kaepernick. It's not like failing to make a trade for Paxton Lynch.

The Chiefs had a clear opportunity to draft a franchise QB but passed because of Alex Smith. It's not so much about Smith as it is the Chiefs shitty QB mentality.

That said, he fell to #34 overall. Scouts, GM's and owners were wary of him because of his brother's failure in the NFL. QB needy teams like the Browns, Bills, Jets, Tampa, Arizona, the Rams, Redskins, Cowboys (Romo's always injured), Texans (twice) and arguably Chicago and Minnesota all passed on him because of the reputation of brother.

IMO, the Chiefs need to use all their draft capital from Comp Picks and even 2018's #1 pick to trade up for a QB. They're the 3rd youngest team in the NFL and don't need 11 picks next year.

I don't give a shit who it is, just ****ing do it.

It's way past time.
I get the frustration, but this is not the year to over-invest in the qb position through the draft. Terrible year for prospects. Kaaya, Kizer, Kelly and Watson all have red flags and aren't exactly winning over scouts with regards to transitioning to the pros.

2017 at least may have a couple franchise types available, albeit they will be selected early (Rosen, Jackson, Browning). Dorsey is in a tough spot here: do you feel the window of SB contention is now/next year and you try to get one more year out of some vets to challenge? Or do you go youth movement and speed up a small rebuild of sorts (like what we are seeing with the secondary and OL)?

Chiefs won't be drafting high, and are their typical selves with being a good playoff candidate, yet not elite with regards to strong SB aspirations. This next offseason will tell a lot with regards to how Dorsey truly feels about his team.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:12 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I get the frustration, but this is not the year to over-invest in the qb position through the draft. Terrible year for prospects. Kaaya, Kizer, Kelly and Watson all have red flags and aren't exactly winning over scouts with regards to transitioning to the pros.

2017 at least may have a couple franchise types available, albeit they will be selected early (Rosen, Jackson, Browning). Dorsey is in a tough spot here: do you feel the window of SB contention is now/next year and you try to get one more year out of some vets to challenge? Or do you go youth movement and speed up a small rebuild of sorts (like what we are seeing with the secondary and OL)?

Chiefs won't be drafting high, and are their typical selves with being a good playoff candidate, yet not elite with regards to strong SB aspirations. This next offseason will tell a lot with regards to how Dorsey truly feels about his team.
Sorry but at this point I don't give a fuck what the "vets" think. We've been playing Alex Smith "for the vets" for 4 seasons now. Enough with this shit.

Dane is right. But this won't change. We'll sit back and draft a lineman AGAIN.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 10-11-2016
I'm not watching the NFL, NCAA or even MLB baseball anywhere near the frequency I've done in the past, so you may be 100% spot on.

That said, I LOVED Wentz. Dak Prescott has kind of been a revelation but not really. Had it not been for the dopey DUI, he would have been drafted much higher. Hell, even Cody Kessler has shown flashes.

IMO, the Chiefs can't sit idly by and watch potential franchise QB's slip through their fingers. If they don't like a guy this year, then trade those extra picks into 2018 so that they're still valuable for a trade up.

Don't waste them on guys like Keivarie Russell.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:46 PM 10-11-2016
I get the frustration, but this is not the year to over-invest in the qb position through the draft. Terrible year for prospects.

Too risky
[Reply]
milkman 08:38 AM 10-12-2016

It's always "next year".
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:44 AM 10-12-2016
I am wondering if its really the franchise that is the issue or is it the fanbase?

I am leaning towards the fanbase more than the Chiefs as a whole... Theres no reason we have endure each year that QB's are too risky and fans "not sold on him" bullshit cliches...
[Reply]
Page 19 of 40
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up