ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 314 of 317
« First < 214264304310311312313314 315316317 >
Hall of Classics>***** The Official Chiefs vs Eagles super bowl game day thread*****
big nasty kcnut 12:00 AM 02-12-2023
lets do this.

Passing Yards

KC
P. Mahomes
435-648, 5250 YDS, 41 TD, 12 INT

PHI
J. Hurts
306-460, 3701 YDS, 22 TD, 6 INT
Rushing Yards

KC
I. Pacheco
170 CAR, 830 YDS, 5 TD

PHI
M. Sanders
259 CAR, 1269 YDS, 11 TD
Receiving Yards

KC
T. Kelce
110 REC, 1338 YDS, 12 TD

PHI
A.J. Brown
88 REC, 1496 YDS, 11 TD

This is the end for you Eagles. Time to bend the knees and acknowledge your Super Chiefs! Let's win it for Len dawson the original Super Chiefs
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:46 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Oh man. Per Zach Berman (Eagles the Athletic writer) on Sirius radio:

“Among the most surprising and frustrating things in the Super Bowl was not only Andy finding a QB that he could never find in Philadelphia. It wasn’t that he took the Eagles own Brett Veach and developed him into a great GM that had his draft class come up huge.

No. What broke Eagles fans hearts was the Jerrick McKinnon slide. Why? Because it showed that Andy finally fixed his struggles with clock management that he never could in Philadelphia.”

Ouch :-)
Elite QBs tend to put "clock management " issues to rest. Pat probably emphasized not to score
[Reply]
DRM08 05:12 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Elite QBs tend to put "clock management " issues to rest. Pat probably emphasized not to score
NFL Mic'd Up show had some audio from the huddle before that play where one of the guys told everyone "Don't Score." I'm not sure if it was Mahomes, it kind of sounded like someone else's voice. Maybe Kelce?? Check it out at 36:50 point of this video:

https://youtu.be/r0sl7jsbWUc?t=2210
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:29 PM 02-20-2023
"Church mode" means don't score. McKinnon told some interviewer they practice church mode every week.

Super smart to practice that. We've seen what happens to RBs when they try to just stop 1 yard short. It's not a move they ever make. So they screw it up and fall in, or get pushed in.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:42 PM 02-20-2023
99% sure that's Travis. Sounds like him, and his head moves as he's saying it.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:45 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
99% sure that's Travis. Sounds like him, and his head moves as he's saying it.
Yeah it is was Kelce. Church mode = don't score :-), I like that even better than wasp.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:48 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
"Church mode" means don't score. McKinnon told some interviewer they practice church mode every week.

Super smart to practice that. We've seen what happens to RBs when they try to just stop 1 yard short. It's not a move they ever make. So they screw it up and fall in, or get pushed in.
that attention to situational details is why the Chiefs keep going back to the SB, and why they've won two out of three. Andy is all about practicing situational football.

Same thing with Belichick; he was obsessive about details. I still remember this interview with Gronk, and how the morning of that SB vs. SEA for the second time, and Bill had the defense go through that exact GL play in the hotel lobby, for what I guess was about the 10,000th time. Gronk said that Bill knew that if SEA got down to the GL in a game-winning situation, they'd probably run that play (that Russ evidently audibled to), and that Butler was the guy that had to make a play.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:19 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
that attention to situational details is why the Chiefs keep going back to the SB, and why they've won two out of three. Andy is all about practicing situational football.

Same thing with Belichick; he was obsessive about details. I still remember this interview with Gronk, and how the morning of that SB vs. SEA for the second time, and Bill had the defense go through that exact GL play in the hotel lobby, for what I guess was about the 10,000th time. Gronk said that Bill knew that if SEA got down to the GL in a game-winning situation, they'd probably run that play (that Russ evidently audibled to), and that Butler was the guy that had to make a play.
But Belichick had nothing to do with it. It was all Tom Brady. Every bit of the success was Tom Brady. Those amazing defenses were 100% because of Tom Brady. That's what the media keeps telling us, lol
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:07 AM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
But Belichick had nothing to do with it. It was all Tom Brady. Every bit of the success was Tom Brady. Those amazing defenses were 100% because of Tom Brady. That's what the media keeps telling us, lol
Compare Tom's defensive rankings to Pat's and it will make you ill though. We go 5 for 5 with those defenses Bill assembled.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 01:12 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Several of them have credited EB with church mode. Said he drilled that kind of situational awareness constantly.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:06 PM 02-21-2023

I didn't see the Chenal thing until today, beast fo sho
[Reply]
Mecca 02:08 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:

I didn't see the Chenal thing until today, beast fo sho
Chenal is the real life version of the dude from Dying Light.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 03:28 PM 02-21-2023
saw this posted on twitter earlier. Eagles CB Bradberry had his contract voided...:-):-)

https://outsider.com/sports/nfl/phil...am-super-bowl/
[Reply]
tredadda 03:49 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
saw this posted on twitter earlier. Eagles CB Bradberry had his contract voided...:-):-)

https://outsider.com/sports/nfl/phil...am-super-bowl/
If true that’s pretty cruddy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:54 PM 02-21-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If true that’s pretty cruddy.
His deal had 4 void years on it. It's an accounting trick to spread the cap hit out.

That deal was always going to void out at the end of the season and the remainder of his signing bonus (which had been spread over 5 years, thus keeping his 2022 cap hit way down) will now accelerate onto 2023's cap.

The hold had nothing to do with it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:57 PM 02-21-2023
I believe the Buccaneers did the same thing with Brady's contract to finesse the cap.

And I'm pretty sure they opted to have the hit accelerate this year so they can just bite the bullet on that hit for the void years and get it over with.
[Reply]
Page 314 of 317
« First < 214264304310311312313314 315316317 >
Up