ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 41
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:19 PM 04-20-2024
"If your boy's so productive where are his yards"

Originally Posted by staylor26:
McConkey:

1,687 yards 14 TDs in 4 years

Legette:

1,678 yards 17 TDs in 5 years

You're literally too stupid to argue with.

Also, :-) @ "homer"

Did the Chiefs draft Ladd McConkey already or something? You don't even make fucking sense.
Imagine being this fucking reeruned :-)

Nobody said he was "so" productive, just pointing out the cognitive dissonance of "production is the be all end all" and "Legette > McConkey".
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:24 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by 493rd:
You’re wrong. Oh, and you owe me $100 once RR is suspended 5 games.
Sure I'm probably wrong. I don't think they trade up, but if they do it will be for an LT. And again, it's weird you are hoping that RR gets more than 4?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:25 PM 04-20-2024

Imagine being this ****ing reeruned :-)

Nobody said he was "so" productive, just pointing out the cognitive dissonance of "production is the be all end all" and "Legette > McConkey".
and again, he missed the first four games this year vs the stat padding teams, he averaged nearly 100 yards a game last year when he played.
[Reply]
Womble 06:25 PM 04-20-2024
You've ignored the reality of Georgia's offense throughout this back and forth, just continuing to spew "best team" as if they've ever been a great passing team in this current run they're on. McConkey is the most productive WR they've had. That says a lot.

You mean to tell me their game manager QB has an easier time throwing check downs to his safety valves as opposed to throwing it to the guy lining up running big boy NFL routes? I am SHOCKED!
Ah so we're back to the QB not finding the wide open WRs argument again. I heard that one a lot last season from those defending our shitty WRs not named Rice. If we draft McConkey I'll look forward to hearing the same shit from the same people again.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:30 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
and again, he missed the first four games this year vs the stat padding teams, he averaged nearly 100 yards a game last year when he played.
Womble is too stupid to grasp this. He just wants to look at the total yards this season and scream about his lack of production.

Nobody is even saying his production is great. It's just disingenuous to look at totals and ignore all the context/nuance in his situation.
[Reply]
Womble 06:34 PM 04-20-2024

Imagine being this ****ing reeruned :-)

WR1 for 2 years in Georgia has less yards than a WR1 for South Carolina in 1 year. The same WR1 for Georgia got trounced by a tight end in all years and heroically just about beat out a RB for receiving yards in his best ever season. That Georgia guy sure sounds like a first rounder ehh!
[Reply]
staylor26 06:36 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
WR1 for 2 years in Georgia has less yards than a WR1 for South Carolina in 1 year. The same WR1 for Georgia got trounced by a tight end in all years and heroically just about beat out a RB for receiving yards in his best ever season. That Georgia guy sure sounds like a first rounder ehh!
Why did it take Legette 5 years to become WR1 at South Carolina? :-)

I guess now you're going to tell me he had tougher competition than McConkey, who beat out Adonai Mitchell and Jermaine Burton for that spot.

I wonder if Legette would've been as productive this year in a run first offense with a game manager college QB.

:-)
[Reply]
Womble 06:53 PM 04-20-2024
Why did it take Legette 5 years to become WR1 at South Carolina? :-)

I guess now you're going to tell me he had tougher competition than McConkey, who beat out Adonai Mitchell and Jermaine Burton for that spot.

I wonder if Legette would've been as productive this year in a run first offense with a game manager college QB.

:-)
No idea and not relevant either. All I know is that when he got the opportunity to be a WR1 in the SEC he smashed it out the park. McConkey in the same role didn't. You just can't argue that McConkey had anywhere close to as good of a season in any of his years than the season Legette just had. We don't yet know whether McConkey has it in him to be THE guy, but Legette has done it. I'd rather take my chances with the bloke who has been the undisputed best receiver on a team than a guy who's played second fiddle despite being the WR1. Especially if it's our first round draft pick.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:27 PM 04-20-2024
No idea and not relevant either. All I know is that when he got the opportunity to be a WR1 in the SEC he smashed it out the park. McConkey in the same role didn't. You just can't argue that McConkey had anywhere close to as good of a season in any of his years than the season Legette just had. We don't yet know whether McConkey has it in him to be THE guy, but Legette has done it. I'd rather take my chances with the bloke who has been the undisputed best receiver on a team than a guy who's played second fiddle despite being the WR1. Especially if it's our first round draft pick.

Again... He missed the first four games and 3 of those vs. the worst teams on their schedule where you pad stats. Legette had 455 yards vs. Furman, Jacksonville State and Vanderbilt, the 3 worst teams on their schedule.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:56 PM 04-20-2024
So Legette having an extra year is irrelevant? How convenient. Just like everything else that goes against your lazy narrative. And you had the nerve to call me disingenuous :-)
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12:17 PM 04-21-2024
Again... He missed the first four games and 3 of those vs. the worst teams on their schedule where you pad stats. Legette had 455 yards vs. Furman, Jacksonville State and Vanderbilt, the 3 worst teams on their schedule.
Maybe I’m missing something, but why would we care how he might have done against bottom-feeders?

Impress me by doing great against the best competition possible.

I have no dog in this fight, but using that argument seems strange to me.
[Reply]
493rd 12:30 PM 04-21-2024
Sure I'm probably wrong. I don't think they trade up, but if they do it will be for an LT. And again, it's weird you are hoping that RR gets more than 4?
Where did I ever say I was hoping Rice gets more than 4 games? Allow me to retort - I didn’t. However, I do believe he will get more than 4 games and it has nothing to do with a silly bet.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:44 PM 04-21-2024
Legette is the most over-rated WR talent in the first rounds. DO NOT WANT.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:50 PM 04-21-2024
Xavier Worthy
[Reply]
Warrick 04:22 PM 04-21-2024
The Chiefs should make an effort to draft Adonai Mitchell...

https://youtu.be/I9PPe1KiHw4?si=WdqlJbEFAPGeOS-J
[Reply]
Page 12 of 41
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up