ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 38
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs attended WR OBJ’s private workout today
Dante84 07:46 PM 03-10-2023

Teams represented at Odell Beckham Jr.'s private workout in Arizona today included the Panthers, Giants, Patriots, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Vikings, Browns and Ravens, per source.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) March 10, 2023

Everybody almost ran out after this one… ������ @obj pic.twitter.com/Lya6wg7wuN

— Prince Amukamara (@PrinceAmukamara) March 11, 2023

Odell Beckham Jr showing off the hands and the speed for several NFL teams in the private workout today in Arizona.

Looks pretty good running after undergoing ACL surgery last year.pic.twitter.com/t1ZITirzRK

— Doug Rush (@TheDougRush) March 11, 2023

Talked to a few people who attended Odell Beckham's workout. One noted how noticeably muscular Beckham looks now, likening him to a combination of Saquon Barkley and Deebo Samuel. Another said Beckham is simply a gifted athlete and that hasn't changed. Explosion was there.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 11, 2023

[Reply]
In58men 09:03 AM 03-19-2023
I’m not trying to claim I know what Veach is going to do, but I can see a strictly incentive based contract for OBJ. He’ll have to earn most of his money, he’s too risky. Would much rather pay up and get Hopkins.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:16 AM 03-19-2023
He an Hopkins are not exactly playoff warriors

DH

446 yds. 1 td. 6 games

OBJ

316 yrd. 2 tds. 5 games

Playmakers make plays
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:05 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
Cowboys trade for Brandin Cooks. A 5th and a 6th. Probably out on OBJ
Shit, we should have been on that.

Damn.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:10 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Shit, we should have been on that.

Damn.
I dunno. I like Veach with the picks. If you hit home runs, you can always flip out of those players for bigger packages of picks too. Kinda like Hill. Wouldn’t shock me if that was in the future for Pacheco.

I’m leaning OBJ. He’s had a year off to get healthy. He won’t require giving up picks. As long as it’s a 1-year deal, then I’m in.

Use an early pick on a WR and let Moore/Toney develop in the system. OBJ helps get us by for a year until those guys gain the consistency they need.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:30 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:

DH

446 yds. 1 td. 6 games

OBJ

316 yrd. 2 tds. 5 games

Playmakers make plays
True. Who were the playmakers that were throwing them the ball?:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 11:50 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
I’m not trying to claim I know what Veach is going to do, but I can see a strictly incentive based contract for OBJ. He’ll have to earn most of his money, he’s too risky. Would much rather pay up and get Hopkins.
I was working through scenarios a couple days ago on what is likely to be his contract and quickly realized how bad an incentive based contract for him could play out.

“I need the ball!!! If I don’t score I don’t get paid”

We just moved on from Tyreek partially because of that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:59 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I was working through scenarios a couple days ago on what is likely to be his contract and quickly realized how bad an incentive based contract for him could play out.

I was thinking about this last night. OBJ has a history of being a diva and also very demanding about his targets. Not sure if he's really a good fit in KC from a teammate standpoint. You may not have to trade a pick for him, but he's going to probably require a lot of accommodations in terms of targets, gameplanning, and so forth to keep him happy.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:20 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:

DH

446 yds. 1 td. 6 games

OBJ

316 yrd. 2 tds. 5 games

Playmakers make plays
A stat without complete context. Hopkins was on some pretty meh playoff teams that just made it with a stroke of luck. OBJ was the number 2 in his run with the rams. And was really putting cincy in a bind when he tore his acl. He wasn’t just the number 2 he was the number 2 who was a late season addition and was playing with a wr1 who was setting records. For a guy with a slow rams start he sure looked pretty decent.

27 catches for 305 yards and scored 5 touchdowns in 8 games .
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:22 PM 03-19-2023
Stafford and Watson are good enough. Murray....
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:22 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:

This isnt even remotely true. We moved on from him because he wanted $30 mil/yr and we had a number set that we wouldn't go over and that was over the budget. Had nothing to do with complaining about wanting the ball.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:23 PM 03-19-2023
OBJ has been a great team mate from what Ive heard. He works hard, he can get open! And man can he catch!

Really, this wouldnt be much different than what we did with JuJu. He was coming off an injury season where he missed most of the year. Apparently he had a chronic knee issue that swells up all the time.

Id give OBJ something similar to what we gave JuJu but I would make it a two year deal, 2nd year easy to get out of but would give us control if he blows up.

This is no more risky than last year with MUCH greater upside.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:23 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This isnt even remotely true. We moved on from him because he wanted $30 mil/yr and we had a number set that we wouldn't go over and that was over the budget. Had nothing to do with complaining about wanting the ball.
He said that was the reason publicly so he didn’t have to admit he had a ring and wanted to get paid the max.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:28 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
OBJ has been a great team mate from what Ive heard. He works hard, he can get open! And man can he catch!

Really, this wouldnt be much different than what we did with JuJu. He was coming off an injury season where he missed most of the year. Apparently he had a chronic knee issue that swells up all the time.

Id give OBJ something similar to what we gave JuJu but I would make it a two year deal, 2nd year easy to get out of but would give us control if he blows up.

This is no more risky than last year with MUCH greater upside.
I’m not a fan of obj. I’d rather go with DHop at the right comp.

Has he been a great teammate? His dad posted film on insta of his qb not throwing him the ball and turned the entire locker room against baker. And before you say that’s just baker being baker, he did the same damn thing with Eli manning and coughlin. Then he strings the Rams along with this whole dog and pony show even after they basically set a locker aside for him to return. And we’ve seen over the past few weeks that the dude has a tyrann mathieu obsession with clapping back with people on social media

Reid and mahomes can make it work but I’m not crazy about it
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:29 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Eh, Hill did say on Sharpe's show that he felt that he wasn't targeted enough in KC. That's on tape.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:31 PM 03-19-2023
OBJ can move on with little repercussions, it's his history. You gotta marry Hopkins, you pay the dowry
[Reply]
Page 17 of 38
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up