ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 119
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 09:33 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Another guy who was just a 3 star, low ceiling recruit.

The recruiting is the elephant in the room here.

It’s great to find diamonds in the rough like Mason and Graham, but you need high level recruits too.

So many of our best players under Self were 5 star recruits or at least high 4’s.

I’m not expecting a National Champion contender until that changes.
You know as Ive aged Ive prioritized skilled guys over athletic guys. Ochai and Braun are actually pretty good athletes, they just aren't skilled. Like at all. Look at guys like James Harden. Incredible footwork, crafty, knack for drawing fouls...not even very athletic.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:33 PM 03-22-2021
Another guy who was just a 3 star, low ceiling recruit.

The recruiting is the elephant in the room here.

It’s great to find diamonds in the rough like Mason and Graham, but you need high level recruits too.

So many of our best players under Self were 5 star recruits or at least high 4’s.

I’m not expecting a National Champion contender until that changes.
I dont disagree, but the 'better' the recruit, the worse the play, it seems to me. Guys coming in for one year, do as little as possible, then they're off to the draft, and dont give a fuck about a NCAA title. KU's success has been when they had a team. THIS is not a team, it's a collection of talented basketball players who dont give a fuck.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:33 PM 03-22-2021
Probably very similar to this team
Harris
Garrett (I hope)
Agbaji
Wilson
McCormack

Replace Garrett with Braun (ugh) if he decides to go pro.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:33 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think we are going to get slaughtered tonight. Sorry.

Oregon just blew out Iowa. The Pac 12 was severely underrated. That conference hasn't even lost yet in the tournament lol.

Mobley and USC's size is gonna swat the piss out of Garrett when he tries to drive. Our best chance is inside outside drilling Braun & Ochai threes. McCormack needs to make quick moves in the post or quick passes from the post to the perimeter. No trying to score over Mobley.
To the victor go the spoils^

Rep.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:33 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Don't you fucking say that
Who is the high upside player that we expect to elevate the team next year?

I’m not seeing it.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:33 PM 03-22-2021
Just need a dozen stops and threes and we're right back in this
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:34 PM 03-22-2021
Not a lot you can do when you shoot this badly and the other team shoots that well.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:34 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
I dont disagree, but the 'better' the recruit, the worse the play, it seems to me. Guys coming in for one year, do as little as possible, then they're off to the draft, and dont give a **** about a NCAA title. KU's success has been when they had a team. THIS is not a team, it's a collection of talented basketball players who dont give a ****.
I don’t think these guys have all that much talent honestly. Could be our weakest overall talent in the Self era.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:35 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Not a lot you can do when you shoot this badly and the other team shoots that well.
Well you could have some pride and not go down like this.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:35 PM 03-22-2021
Welp, the recruiting has cost us in a very big way. Now with reality starring us smack in the face, who knows when we will get back to being a good team again?
[Reply]
Pablo 09:35 PM 03-22-2021

I’m not seeing it.
I don't see it either. Just don't want to hear it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:36 PM 03-22-2021

I’m not seeing it.
Wilson has a ton of upside, probably the most raw talent on this team. He showed flashes of being a very good player this year at times until hitting a wall around January.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:36 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don’t think these guys have all that much talent honestly. Could be our weakest overall talent in the Self era.
Heh...you think? It seems to me that as the years go by, it's only gotten worse.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:36 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
I dont disagree, but the 'better' the recruit, the worse the play, it seems to me. Guys coming in for one year, do as little as possible, then they're off to the draft, and dont give a **** about a NCAA title. KU's success has been when they had a team. THIS is not a team, it's a collection of talented basketball players who dont give a ****.
Really? I think it's the opposite. I think they care just fine, they just lack the talent. Talent beats hard work almost every time.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:37 PM 03-22-2021
Trojans Bench 10-11

What a farce
[Reply]
Page 95 of 119
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105 > Last »
Up