ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 378
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160210 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:58 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Also ****ing lol. A more interesting team? It's the bottom of the Western Conference. Who's more interesting in that bunch?
A team whose best player isn't Karl Anthony Towns. We all know all this ends for them and him and it won't be pretty.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:00 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's been pacing himself all season.

And he has about a zillion miles on the odometer so I'm not sure what choice he had.

So yeah, it's not that surprising that he was using this game to get his legs back a little. Unfortunately Davis was so off early (offensively) that it forced him to be more active in the offense than he probably wanted to be.

LBJ wanted this to be an 80% game but it went poorly enough early that he had to put more into it than he wanted to even keep it close. And in the end, it ended up being offensive execution and erratic defensive intensity that sunk them.

I just can't say enough bad things about the end game in the 3rd quarter. They were really playing well and had set themselves up to steal it in the 4th; they'd essentially wiped out the 1st quarter and in so doing needed to only play better in the 4th than Memphis did in the 2nd.

And in the span of 3 possessions they were suddenly down 12 again because they just lost focus. I just threw my hands up because you just saw the game slip away from them.
Early 3rd looked good and then they turned into a Cerner Corporate Challenge team who realized they overachieved to win a play in game, blew their load out of excitement in game 1, then remember who they are.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:02 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
A team whose best player isn't Karl Anthony Towns. We all know all this ends for them and him and it won't be pretty.
Have you heard of Anthony Edwards you fucking faggot?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:03 PM 04-19-2023
Also how about that we're tied in the 4th quarter.

Is that interesting enough for you, ya fucking dipshit?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:05 PM 04-19-2023
Yeah.

You'd like to think a team with a couple of leaders who have won a championship and who about fiddle ****ed their season into oblivion wouldn't do that sort of thing, but it just happens almost every time.

Especially when playing a team as proud as Memphis.

But now the Lakers have made game 3 damn near a must-win in its own right for them. They just don't have the kind of margin they acted like they have tonight. They can't afford to lose games because they didn't come out ready to play.

What are the odds of them getting through four 7 game series healthy? LBJ is not a young man and Davis is made of glass. The only shot they have to actually win this thing is to end a series or two in 5 and keep some miles off.
I'm honestly not sure how much energy LeBron can exert over a full series at this point in his career. He's visibly fatigued far more than I've ever seen him before and it's probably because he's being forced to play a two way game unlike what he does in the regular season.

I do think this series (and likely every series) for that team going to all come down to AD. He needs to be "on" and can't afford games like tonight too often.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:07 PM 04-19-2023
Also how about that we're tied in the 4th quarter.

Is that interesting enough for you, ya ****ing dipshit?
No, because Denver has been coasting all game and will likely just turn it on and win by 10 while KAT taps out under the pressure again.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:08 PM 04-19-2023
Have you heard of Anthony Edwards you ****ing bundle of sticks?
The terrible volume shooter who took a step back this year? KAT is miles better than Anthony Edwards.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:11 PM 04-19-2023
It's actually funny that the Wolves are going to go from overpaying one inefficient volume chucker (Wiggins) to another (Edwards) in short order.

At least Wiggins was good at defense though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:11 PM 04-19-2023
I'm honestly not sure how much energy LeBron can exert over a full series at this point in his career. He's visibly fatigued far more than I've ever seen him before and it's probably because he's being forced to play a two way game unlike what he does in the regular season.

I do think this series (and likely every series) for that team going to all come down to AD. He needs to be "on" and can't afford games like tonight too often.
He can have a few games like this here and there offensively if he continues to play hard defensively.

But if he does that, James can't go 1-8 from deep. And Russell needs to be a supplemental scorer. We know D-Low can be a guy who puts up an efficient 20-24 pts.

The Lakers can win if Davis has games like this. But they can't win if he does that, James can't hit from outside and Russell can't find any sort of offensive punch at all.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:17 PM 04-19-2023
He can have a few games like this here and there offensively if he continues to play hard defensively.

But if he does that, James can't go 1-8 from deep. And Russell needs to be a supplemental scorer. We know D-Low can be a guy who puts up an efficient 20-24 pts.

The Lakers can win if Davis has games like this. But they can't win if he does that, James can't hit from outside and Russell can't find any sort of offensive punch at all.
LeBron is going to give his 25-30 a game every night, but I doubt you'll get one of his vintage games too often anymore. I'm also pretty worried about Russell given his awful track record in the playoffs (mainly last year for the Wolves but also early in his career with the Nets).

It's gotta be AD that becomes your clear #1. He's (theoretically) in his prime. He needs to get it done for them. It's been a while now since he carried a team in the playoffs though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:25 PM 04-19-2023

Classic Dillon Brooks on his confrontation with LeBron James: “I don’t care. He’s old. … I poke bears. I don’t respect someone until he gives me 40.”

And Brooks had plenty more to say. pic.twitter.com/uWLONrubPZ

— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) April 20, 2023

We might actually get a vintage LeBron game if this idiot doesn't stop running his mouth though.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:26 PM 04-19-2023
The terrible volume shooter who took a step back this year? KAT is miles better than Anthony Edwards.
How many Ant games have you watched all year?

Let me guess. It begins and ends with the Lakers play-in game.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:27 PM 04-19-2023
Wiggins plays good defense for half a season of his NBA career.

KCConnection: "He's good at defense"
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:28 PM 04-19-2023
How many Ant games have you watched all year?

Let me guess. It begins and ends with the Lakers play-in game.
Enough to know what he is as a player. The stats tell the rest of the story.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:29 PM 04-19-2023
Wiggins plays good defense for half a season of his NBA career.

KCConnection: "He's good at defense"
When you completely shut down a top 10 player in the NBA Finals (Tatum) you get to be labeled good at defense, yeah.

Now you can argue that Wiggins coasted for much of his career in this regard, but not the fact that he's always been good at defense when he actually tried.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 378
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160210 > Last »
Up