ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 94
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:56 PM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Honestly, Ferrell seems like the exact move Brett Veach would make. Former 4th overall pick and whatnot.
He could find a new burst with Cullen. He made everyone better.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:56 PM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well. That's interesting. Never realized just how important FC was to CJ.
I think everyone misjudges how much Frank is loved by his teammates, coaches and BV.

He will be on the roster for the 23-24 season. Question is just how much his cap hit will be.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:01 PM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I think everyone misjudges how much Frank is loved by his teammates, coaches and BV.

He will be on the roster for the 23-24 season. Question is just how much his cap hit will be.
I'm still fairly sure he won't be back. As far as I can tell, we need the cap space.

And while I had discovered that he was well liked and respected by most of his teammates, I didn't actually know that CJ thought he was integral to his success and the defense's success on the field. Makes you wonder a little exactly what Frank's doing out there besides just the raw stats. Obviously CJ thinks Frank's play is essential to the defense outside of the numbers.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:04 PM 03-02-2023
I'm still fairly sure he won't be back. As far as I can tell, we need the cap space.

And while I had discovered that he was well liked and respected by most of his teammates, I didn't actually know that CJ thought he was integral to his success and the defense's success on the field. Makes you wonder a little exactly what Frank's doing out there besides just the raw stats. Obviously CJ thinks Frank's play is essential to the defense outside of the numbers.
Cap space is easy. All it takes is a restructure that Frank has already shown he is willing to do.

CJ knows a lot of his success is due to Clark. Clark has created many of CJ's sacks.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:07 PM 03-02-2023
Cap space is easy. All it takes is a restructure that Frank has already shown he is willing to do.

CJ knows a lot of his success is due to Clark. Clark has created many of CJ's sacks.
Thanks. I wasn't aware that Frank was willing to take a substantial pay cut, thought it was just speculation.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:29 PM 03-02-2023
Thanks. I wasn't aware that Frank was willing to take a substantial pay cut, thought it was just speculation.
He restructured last year to help BV clear a large sum from the salary cap.

Just saw he did the same in 2020 to help get the team under the cap.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:58 PM 03-02-2023
I'm sure that Clark will do something similar to what he did last season. A pay cut with incentives to boost it up. This was last year's.

$8.275M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2022 salary)
2022 Per Game Active Bonus: $75,000 ($1.275M, 12 LTBE)
2023 Per Game Active Bonus: $29,411 ($500,000, 15 LTBE)
Playing Time Incentives (non-cumulative)
60% + playoff berth: $1M (earned 2022)
60% + 8 sacks: $2.5M
65% + 10 sacks: $4M
AFC Championship Win: $500,000
(50% snaps +. 60% regular season snaps)
Super Bowl Win: $1M
(50% snaps + 65% regular season snaps)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 03-02-2023

Mathieu's teammates loved him as well.

And had he been willing to come back at/near what Reid was making, we'd have brought him back. He wasn't so we didn't.

If Clark doesn't get real reasonable real quick, he's gone.

This front office has been willing to move on from guys who's pay doesn't match their production and for 3 years, Clark's hasn't. He wasn't worth his $9 million last season and he won't be getting that this season.

I'm betting $6 million in 'new' money plus the dead cap is a walkaway point for Veach and co. If he wants more than that, he gets gone.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:21 PM 03-02-2023
He restructured last year to help BV clear a large sum from the salary cap.

Just saw he did the same in 2020 to help get the team under the cap.
Ah. I knew he did a couple years ago. Didn't know he did it again.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:28 PM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mathieu's teammates loved him as well.

And had he been willing to come back at/near what Reid was making, we'd have brought him back. He wasn't so we didn't.

If Clark doesn't get real reasonable real quick, he's gone.

This front office has been willing to move on from guys who's pay doesn't match their production and for 3 years, Clark's hasn't. He wasn't worth his $9 million last season and he won't be getting that this season.

I'm betting $6 million in 'new' money plus the dead cap is a walkaway point for Veach and co. If he wants more than that, he gets gone.
Exactly. His cap number to production ratio is not enough to justify him returning with what he is currently making.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:36 PM 03-02-2023

Trololololololol
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:41 PM 03-02-2023
So, according to Veach, they are working to re-sign Frank, and even if they can't get it done and have to release him, Veach is prepared to competitively bid for Frank's services.

I guess Frank will be a Chief in 2023!
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:45 PM 03-02-2023
So, according to Veach, they are working to re-sign Frank, and even if they can't get it done and have to release him, Veach is prepared to competitively bid for Frank's services.

I guess Frank will be a Chief in 2023!
I'd be fine with him at $5-$6 mil and as a part time guy.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:48 PM 03-02-2023
Will the Frank Clark statue on the lawn at 1 Arrowhead Drive be him setting the edge or in coverage?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:15 PM 03-12-2023

I reminded my dogs the night before the big game that this would be the last time we ALL shared a room together. Coach Reid is like a pops and Chris and Khalen we locked in. Remember no matter what, be a stand up guy about everything and don’t let this shit trick you out success. pic.twitter.com/gVZthLJ40W

— Frank Clark (@TheRealFrankC_) March 13, 2023

[Reply]
Page 82 of 94
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Up