ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 94
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:43 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wouldn't be the worst idea.
Here's my logic.

You win Super Bowls when you have an elite QB and a killer pass rush.

Karlaftis is ready to go for double digit sacks. Jones is likely to be extended if you ask me.

The Chiefs need one more bookend and he and Karlaftis will torture tackles for a decade.

That bookend does not exist in free agency, really. The bookend you need is probably in Round 1 of the NFL Draft. (And truth be told, he's probably at West Point.)

You're going to need that guy to have the best coaching available. He's going to get it with Joe Cullen, but Frank Clark plays an unmistakable part of that. Clark's tutelage has helped maximize Mike Danna beyond all of our expectations, and it's boosted Karlaftis' development.

I think Clark's play in the postseason is really important, but the thing that's completely irreplaceable is how valuable he is in bringing up young guys. He may be a difficult human being, but he's beloved in that locker room and they completely feed off his energy. When Clark is popping, the entire DL plays incredibly loose.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:18 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That is terrible.
What did you expect for 14.99?
[Reply]
trndobrd 08:46 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he's not getting WPMOTY after damar

and i have a weird feeling kelce or pacheco or chris get SB MVP

the chiefs defense is on a ****ing roll and a 6-1 n00b ain't ready
Pacheco as SB MVP would only happen if the Chiefs get up by a couple scores in the 1st quarter forcing the Eagles to abandon the ground game, Clark gets the record for most playoff sacks, and Pacheco gets 150 yards on the ground behind the Oline crushing souls for the entire 2nd half.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:05 PM 02-08-2023
Playoff Frank
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:06 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Here's my logic.

Karlaftis is ready to go for double digit sacks. Jones is likely to be extended if you ask me.

The Chiefs need one more bookend and he and Karlaftis will torture tackles for a decade.

That bookend does not exist in free agency, really. The bookend you need is probably in Round 1 of the NFL Draft. (And truth be told, he's probably at West Point.)

You're going to need that guy to have the best coaching available. He's going to get it with Joe Cullen, but Frank Clark plays an unmistakable part of that. Clark's tutelage has helped maximize Mike Danna beyond all of our expectations, and it's boosted Karlaftis' development.

I think Clark's play in the postseason is really important, but the thing that's completely irreplaceable is how valuable he is in bringing up young guys. He may be a difficult human being, but he's beloved in that locker room and they completely feed off his energy. When Clark is popping, the entire DL plays incredibly loose.
That's a lot of faith in George.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:08 PM 02-08-2023
Here's my logic.

Weren't folks recently poking fun at the idea of Frank mentoring the young Des?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:12 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Frank working with George in camp:

[Reply]
BossChief 09:26 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

The time I was there, Frank was working with George specifically on timing the snap and reaching when he’s close to making the play and those specific learned skills paid dividends.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:48 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
That's a lot of faith in George.
Watch the tape.

There's nothing Karlaftis is doing the past two months of this season that he can't replicate for the totality of the 2023 season.

Karlaftis has been applying pressure all season, but he figured out how to convert that to sacks the final third of the season. He's turning corners sharper, his countermoves are more effective at keeping himself in the play.

He was already a readymade NFL player when we drafted him, but Karlaftis' passrush is here. It has arrived.

His run defense is not yet where it needs to be, but with his size and the coaching he's getting, it will be.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:50 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The time I was there, Frank was working with George specifically on timing the snap and reaching when he’s close to making the play and those specific learned skills paid dividends.
I don't know who "folks" are. But Clark has been reported every single season he's been here as working technique with younger players.

To say nothing of the fact that, despite the fact that he's a difficult human being, he's beloved in the locker room. He's been a headache for the team off the field, but he hasn't brought any of it into the locker room like Mathieu did with the contract situation.

And of course, as I said before and as we've all seen, once Clark heats up a bit in the game the entire DL responds.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:00 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Karlaftis did use the spin move to sack Burrow, so there's that...
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM 02-09-2023
Here's my logic.

I'm talking about loading up on the DL, not retaining Clark.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:40 PM 02-09-2023

How is PLAYOFF Frank Clark different? - From the man himself @TheRealFrankC_ a very thoughtful & insightful answer from the shark �� Thanks for the time today, Frank! #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/xz8BmRIE1W

— Starcade Media (@StarcadeMediaKC) February 9, 2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:53 PM 02-09-2023
Watching highlights from some of the PHI games this season, it occurred to me that Frank might be critical to KC winning the SB, but not necessarily by sacking Hurts. Though I fully believe he’ll somehow get a pair of them. 1.5 for Frank is my bet.

But his recognition skills could be a key deciding factor in this game, with PHI running so much option/RPO/etc. Among our EDGEs, only Carlos is as quick to diagnose who has the ball, but Frank has the edge in quickness and speed.

Not saying he’s a wizard at this, but he’s definitely an entire step above everyone else on the DL. And not getting duped every other snap is going to be crucial for the defense.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:14 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Watching highlights fr M some of the PHI games this season, it occurred to me that Frank might be critical to KC winning the SB, but not necessarily by sacking Hurts. Though I fully believe he’ll somehow get a pair of them. 1.5 for Frank is my bet.

But his recognition skills could be a key deciding factor in this game, with PHI running so much option/RPO/etc. Among our EDGEs, only Carlos is as quick to diagnose who has the ball, but Frank has the edge in quickness and speed.

Not saying he’s a wizard at this, but he’s definitely an entire step above everyone else on the DL. And not getting duped every other snap is going to be crucial for the defense.
Expect to see a LOT of Clark in a two-point stance.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 94
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985 > Last »
Up