ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 94
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:36 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Don’t touch his contract? There’s no way he’s staying at that cap hit next year. NO ****ING WAY.
Then you want to lower it by keeping him on the books in 2024?

These are the options.

A. Pay the $28 million in 2023 then he’s off the books

B. Restructure again with lower cap hit in 2023 but you’re still paying him basically the difference in money in 2024.
[Reply]
jettio 11:37 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
At the end of that clip, drawing on that cigar instantly reminded him how cold it was outside. he went straight inside after that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:41 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Then you want to lower it by keeping him on the books in 2024?

These are the options.

A. Pay the $28 million in 2023 then he’s off the books

B. Restructure again with lower cap hit in 2023 but you’re still paying him basically the difference in money in 2024.
What in the fucking what are you talking about?

You don't have to restructure a damn thing. And you aren't paying him 'basically the same money'. You cut him and clear $20 million from your books.

Worry about the rest later.

Jesus - 'don't touch his contract'? Are you insane?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:44 AM 02-02-2023
Don’t touch his contract? There’s no way he’s staying at that cap hit next year. NO FUCKING WAY.
Top 20 cap hit in all of football, 6th among non-QBs, 3rd among defensive players. Guy played 2 decent games all year.

"Eh, just leave his contract untouched..."

Because evidently we have to pay him $30 million at some point anyway?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:47 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What in the ****ing what are you talking about?

You don't have to restructure a damn thing. And you aren't paying him 'basically the same money'. You cut him and clear $20 million from your books.

Worry about the rest later.

Jesus - 'don't touch his contract'? Are you insane?
Dudes a tard
[Reply]
kccrow 11:48 AM 02-02-2023
Brown Jr and Jones will both get extensions IMO. That will drastically lower their caps hit in 2023 to free up quite a bit of cap space.

I have to wonder if they just don’t touch Frank’s contract and let him have on more year. I’m sure folks here will like that bc tinkering with it likely means more dead money in 2024 instead of him just being off the books.
Oh, they are touching it. He's going to do just as he did this year and reduce his cap hit significantly or he's getting the axe. No way are they keeping him around at 28 million. It's not even in the realm of possibility.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:52 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Dude may also just be done with football after this season. It'd be a hell of a way to go out.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:53 AM 02-02-2023
They aren’t cutting him DJ. Come on. We know that’s not happening. Best to just accept it now.

Last year they stared at a $26.3 million cap hit from him for this season and drug the can down an extra year to lower his cap hit to $13.2 million this year and $7.6 million in dead money in 2023 if they cut him.

Since we are pretty damn sure they aren’t cutting him, I guess it’s a lose/lose for you. Either pay him that big cap hit one more year or deal with his dead money in 2025.

Not unless they can work magic to somehow restructure to lower the 2023 cap hit and keep it at 1 more year. Doesn’t sound likely
[Reply]
RunKC 12:01 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Dudes a tard
You of all people should probably shut your mouth about Frank Clark considering how reeruned your takes are about a player with 10.5 playoff sacks in 4 years.

Lmao, calling Frank Clark what he is isn't being cynical and miserable. Acting like he's going to perform like some stud because he said some things is delusional. He's garbage.
But he is bad. JAG = average and this mother ****er isn't close to average.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:06 PM 02-02-2023
They aren’t cutting him DJ. Come on. We know that’s not happening. Best to just accept it now.

Last year they stared at a $26.3 million cap hit from him for this season and drug the can down an extra year to lower his cap hit to $13.2 million this year and $7.6 million in dead money in 2023 if they cut him.

Since we are pretty damn sure they aren’t cutting him, I guess it’s a lose/lose for you. Either pay him that big cap hit one more year or deal with his dead money in 2025.

Not unless they can work magic to somehow restructure to lower the 2023 cap hit and keep it at 1 more year. Doesn’t sound likely
He has $21 million in non-guaranteed money.

Just exactly how much leverage do you think he has here?

'Magic' ain't necessary - an abacus should do just fine.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:15 PM 02-02-2023
He has $21 million in non-guaranteed money.

Just exactly how much leverage do you think he has here?

'Magic' ain't necessary - an abacus should do just fine.
He's either taking a significant pay cut....and I mean SIGNIFICANT....or they'll just cut his ass.

If they keep Clark at a cap hit of $28.675 million (which is more than Chris Jones)....then fucking fire Veach because he's fucking retarded.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:17 PM 02-02-2023
He's got a prorated bonus of $7.675 million that they're on the hook for either way. His base salary is $20.5 million...none of it guaranteed.

He can either accept a pay cut down to a base salary of $4.5 million or he can kick rocks. That would move his cap hit down to $12.675 million.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:22 PM 02-02-2023
He's got a prorated bonus of $7.675 million that they're on the hook for either way. His base salary is $20.5 million...none of it guaranteed.

He can either accept a pay cut down to a base salary of $4.5 million or he can kick rocks. That would move his cap hit down to $12.675 million.
That's what I believe KC is overlooking here.

The 'dead money' he's talking about doesn't exist. $9 million of it does, but it's on next year's cap one way or the other. Keep him, cut him - it's there. That was the trade-off and the argument I had with the "he costs the same" crowd last season. There's NOTHING that can be done to change that.

The other $21 million is just fake money. It doesn't exist unless we pay it. There's no 'dead money' there that needs to be spread into subsequent years and there's ZERO chance the Chiefs elect to give the guy a $21 million base salary next year.

He'll play on a salary commensurate with his full-season contributions (with a nod to his performance in the playoffs) or he's gone.

This is just silly. With $21 million in non-guaranteed money, you might as well view the guy as a free agent and consider his possible contract terms accordingly. That dollar figure means NOTHING.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:25 PM 02-02-2023
That's what I believe KC is overlooking here.

The 'dead money' he's talking about doesn't exist. $9 million of it does, but it's on next year's cap one way or the other. Keep him, cut him - it's there. That was the trade-off and the argument I had with the "he costs the same" crowd last season. There's NOTHING that can be done to change that.

The other $21 million is just fake money. It doesn't exist unless we pay it. There's no 'dead money' there that needs to be spread into subsequent years and there's ZERO chance the Chiefs elect to give the guy a $21 million base salary next year.

He'll play on a salary commensurate with his full-season contributions (with a nod to his performance in the playoffs) or he's gone.

This is just silly. With $21 million in non-guaranteed money, you might as well view the guy as a free agent and consider his possible contract terms accordingly. That dollar figure means NOTHING.
Yeah. That "keeping him at his current cap hit" bullshit was so far the dumbest shit I've seen today. He's making more than Chris Jones this year if you do that.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:32 PM 02-02-2023
Got take:

Veach will get a 3rd round pick for Frank.

I’m looking at you, Jacksonville…or the Giants.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 94
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Up