ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 94
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:28 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If they bring him back, which I'm still against, it better not be more than just a year by year contract. There's no way that I'm signing an about to be 30 year old who has problems finishing games to a multiyear deal.
Exactly. At this point, you can forget about his performance on the field and all that.

He's 30 and he's had multiple injury issues over the last couple of years. That should be the primary consideration when talking about retaining him. His play on the field is important but it's secondary, IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Clearly his 2023 cap number isn't something that KC can accept. But he's proven that he has a role. If Clark would take somewhere in the range of 2-3 years at $12-15 million a year with incentives that could bring him an extra $1-2 million a year based on performance I think he would have to heavily consider taking that. I don't think he's getting a huge deal in FA.

Do that and KC opens up their options in the draft. Depending on what they do with OBJ they could focus on a significant trade up for a LT, or possibly a WR if OBJ is tagged/extended. Perhaps they find a great RT prospect, or still find a can't miss DE prospect. DT would be another possibility. Keeping Clark around and possibly OBJ means they have fewer gaping holes on the roster and can really go with BPA. They can be aggressive with their multiple picks.

[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:32 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Too much? Just trying to be realistic. Would prefer more like $10 million, just don’t know if he’d accept that.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:34 AM 02-02-2023

Everyone, #Chiefs Frank Clark. pic.twitter.com/1vvwjQvzmt

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:37 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Too much? Just trying to be realistic. Would prefer more like $10 million, just don’t know if he’d accept that.
That makes him one of the 15-20 highest paid DEs in the league. Entering his age 30 season.

Guy should never see another multi-year pact. He should never see even a 1-year deal that doesn't come weighted into games played incentives. And frankly, since 'Playoff Frank' is the only one that ever bothers to actually play, you should probably plow a fair chunk of it into that same "Play 60% of the snaps and win the AFC Championship" bonus.

Because if suddenly all we actually expect him to do is play 2 decent games a year, shouldn't that be what we're paying him for?

CP is really sitting here pondering the wisdom of giving Frank Clark and JJSS a combined $25-30 million.

Please get here soon, Super Bowl...
[Reply]
New World Order 10:40 AM 02-02-2023
The Frank Clark ride needs to end
[Reply]
RunKC 10:40 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If they bring him back, which I'm still against, it better not be more than just a year by year contract. There's no way that I'm signing an about to be 30 year old who has problems finishing games to a multiyear deal.
Well they did that last Spring and everyone hated it. I bet they do it again bc he’s got 2.5 sacks in the playoffs this month.

I really don’t care as long as they keep drafting developmental players that produce on DL like Danna and Karlaftis.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:43 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Neil be fence riding
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:45 AM 02-02-2023
Myles Garrett got 5/125 with 100 guaranteed with only 1 playoff sack.

TJ Watt got 4/112 with 80 guaranteed with only 1 playoff sack.

Frank Clark should get something like 4/345 with 260 guaranteed with 13 playoff sacks.
[Reply]
O.city 11:08 AM 02-02-2023
No. Just no guys. No.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:10 AM 02-02-2023
I'd bring him back.

$1m base salary.
$1m per sack.

You wanna get paid? Produce.

I'm kidding. Sort of.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:12 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
No. Just no guys. No.
He's coming back.

Probably best to resign yourself to this fact. At some point the organization determined that 2 good games and 'a mental edge' are more important than the 17 games of nothing we'll for the rest of the year.

My hope at this point is that we've seen the last of the Chiefs believing he's a guy that can/should play 65-70% of the snaps in a game and instead look for a replacement RDE1 and have Clark move into that Dunlap role as a rotational guy.

If he played for any other team in the league, that's probably how we'd view him. A "hey, let's take a cheap flyer on this guy and see if he can help us in the playoffs!" sort of guy.

I mean there's just no way we'd be looking to give this guy a multi-year deal for 8 figures annually coming from, say, LA.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:12 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'd bring him back.

$1m base salary.
$1m per sack.

You wanna get paid? Produce.

I'm kidding. Sort of.
I’d pay him $100k per point in his PFF coverage grade with a $50K bonus per edge set.

Grade out to a 90 in coverage? $9 million.

Set 10 edges? $500k bonus.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:26 AM 02-02-2023
Brown Jr and Jones will both get extensions IMO. That will drastically lower their caps hit in 2023 to free up quite a bit of cap space.

I have to wonder if they just don’t touch Frank’s contract and let him have on more year. I’m sure folks here will like that bc tinkering with it likely means more dead money in 2024 instead of him just being off the books.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Brown Jr and Jones will both get extensions IMO. That will drastically lower their caps hit in 2023 to free up quite a bit of cap space.

I have to wonder if they just don’t touch Frank’s contract and let him have on more year. I’m sure folks here will like that bc tinkering with it likely means more dead money in 2024 instead of him just being off the books.
Don’t touch his contract? There’s no way he’s staying at that cap hit next year. NO FUCKING WAY.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 94
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Up