ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 94
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:06 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
Frank Clark gets a sack in every playoff game it seems like. Personally, I think it's good to have players that step it up in the playoffs every time even if their regular season didn't have the all pro stats.
Frank is just a wildly interesting/polarizing cat in the playoffs. For instance, in three playoff seasons with SEA, Frank only earned 5 solo tackles, 6 QB hits, and just a pair of TFLs, to go along with his three playoff sacks. But in four years with KC, he's garnered 20 solo tackles, 14 TFLs, and 14 QB hits to go along with his franchise-leading 13.5 sacks, not to even mention his 11 assists or PD.

Say what you will about his regular season performances as a Chief, but in the playoffs he's literally been a completely different player for KC. He's messing with elite at this point.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:08 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If Frank is fine with limited playing time all year, with a commensurate salary, and then ball out in the playoffs, I'm all for it.
If this were to happen I'd commit to a Clark jersey.

Maybe it was the Neil Smith cigar lighting moment but I kind of felt like that was some ominous foreshadowing so I can't commit to it til I see where he winds up after the season.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:10 PM 02-01-2023
Frank on this Chiefs team treats the NFL like its the NBA.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:40 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Frank is just a wildly interesting/polarizing cat in the playoffs. For instance, in three playoff seasons with SEA, Frank only earned 5 solo tackles, 6 QB hits, and just a pair of TFLs, to go along with his three playoff sacks. But in four years with KC, he's garnered 20 solo tackles, 14 TFLs, and 14 QB hits to go along with his franchise-leading 13.5 sacks, not to even mention his 11 assists or PD.

Say what you will about his regular season performances as a Chief, but in the playoffs he's literally been a completely different player for KC. He's messing with elite at this point.
Playoff Frank= Elite Reg Season Frank= JAG
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:45 PM 02-01-2023
Big Shot Bob
[Reply]
kccrow 07:34 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
DJ you better start accepting bud. They are definitely bringing Frank back on some kind of small extension

I don't know if it'll be an extension, I certainly have major doubts about that. I think they ask him to rework his salary again and keep him next year though. I'm thinking about 7-8 million with a portion of that being incentive-based. Would put his cap hit around 15 million with the sunk cost of his bonus.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:47 AM 02-02-2023
Shark reads dj posts before playoff games
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:34 AM 02-02-2023
Life comes at you fast.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Is there a number that you would be okay with them bringing Clark back for the last year of his deal? Obviously his cap hit of $28 million isn't going to work. If he takes a pay cut, what would be palatable to have him on this team again?

Keep in mind, that I'm of the mindset of just cutting bait and moving on. I'd rather bring back Dunlap on another 1 year deal, plus signing Danna if we can.
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't know if it'll be an extension, I certainly have major doubts about that. I think they ask him to rework his salary again and keep him next year though. I'm thinking about 7-8 million with a portion of that being incentive-based. Would put his cap hit around 15 million with the sunk cost of his bonus.
I brought it up earlier. I'm trying to figure out what number I'd be okay with bringing him back. Not because I want him back but because I think THEY want him back. Especially if we get another ring this year.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:17 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
god damn great stat

DJ's Left Butt is going to have to look at frank's name on the ring of honor for the rest of his life. :-)
Uncertain Deadwoodjedi GIFfrom Uncertain GIFs

[Reply]
Direckshun 10:20 AM 02-02-2023
So here's a question that's already been asked in DraftPlanet, but I'll ask it here.

What would your bring Clark back for?

I'd sign him to 1-year deals from here on out if he was willing to take them. This coming year? I'd offer $7m. I imagine someone else will pay him more.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:22 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Is there a number that you would be okay with them bringing Clark back for the last year of his deal? Obviously his cap hit of $28 million isn't going to work. If he takes a pay cut, what would be palatable to have him on this team again?

Keep in mind, that I'm of the mindset of just cutting bait and moving on. I'd rather bring back Dunlap on another 1 year deal, plus signing Danna if we can.
*cough*

Originally Posted by Direckshun:
So here's a question that's already been asked in DraftPlanet, but I'll ask it here.

What would your bring Clark back for?

I'd sign him to 1-year deals from here on out if he was willing to take them. This coming year? I'd offer $7m. I imagine someone else will pay him more.

[Reply]
Lzen 10:22 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by thabear04:
:-):-)
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:22 AM 02-02-2023
Clearly his 2023 cap number isn't something that KC can accept. But he's proven that he has a role. If Clark would take somewhere in the range of 2-3 years at $12-15 million a year with incentives that could bring him an extra $1-2 million a year based on performance I think he would have to heavily consider taking that. I don't think he's getting a huge deal in FA.

Do that and KC opens up their options in the draft. Depending on what they do with OBJ they could focus on a significant trade up for a LT, or possibly a WR if OBJ is tagged/extended. Perhaps they find a great RT prospect, or still find a can't miss DE prospect. DT would be another possibility. Keeping Clark around and possibly OBJ means they have fewer gaping holes on the roster and can really go with BPA. They can be aggressive with their multiple picks.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:25 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Clearly his 2023 cap number isn't something that KC can accept. But he's proven that he has a role. If Clark would take somewhere in the range of 2-3 years at $12-15 million a year with incentives that could bring him an extra $1-2 million a year based on performance I think he would have to heavily consider taking that. I don't think he's getting a huge deal in FA.

Do that and KC opens up their options in the draft. Depending on what they do with OBJ they could focus on a significant trade up for a LT, or possibly a WR if OBJ is tagged/extended. Perhaps they find a great RT prospect, or still find a can't miss DE prospect. DT would be another possibility. Keeping Clark around and possibly OBJ means they have fewer gaping holes on the roster and can really go with BPA. They can be aggressive with their multiple picks.
If they bring him back, which I'm still against, it better not be more than just a year by year contract. There's no way that I'm signing an about to be 30 year old who has problems finishing games to a multiyear deal.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 94
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Up