ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 55
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread***
DaFace 03:00 PM 12-20-2020
Well, it's gonna be a weird year, but here's your format:

The @NHLPA and @NHL have announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://t.co/2on0oStnMd pic.twitter.com/aggYeVMjfj

— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
Fish 09:05 PM 06-22-2021
Price looked pretty good that period.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:07 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They're just too similar... two great goalies, good defense, good at mucking it up. I was slow to say this, because I figured Vegas would just steamroll them with their speed.

Vegas has little speed this series though... I know a lot of their speed against the Avalanche was due to the 4 million turnovers, but still.

It's kind of like having a franchise QB in football. You largely need one to make it deep into the playoffs, but once you get that far, you're most likely playing teams that also have one..... so, that's where you see the other phases of the game matter more than they typically do in the regular season.

For hockey, it's good goaltending and decent defense... you aren't generally in the conference finals without both of these things, so generally the teams that have made it this far have those things AND a pretty good offense.

Yet, we're seeing all defense and inept offense... and it's ****ing brutal.
The age vs lights were fun but it seemed more due to crap defense and turnovers than offensive execution, but that was just the few games I watched ,
[Reply]
Monticore 09:15 PM 06-22-2021
Good shot there I smell ot again
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:24 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The age vs lights were fun but it seemed more due to crap defense and turnovers than offensive execution, but that was just the few games I watched ,
Yeah, that's largely why the Avalanche haven't advanced beyond the 2nd round... and it took them far too long in that series to adjust from trying to stick-handle Vegas to death and turning it over 4 million times, to finally thinking defense first as every team should in the playoffs.

And even when they did adjust, there wasn't a long list of players who were terribly effective... Saad and Makar were the two who consistently stuck out in the offensive zone.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:27 PM 06-22-2021
Yeah, that's largely why the Avalanche haven't advanced beyond the 2nd round... and it took them far too long in that series to adjust from trying to stick-handle Vegas to death and turning it over 4 million times, to finally thinking defense first as every team should in the playoffs.

And even when they did adjust, there wasn't a long list of players who were terribly effective... Saad and Makar were the two who consistently stuck out in the offensive zone.
Makar is crazy good .
[Reply]
Monticore 09:32 PM 06-22-2021
Mtl in trying not to lose mode instead of playing like they did in second
[Reply]
Monticore 09:44 PM 06-22-2021
Well Vegas is going to have to earn it .
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:48 PM 06-22-2021
Played with fire again and lost this time... they just aren't bringing it like they did against the Avalanche. Seemed like they had 8 skaters on the ice for most of that series.

And they just aren't good enough on offense to not be all over it defensively, creating turnovers, mucking it up, etc.... even against Montreal, apparently.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:52 PM 06-22-2021
Hockey is such a weird sport. It's just impossible to really know how any series is gonna go.
[Reply]
Fish 09:58 PM 06-22-2021
Played with fire again and lost this time... they just aren't bringing it like they did against the Avalanche. Seemed like they had 8 skaters on the ice for most of that series.

And they just aren't good enough on offense to not be all over it defensively, creating turnovers, mucking it up, etc.... even against Montreal, apparently.
It's crazy weird how different this MTL-VGK series is compared to the AVS-VGK series.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:09 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
It's crazy weird how different this MTL-VGK series is compared to the AVS-VGK series.
Yeah, especially since they won game 1, then bounced back in game 3 and out shot them something like 30-8 in 2 periods.... and now they're looking worse and more out of it each game.

They are pretty mentally weak when things aren't going their way though.... I mean, they're obviously used to close games every game, but obviously get frustrated easily when down a couple goals... they get so many penalties after getting scored on, it's practically a strategy to go on the PK. Late in the game, Martinez was crying all the way back to the bench when Gallagher's stick barely touched his and he dropped it, then they started with their arm-raising from there (one did look like a missed crosscheck to the back).

So, maybe they're super frustrated that a team is actually beating them at their own game.... puck luck goals, mucking it up, and getting away with all kinds of shit.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:13 PM 06-22-2021
Danault/KK/Suzuki are ver underrated at both ends , the whole team is just working harder than Vegas .
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:13 PM 06-22-2021
And speaking of resilience, I'm more interested to see how the Islanders bounce back.... it's easy to write them off after that beating, but not expecting them to go quietly.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:15 PM 06-22-2021
And speaking of resilience, I'm more interested to see how the Islanders bounce back.... it's easy to write them off after that beating, but not expecting them to go quietly.
Teams surprisingly play well after a blowout, TB got some good bounces , next game be close.
[Reply]
Fish 10:23 PM 06-22-2021
Yeah, especially since they won game 1, then bounced back in game 3 and out shot them something like 30-8 in 2 periods.... and now they're looking worse and more out of it each game.

They are pretty mentally weak when things aren't going their way though.... I mean, they're obviously used to close games every game, but obviously get frustrated easily when down a couple goals... they get so many penalties after getting scored on, it's practically a strategy to go on the PK. Late in the game, Martinez was crying all the way back to the bench when Gallagher's stick barely touched his and he dropped it, then they started with their arm-raising from there (one did look like a missed crosscheck to the back).

So, maybe they're super frustrated that a team is actually beating them at their own game.... puck luck goals, mucking it up, and getting away with all kinds of shit.
Last paragraph is exactly what I was thinking....
[Reply]
Page 44 of 55
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up