ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>School's out for Summer!-AMA
displacedinMN 03:32 PM 06-09-2019
I said I would.

But a few classroom rules.
1. The answer to the obligatory question. No
2. There are no stupid questions-just stupid people that ask questions.
3. Teacher has the right to suspend you.
4. Teacher can take regular quarter and holiday breaks.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:07 AM 06-10-2022
I need to get kid 2 out of college and then maybe a few more years.
Have moved schools so I wont get full retirement from anyone. But have enough investments that I want to be done by the time I am 60. I am 53. Seven years to get through this mess seems right.

That would make 37 years. That is long enough.

I do have to switch disciplines next year. Earth Science to Physical Science. Not excited but will spend most of the summer building unit plans and lesson plans. So if anyone wants to send me some 8th grade Physical Science stuff-I would gladly accept it.

IF I find an Earth Science position that I am interested in, I would apply and accept it if offered. Not interested in going back to public school though.

DJ-heading to philly tomorrow. Driving and pulling a trailer again.
[Reply]
DJay23 07:27 AM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I need to get kid 2 out of college and then maybe a few more years.
Have moved schools so I wont get full retirement from anyone. But have enough investments that I want to be done by the time I am 60. I am 53. Seven years to get through this mess seems right.

That would make 37 years. That is long enough.

I do have to switch disciplines next year. Earth Science to Physical Science. Not excited but will spend most of the summer building unit plans and lesson plans. So if anyone wants to send me some 8th grade Physical Science stuff-I would gladly accept it.

IF I find an Earth Science position that I am interested in, I would apply and accept it if offered. Not interested in going back to public school though.

DJ-heading to philly tomorrow. Driving and pulling a trailer again.
I just spent the last 4 summers in a row working on changing up my curriculum, I am finally taking a summer off.

I have taught Physical Science in the past. I am strictly Bio now. But I've done a lot of fun stuff with Physical science. There are a lot of cool ideas in the Middle Level FOSS kit. I didn't like Physics and Chem in college, but I love teaching it because it is so easy to do lots of hands on stuff to teach the concepts. If you need help with ideas message me and I'll see what I have.

I just got back from Philly yesterday! I took the family to see Coldplay at the Linc. Drove all the way home that night. Went to bed at 4, got up at 7, and went to school for the last day (and somehow played a volleyball game against the kids on 3 hours of sleep).
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:23 AM 06-10-2022
you need a Mt. Dew. It is how I survive.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:48 PM 12-20-2022
I am bored. It is Christmas break. And I can say that since I am in a Catholic School.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:13 AM 12-21-2022
The automobile piss jug etiquette is outrageous
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:27 AM 12-21-2022
Why is the immaculate reception so immaculate? I don’t get it. Why am I supposed to be astounded and amazed by this play?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:51 AM 12-21-2022
Because it was Pitts. Darlings at the time

In today's HD world it may be called incomplete

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:42 PM 06-07-2023
Another year in the books.

Clean up the room tomorrow then start on the 'stuff I put off until summer' list
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:53 PM 06-07-2023
Another year in the books.

Clean up the room tomorrow then start on the 'stuff I put off until summer' list
Year 7 was a tough one for me.

New teaching job next year. Closer to home. It might be a half step backwards career wise but I'll be 10 minutes from the wife and kids instead of 40, and with my wife expecting in July -- it felt like the right move with the instability at my last job.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:01 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Year 7 was a tough one for me.

New teaching job next year. Closer to home. It might be a half step backwards career wise but I'll be 10 minutes from the wife and kids instead of 40, and with my wife expecting in July -- it felt like the right move with the instability at my last job.
a lot can be said for not spending time in a car. Almost like a pay raise.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:34 PM 06-07-2023
School's out for Summer!-AMA-Update
Are you gay?
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:41 PM 06-07-2023
I switched careers. This fall will be my first in a public high school teaching social science. Glad to know there are a few others on CP!
[Reply]
tyecopeland 05:03 AM 06-08-2023
Man, do I NOT miss teaching.
[Reply]
excessive 06:12 AM 06-08-2023
Started my Summer session Comp I class at JCCC this week. Love Summer classes: only eleven students and I get paid for a full roster.

I tried to do younger students when I started out 30 years ago, but dealing with 9th and 10th graders during my practicums sent me straight to graduate school and out of that mess. With dual credit classes and the trend of high school juniors and seniors taking college level classes now days, I am teaching lots of 16 and 17 year old students on college campuses. So, my question is, wtf are you doing in junior and senior high? Let's just say the quality of student I receive has declined, both in skill level and attitude.

Blame the pandemic, social media, whatever or whoever, but it's a different game than as little as ten years ago. I'm just hanging on for another 3 years when I'll start S.S. and maybe just do a few online classes for extra money.

I'm interested to hear from those teaching elementary or secondary kids about if they see any changes, experienced similar challenges, with the current generation of students.

Many of my students complain that they've already had the courses I teach, don't need to do them again, and the whole experience is a waste of time. "I got an A in this course in high school" is what I hear from many of my D and C graded students. And those aren't the exception but the norm. I'll be lucky to get 2 students out of a class of 24 with both talent and the motivation to work. I can deal with the lack of talent among the rest, as that's my job, but the lack of motivation and desire to learn is what's making retirement look pretty good right now.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:18 AM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Perineum Ripper:

Do they still have this type of pizza?

That pizza was the greatest pizza ever to a kid

We used to scrape the toppings off that square slice, eat them, then roll up the crust and it eat. Everyone loved that square pizza.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up