ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Are you willing to trade up in the first for an LT?
ntexascardfan 02:45 PM 03-16-2021
If so, how much draft capitol are you willing to give up for them and who do you want?
[Reply]
Dumb Bear 11:49 AM 03-20-2021
No fucking way do I wanna trade away the most electric receiver in the game still well within his prime

NO
THANKS
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:50 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
What LT prospects are there that aren't projects that won't likely contribute much in 2021?
Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are all likely to go top 13. After that, you're getting projections. Even Darrisaw is a bit raw.

You wanna trade next year's 1st rounder for a guy like Cosmi?

No fucking way.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:52 PM 03-20-2021
How much would it take to get Sewell? Is it even a possibility?
[Reply]
kccrow 10:22 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are all likely to go top 13. After that, you're getting projections. Even Darrisaw is a bit raw.

You wanna trade next year's 1st rounder for a guy like Cosmi?

No fucking way.
No, I never said that. I said I'd trade a 2nd and 4th though.

I said I'd give up a 1st for Darrisaw.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:23 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
How much would it take to get Sewell? Is it even a possibility?
It's not, which is why I jokingly made a mock trading Hill because that's about what it would take.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 06:58 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Which is why just throwing draft picks at the position, just to have a LT, isn't the answer, either.

The Chiefs cannot trade up to take a left tackle, only to have the 2013 version of Eric Fisher out there for 17 games.

If Veach determines the only way to go into the season with a quality LT is to throw a 1st and 2nd at the position, I'm fine with it but he'd better be right because if not, they're out at least one valuable pick AND they're doing it all over again next year.

I seem to remember Eric Fisher playing Right Tackle in 2013. A position that he never played before. I also believe that there is no cost too high to protect "The Golden Goose"
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:30 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
What LT prospects are there that aren't projects that won't likely contribute much in 2021?
I am no expert thats why I love this forum. Many of you especially Kccrow are fantastic to read on here.
My ovservation after reading the OTs ranking thread and reading a bunch of mock drafts had ALL of these guys available at 31. Some even had Jemikns there too.
I would be very happy to land one of these guys but again, Im no expert.

Here is the list of whats there, again some evn had Jenkins:

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:34 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are all likely to go top 13. After that, you're getting projections. Even Darrisaw is a bit raw.

You wanna trade next year's 1st rounder for a guy like Cosmi?

No fucking way.
What if you didnt have to trade next years first and he was available at 31?

Now are you good?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:43 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
I seem to remember Eric Fisher playing Right Tackle in 2013. A position that he never played before. I also believe that there is no cost too high to protect "The Golden Goose"

For Cosmi?

His stock is going to creep up after putting up a top 20 athletic profile for LT in the history of them tracking it.

But yeah, being able to get him at 31 would be GREAT.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 01:25 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
For Cosmi?

His stock is going to creep up after putting up a top 20 athletic profile for LT in the history of them tracking it.

But yeah, being able to get him at 31 would be GREAT.


If the Scouting Dept. , Veach and the Coaching Staff all agree. Yes
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:41 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Shit, while we're at it let's just trade Tyreek to the Dolphins for 3 and 18. No balls, no blue chips. Let's go.

Sign FA DE Jordan Jenkins, SS Kenny Vaccaro, and WR Willie Snead
1-03. LT Penei Sewell, Oregon
Tyreek Hill to Miami for 3 and 18.
1-10. WR Jalen Waddle, Alabama
Trade Dallas 18 and 31 for 10 and 75.
2-46. OC Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma
Trade 63, 94, and 144 to NE for 46
3-75. TE Hunter Long, Boston College
4-136. DE Janarius Robinson, Florida State
5-156. LB/SS JaCoby Stevens, LSU
Trade 175 and 205 to Philadelphia for 156
5-181. WR Josh Palmer


Roster

QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, Dar. Williams, UDFA

WR: J. Waddle, W. Snead, M. Hardman, B. Pringle, A. Calloway, J. Palmer
TE: T. Kelce, H. Long, N. Keizer

LT: P. Sewell, M. Rankin
LG: J. Thuney, Y. Durant
OC: C. Humphrey, N. Allegretti
RG: L. Duvernay-Tardif, K. Long
RT: M. Remmers L. Niang

DE: F. Clark, J. Robinson, T. Ward
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, K. Saunders
DE: J. Jenkins, T. Charlton, M. Danna

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: A. Hitchins, E. Smith
WLB: J. Stevens, B. Niemann, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, R. Fenton, T. Keyes, D. Baker
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, K. Vaccaro, A. Watts

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
Fun speculation, but no thank you haha. If we made a move like this I think we'd move Kelce, not Hill. Although, I hate to even put this sentence in writing next to my anonymous forum handle bc the football gods will still know I said it. Let's all agree that such blaspheme is unthinkable and find a new solution, please.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:52 PM 03-21-2021
Here's a fun game: Who are your current top 3 OL targets for our Chiefs in each round?

1.31?

2.63?

3.94?

4.136/144?

5.175/181?

6.207?
[Reply]
el borracho 07:10 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Here's a fun game: Who are your current top 3 OL targets for our Chiefs in each round?
I don't expect there to be any OL at 31 that merit the pick, so I would prefer to trade down and pick up extra picks between 40-95.

40s/ 50s: Humphrey
60s/ 70s: Little/ Myers
80s/ 90s: Meinerz and maybe (D'Ante) Smith

Little/ Meinerz sounds good to me because we would get to spend our earliest pick on something other than OL. But really, any combination of one OC, one OT out of that bunch would be great, IMO.

*Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert, nor have any special knowledge. Draftabulator, I am not.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:16 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I am no expert thats why I love this forum. Many of you especially Kccrow are fantastic to read on here.
My ovservation after reading the OTs ranking thread and reading a bunch of mock drafts had ALL of these guys available at 31. Some even had Jemikns there too.
I would be very happy to land one of these guys but again, Im no expert.

Here is the list of whats there, again some evn had Jenkins:

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
Interesting note:

"The 2020 offensive tackle class saw six players drafted in the first round. That was the most since 2011, when the same number were selected in the opening round, but the average number of players drafted at the position on the first day of the draft has hovered around three since 2010. While the 2021 class may not bring the same type of Day 1 success, there's lot of talent within it to already be excited about going forward."

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...ensive-tackles
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:18 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are all likely to go top 13. After that, you're getting projections. Even Darrisaw is a bit raw.

You wanna trade next year's 1st rounder for a guy like Cosmi?

No fucking way.
One of the two out Slater and Darrisaw could hit the #15 -20 demarcation.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up