ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 31
« First < 192526272829 3031 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. DíAnte Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:20 PM 04-19-2021
If Niang is the LT this season then a Jenkins selection makes a shitload more sense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:01 PM 04-19-2021
I think they draft a guy regardless.

It's possible that they work Niang and/or draftee at LT during the OTA's and mini-camp to see what's what.

If they feel like neither can handle it, they bring back Fish and take their lumps until he's good to go.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:42 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Who do you want them to trade up for though?

I don't understand using picks like that when the only way to get a really top notch prospect is to give up a haul and the guys you're getting with a reasonable trade up aren't really that much better than the guys at 31.

This just isn't the right draft to trade up for a LT. Its kind of like 2013 and looking for a QB.
I think itís a strong possibility but at the same time Duncan Idaho made a great point: Veach is about expanding on Mahomes and helping him, so I could easily see tackle or WR.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:58 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think itís a strong possibility but at the same time Duncan Idaho made a great point: Veach is about expanding on Mahomes and helping him, so I could easily see tackle or WR.
But do you see him trading up in the first for a tackle?

If so, who? And why? And can you actually justify the cost?
[Reply]
O.city 07:58 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Who do you want them to trade up for though?

I don't understand using picks like that when the only way to get a really top notch prospect is to give up a haul and the guys you're getting with a reasonable trade up aren't really that much better than the guys at 31.

This just isn't the right draft to trade up for a LT. Its kind of like 2013 and looking for a QB.
Darrisaw.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:00 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Darrisaw.
Are you ready to give up this year's first, next year's first and either this year's 3rd or next year's 2nd (at least)?

If so, do you really think that's a good idea for someone who scouts say needs further development and might not be able to start at LT day 1?
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Are you ready to give up this year's first, next year's first and either this year's 3rd or next year's 2nd (at least)?

If so, do you really think that's a good idea for someone who scouts say needs further development and might not be able to start at LT day 1?
From what I've read, yeah. I think he'd be fine to start day one next to Thuney and ends up being an all pro.

So yeah, I'd do it.

I also look at the fact that normally to get a LT, thats about the range you have to get into.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:05 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
But do you see him trading up in the first for a tackle?

If so, who? And why? And can you actually justify the cost?
I think they’re gonna let the chips fall as they may and trade up for someone like Jenkins if he’s in range, meaning he falls to the mid 20’s. That wouldn’t cost very much TBH. That’s assuming they want a tackle.

But I truly believe that Andy is adamant that he doesn’t want 2 rookie tackles with zero NFL snaps protecting his QB. I thinkthats why Remmers was told he would be a starter.

If Niang and Remmers are starting then we could easily hold off on OT until rd 2 and sit that player this year and groom them to take over in 2022.

It would be a nice way of building depth on the OL for this year and also building for the future
[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 04-20-2021
Yeah, if Niang is the plan at LT, I'd be fine as is and just sit tight.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:10 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think they’re gonna let the chips fall as they may and trade up for someone like Jenkins if he’s in range, meaning he falls to the mid 20’s. That wouldn’t cost very much TBH. That’s assuming they want a tackle.

But I truly believe that Andy is adamant that he doesn’t want 2 rookie tackles with zero NFL snaps protecting his QB. I thinkthats why Remmers was told he would be a starter.

If Niang and Remmers are starting then we could easily hold off on OT until rd 2 and sit that player this year and groom them to take over in 2022.

It would be a nice way of building depth on the OL for this year and also building for the future
I don't see the point in trading up for Jenkins when the guys just after him who would probably be available at 31 would cost so much less in terms of draft picks.

If Jenkins is the 4th tackle off the board at say 25 rather than 20, then Cosmi is likely there at 31. I don't see the point in throwing away draft picks like that.

EDIT: At this point, I actually HOPE the plan is to have Niang at LT and Remmers at RT. I'd MUCH rather take a developmental tackle than put a bunch of extra picks into the position. This team NEEDS cheap playmakers going forward above everything else. I get that the goal is to protect Patrick Mahomes. The best way to do that is to build a team with as few weaknesses as possible. They need not only quality starters but quality depth and they need it to be cheap. You can't build a team that way by continuously trading away draft picks.
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't see the point in trading up for Jenkins when the guys just after him who would probably be available at 31 would cost so much less in terms of draft picks.

If Jenkins is the 4th tackle off the board at say 25 rather than 20, then Cosmi is likely there at 31. I don't see the point in throwing away draft picks like that.
All this would be based on their internal rankings and such. We just have no clue who they value where.

Which is similar to my thoughts on Darrisaw. If they see him like some of the dudes I've been reading do, yeah, I'd trade up for him and give up an extra first as he'd be more than valuable enough.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:15 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
All this would be based on their internal rankings and such. We just have no clue who they value where.
It really doesn't matter who they value. There isn't enough differentiation between say Jenkins and Cosmi to justify trading up for one but staying put for the other. If the Chiefs actually value Jenkins THAT much more than Cosmi, I'd have to question their evals, because there's just nothing there to say one is that much better than the other.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:20 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
All this would be based on their internal rankings and such. We just have no clue who they value where.

Which is similar to my thoughts on Darrisaw. If they see him like some of the dudes I've been reading do, yeah, I'd trade up for him and give up an extra first as he'd be more than valuable enough.
You edited after I replied, sorry.

I agree on Darrisaw to a degree. I would absolutely trade up for him. He's enough better than the 4th and 5th guys to be worth trading extra picks.

The problem is the number of picks it might take. If Sewell goes to the Bengals and Slater to the Panthers, Darrisaw would have to get past the Cowboys at 10. Even if the Cowboys took someone else, the Chargers are sitting at 13.

Realistically, you might have to trade MORE than you traded to get Patrick Mahomes. Not only do I not like that idea, I'm not sure we even have the ammo to pull it off considering where we are probably picking the next couple of years.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:30 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't see the point in trading up for Jenkins when the guys just after him who would probably be available at 31 would cost so much less in terms of draft picks.

If Jenkins is the 4th tackle off the board at say 25 rather than 20, then Cosmi is likely there at 31. I don't see the point in throwing away draft picks like that.

EDIT: At this point, I actually HOPE the plan is to have Niang at LT and Remmers at RT. I'd MUCH rather take a developmental tackle than put a bunch of extra picks into the position. This team NEEDS cheap playmakers going forward above everything else. I get that the goal is to protect Patrick Mahomes. The best way to do that is to build a team with as few weaknesses as possible. They need not only quality starters but quality depth and they need it to be cheap. You can't build a team that way by continuously trading away draft picks.
Here’s what they’ve said:

-they like the depth in this class
-they think Niang can play LT and aspired to put him there
-Remmers is a starting tackle (RT)
-Long has been a pro bowl tackle (RT)

I think that means they like their options in td 2 at RT. Leatherwood, Little, Radunz, Forsythe, Brown.

That would be great bc rd 1 could be their impact player at WR, corner or DE and the developmental tackle could sit and learn for a year with Remmers starting and Long as a backup in case of injury

I really like that plan
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:31 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hereís what theyíve said:

-they like the depth in this class
-they think Niang can play LT and aspired to put him there
-Remmers is a starting tackle (RT)
-Long has been a pro bowl tackle (RT)

I think that means they like their options in td 2 at RT. Leatherwood, Little, Radunz, Forsythe, Brown.

That would be great bc rd 1 could be their impact player at WR, corner or DE and the developmental tackle could sit and learn for a year with Remmers starting and Long as a backup in case of injury

I really like that plan
Agree 100%. I think that's their plan and I like it as well.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 31
« First < 192526272829 3031 >
Up