ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 73
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
NEOM 06:42 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Can you imagine if we kicked out every player that has said something misogynistic or used an "anti gay slur" in their life?

Again, Gruden was not targeted, but during the WFT investigation those e-mails came up. People need to understand that there is a difference between a head coach and a football player. As a head coach you are the leader of the football team, the moral compass, you need to live by the rules that you preach and are given to you. The NFL has principles and despite the fact that those e-mails are years old, there is doubt, whether Gruden really is who he pretends to be. We are not talking about 1-3 e-mails in 2011, plus those e-mails are from different years, so who knows what kind of conversations and e-mails he had during the last 3-4 years. As far as I see it Mark Davis wanted to stick with Gruden, but the NFL indicated to him that he needs to take action otherwise more e-mails will come out, potentially damaging the Raiders organizations as well as other people. I'm curious whether this could really lead to a Harvey Weinstein situation, in which suddenly a lot of people within this business are starting to get cold feet...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:55 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by NEOM:
Again, Gruden was not targeted, but during the WFT investigation those e-mails came up. People need to understand that there is a difference between a head coach and a football player. As a head coach you are the leader of the football team, the moral compass, you need to live by the rules that you preach and are given to you. The NFL has principles and despite the fact that those e-mails are years old, there is doubt, whether Gruden really is who he pretends to be. We are not talking about 1-3 e-mails in 2011, plus those e-mails are from different years, so who knows what kind of conversations and e-mails he had during the last 3-4 years. As far as I see it Mark Davis wanted to stick with Gruden, but the NFL indicated to him that he needs to take action otherwise more e-mails will come out, potentially damaging the Raiders organizations as well as other people. I'm curious whether this could really lead to a Harvey Weinstein situation, in which suddenly a lot of people within this business are starting to get cold feet...
strategic use of passive voice, belied by your subsequent concession of active intent.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:57 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I miss the 90's when people weren't complete pussies.

Sorry to offend.
As the creator of one of the most popular threads on here ranking and objectifying women, I'd say my non- PC credentials are solid. But this is a internet forum.

He's an idiot putting that shit in an email. Never in a million years would I think to send something like that through work email.

Ordering people under you to pose topless, write something racist or homophobic in an email. That's definitely a fireable offense for being so stupid.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:02 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
As the creator of one of the most popular threads on here ranking and objectifying women, I'd say my non- PC credentials are solid. But this is a internet forum.

He's an idiot putting that shit in an email. Never in a million years would I think to send something like that through work email.

Ordering people under you to pose topless, write something racist or homophobic in an email. That's definitely a fireable offense for being so stupid.
I think people are making some conclusory leaps that aren't merited at present.

The best we know is that these exchanges were gleaned from review of communication traffic of Washington Redskin personnel.

We don't anything about when, where or how Gruden SENT those communications, just who received them.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:03 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
My greatest fear at this point is the Raiders hiring Eric B.
He's not shit without Reid and Mahomes, and that's why no one else has hired him.

He's perfect for the Raiders, y'all can have him.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:08 AM 10-12-2021
The Today show said that Gruden even exchanged emails of half naked cheerleaders...but no mention of Snyder in their report on the subject...and it was the lead story
[Reply]
ghak99 07:11 AM 10-12-2021
"I want to round up all the enablers." ~sometalkinghead

Now they want to go after everyone he sent an email to and judge how they responded to his comments.

There's no way we ship them EB after this shit storm.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:12 AM 10-12-2021
lol about the whole thing

lmao about the resignation

this is why you hire a coach that is obese and not horny. Reid isn't going to get caught sending nudes through email
[Reply]
TLO 07:27 AM 10-12-2021
:-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:32 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Ordering people under you to pose topless,
How in fuck did you come up with this?
[Reply]
jd1020 07:48 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Everyone get in your work email and call a high ranking exec a bundle of sticks pussy...see what happens.

Grudens a moron, anyone defending it is too. You have to know what you can and can't say how hard is that?
From my understanding he didn't do this in a work email and wasn't even employed by the league at the time, which is why the NFL couldn't do anything about it and basically started blackmailing the Raiders to do it for them.

Gruden is an idiot for saying these things by email, but the outrage over using words like queer when the message was talking about the league forcing the rams to do it, calling someone dumb with big lips, and the commissioner an anti football pussy is a bit laughable. I understand why he was fired. But I don't see anything that suggests he is an actual racist or against gay people.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:50 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
The Today show said that Gruden even exchanged emails of half naked cheerleaders...but no mention of Snyder in their report on the subject...and it was the lead story
That was the WFT GM that did that. Gruden was the recipient. Can we really blame him for the WFT GM forcing his cheerleader to pose half naked and then sending it to Gruden?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:51 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
How in **** did you come up with this?
The Redskins got busted for doing this with their cheerleaders and apparently Allen shared the topless photos with Gruden.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:53 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
From my understanding he didn't do this in a work email and wasn't even employed by the league at the time, which is why the NFL couldn't do anything about it and basically started blackmailing the Raiders to do it for them.

Gruden is an idiot for saying these things by email, but the outrage over using words like queer when the message was talking about the league forcing the rams to do it, calling someone dumb with big lips, and the commissioner an anti football pussy is a bit laughable. I understand why he was fired. But I don't see anything that suggests he is an actual racist or against gay people.
This is accurate.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:54 AM 10-12-2021
To clarify to those still behind the curve somehow-

He didn't get into that much hot water over the email from 10 years ago, they found many many more emails dating all the way up to 2018 when he was coaching the Raiders.

He called Goodell (who has a gay brother) a faggot and complained about the NFL pushing to draft Michael Sam and he also bitched about women refs and the pussification of the league.

I can imagine there is a lot more they are not letting out yet and that's how they leveraged him to resign.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 73
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up