ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 300
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:38 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Outside of Juan -

how bad is this defense going to be next year?
How great was it this year? McCullar was nails, Jalen was fine. But Dick certainly didn’t guard and outside Udeh our bench didn’t guard a soul

And KJ is back obv so he should be the same
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:07 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The worst defensive team of the Self era (2018, 47th in adjusted defensive efficiency) won the conference by two games and made the FF. If we can score, it probably won't matter.
This is correct. Self can coach up the defense, especially when he has a deeper bench and young guys with fresh legs.

We’ll be fine. Land Mgbako tomorrow, and this is a national champion contender. Probably already is.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:32 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
This is correct. Self can coach up the defense, especially when he has a deeper bench and young guys with fresh legs.

We’ll be fine. Land Mgbako tomorrow, and this is a national champion contender. Probably already is.
We are already the #1 team in the nation. And it’s a legit #1 without adding any more top shelf talent.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:47 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Outside of Juan -

how bad is this defense going to be next year?
Glass half empty guy, eh?

Why are you even assuming this will be a bad defensive team? Dickinson may not be a great pick and roll defender, but even he averages a couple blocks per game.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:49 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We are already the #1 team in the nation. And it’s a legit #1 without adding any more top shelf talent.
I don't know about that. I wouldn't doubt that Self could get the current roster to the overall 1 seed, but there are other rosters that are up there.

But they're not done. Mgbako will commit tomorrow, and hopefully they'll add at least one more decent player.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:03 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I don't know about that. I wouldn't doubt that Self could get the current roster to the overall 1 seed, but there are other rosters that are up there.

But they're not done. Mgbako will commit tomorrow, and hopefully they'll add at least one more decent player.
Mgbako and a decent bench big who can defend is all we need from here.

Even if that bench big is just a Lightfoot caliber player, that’s enough. Just need a guy who can play 10+ minutes without being a liability.
[Reply]
Ceej 05:40 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Glass half empty guy, eh?

Why are you even assuming this will be a bad defensive team? Dickinson may not be a great pick and roll defender, but even he averages a couple blocks per game.
Not at all.

It was an observation.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:10 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Mgbako and a decent bench big who can defend is all we need from here.

Even if that bench big is just a Lightfoot caliber player, that’s enough. Just need a guy who can play 10+ minutes without being a liability.
Should’ve kept Cam then. He could’ve served that role as bruiser
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:15 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I’d rather have someone who can jump.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:16 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
My only memory of Cam is when he cost Pablo all that money against Indiana lol
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:20 PM 05-11-2023
Ok but we are not getting anyone good with the offer of 8mpg

And at least he knew the system and could avoid making dumb turnovers
[Reply]
BWillie 10:45 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I’d rather have someone who can jump.
Honestly athleticism was not Cams issue, it was Jalens. Cam could dunk easily.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:49 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I have never seen a stiffer basketball player on a KU team. He simply could not dribble in a contested lane vs D1 competition.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:59 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I would suggest watching the few games Cam actually got into again then. He was maybe the worst athlete I’ve ever seen actually getting any minutes on a Self team (which is likely why Self didn’t give him many).
[Reply]
BWillie 11:00 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I have never seen a stiffer basketball player on a KU team. He simply could not dribble in a contested lane vs D1 competition.
Not sure how u could tell in limited minutes. He was a prototypical offensive guy with horrid defense and lack of lateral quickness
[Reply]
Page 18 of 300
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up