ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Blindside block
SupDock 11:24 AM 12-06-2021

How is that a blindside block. He is clearly blocking in the direction the ball is moving and not parallel or backwards.

It is a foul if a player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder.
[Reply]
oldman 12:25 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
How the **** does that idiot not see Hitchens blows my mind. ****ing dip shit.
That's exactly what I thought. It looks to me that he was either going to hit Hitchens or run around him.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:28 AM 12-07-2021
How the fuck does that idiot not see Hitchens blows my mind. Fucking dip shit.
I hope he DIED!!!!!!
[Reply]
carcosa 01:28 AM 12-07-2021
How the fuck does that idiot not see Hitchens blows my mind. Fucking dip shit.
I hope he DIED!!!!!!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:48 AM 12-07-2021
Hitch probably won't say so, but I bet that block was payback for some dirty shit the Broncos offensive line was doing during the game.

And while I think it was worth it, because fuck the Broncos, I would hate to have a play like that cost us a game in the future, so I hope it doesn't happen again.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
JakeF 01:53 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Hitch probably won't say so, but I bet that block was payback for some dirty shit the Broncos offensive line was doing during the game.

And while I think it was worth it, because fuck the Broncos, I would hate to have a play like that cost us a game in the future, so I hope it doesn't happen again.

Kelce was raging most of the game. Not sure what was going on, but there was some shit happening.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:59 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Kelce was raging most of the game. Not sure what was going on, but there was some shit happening.
I thought Kelce was telling officials that they kept grabbing inside his collar, and he was pissed off because he thought the officials were looking right at it, yet not calling anything.

Also, I know that I have said this before, but if you watch any games from 2018 or 2019, and compare Mahomes' mechanics to this year, they are not the same. Whether it's a foot or toe injury, or some other type of injury, it's very clear that something is affecting his mechanics, and therefore affecting not only his accuracy, but also affecting his velocity.

[Reply]
JakeF 02:00 AM 12-07-2021
I thought Kelce was telling officials that they kept grabbing inside his collar, and he was pissed off because he thought the officials were looking right at it, yet not calling anything.

Also, I know that I have said this before, but if you watch any games from 2018 or 2019, and compare Mahomes' mechanics to this year, they are not the same. Whether it's a foot or toe injury, or some other type of injury, it's very clear that something is affecting his mechanics, and therefore affecting not only his accuracy, but also affecting his velocity.

Yea, you might be right about his foot. Something just doesn't look right.
[Reply]
Otter 02:52 AM 12-07-2021
The only information I have is in-between my ears but it looks to me like coaching is trying to reinforce more of a pocket style passing approach.

Kind of like asking Jessica Alba to be a nun.
[Reply]
jettio 08:56 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Because Gay and Bolton and the line is healthy and playing well. He's no longer exposed like he was
Of course the chiefs planet way is to never give certain guys credit depending on their draft position or if they earned a second contract, but the guy is playing well and looking good.

Seems like Hitchens focused on playing at a lighter weight this year and it seems to be paying off since he returned from injury.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:22 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Yea, you might be right about his foot. Something just doesn't look right.
Yeah.. If his foot was better maybe the WRs would catch the ball.. JFC…:-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:34 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
The only information I have is in-between my ears but it looks to me like coaching is trying to reinforce more of a pocket style passing approach.

Kind of like asking Jessica Alba to be a nun.
This post is just stupid.

I don't know which idiot or which group of idiots is responsible for causing so many CPers to think Mahomes isn't his best when he's staying in the pocket. Yes he's also great when forced to bail from the pocket due to a blitz, but that's because a blitz takes away a pass defender which means someone is going to be open much quicker. I haven't seen him do it much recently, but the problem with him bailing from a clean pocket with a 4 man rush is that once the lineman aren't sure where he is or once he changes direction it makes it harder for the line to keep the pass rushers off of him. That leads to the pass rush getting to him quicker and our receivers have less time to get open. They need just a little more time because there are more pass defenders, but Mahomes has to try to force a pass to a guy that isn't open.

Mahomes has been one of the best QBs in the league when it comes to pocket presence and navigating not so clean pockets. From what I've seen he seems to be staying in the pocket, but now his problem is his accuracy is just shit right now and guys aren't catching balls. That leads to stalled drives or even worse INTs. I think he's really really close to getting back to being galaxies ahead of the competition.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:36 AM 12-07-2021
The point of the flag is to make sure guys arent peeling back to head hunt and de-cleat guy that is trying to run down a guy that he pretty much has no shot of catching. That is not what was happening last night. That line man had a chance to make a tackle and the block happened when that donkey was in between Thornhill and our end zone.

It makes no sense to flag that play just because the ****ing idiot cheating donkey wasn't watching where he was going. Since he got penalized anyway, I wish Hitchens would have ran full speed into the block instead of stopping and waiting for the idiot to come to him.

It's a terrible call
The funny thing is that I have the impression that Hitchens went easy on the stupid bronco. He basically just braced himself for the hit when he could have launched himself. I think he was aware of the rule and was staying within it, even though he got called anyway.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:40 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Ghost of Maslowski:
that play was flagged because the league expects it to be flagged 100% of the time

any ref that doesn't throw a flag on a block/hit like that might as well turn in their stripes
As if there's any sort of review or punishment for bad calls.

Wasn't Cheffers the head official for the Saints Rams game when the Rams speared a Saints receiver that was the most blatant PI you'll ever see and wasn't called?

EDIT: Nevermind. That was Bill Vinovich and he was punished by getting the Chiefs SB the next season. Cheffers had the Vikings vs Saints game that ended because of a non call on a OPI.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:40 AM 12-07-2021
He did what a big hit was supposed to do. He didn't lead with the helmet and i think that he probably wanted to proect himself as well launching and leading with the crown is dangerous to the blocker.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:46 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Yeah.. If his foot was better maybe the WRs would catch the ball.. JFC…:-)
The dropped passes are a big problem, but let's not act like Mahomes isn't also a problem as well. Yes, the ball is hitting guys in the hands, but a lot of the drops are due to bad ball placement. He's just not very accurate right now. I think he's trying to aim too much instead of just throwing it. That's leading to short passes and high passes (Sunday night however was a god awful night to throw with the wind and I think that was a big factor). I also understand that these guys are NFL players and should catch the balls that hit their hands, but Mahomes is also the best NFL QB so he should be placing the ball in a better spot. We can't expect perfection from the receivers and not do the same when it comes to Mahomes.

Mahomes is very close to getting himself right and I bet this week he drops 350+ yards and 3+ TDs.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:50 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The funny thing is that I have the impression that Hitchens went easy on the stupid bronco. He basically just braced himself for the hit when he could have launched himself. I think he was aware of the rule and was staying within it, even though he got called anyway.
Oh he definitely could have hit him much much harder, but didn't. Hitchens did everything right there, but got a penalty cuz the fat turd couldn't see a guy in right in front of him. That guy is just a complete fucking idiot.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up