ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Blindside block
SupDock 11:24 AM 12-06-2021

How is that a blindside block. He is clearly blocking in the direction the ball is moving and not parallel or backwards.

It is a foul if a player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:38 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by tooge:
By definition, it's not blindside if you hit him on the side of his body that his head is facing. Bullshit call. I guess ask Mike Vrabel
"Blindside" is a bad term the NFL still uses, because they've defined it to where it doesn't have to be blindside anymore.

I don't like the 2019 rule. True blindside, I get that that should be outlawed. But what Hitch did was a good old-fashioned block to me -- he didn't hit the Donk from behind, didn't contact his head, didn't use his helmet. Used his shoulder to hit him in the chest.

Unfortunately, I think it met the definition of the rule.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:39 AM 12-06-2021
Totally worth the $15. Also a great "how-to" video for veterinarians worldwide on how to quickly put a donkey down.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:40 AM 12-06-2021
Does the NFL still promote these?

https://youtu.be/zt9mXPOi_vk
[Reply]
loochy 11:40 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
"Blindside" is a bad term the NFL still uses, because they've defined it to where it doesn't have to be blindside anymore.

I don't like the 2019 rule. True blindside, I get that that should be outlawed. But what Hitch did was a good old-fashioned block to me -- he didn't hit the Donk from behind, didn't contact his head, didn't use his helmet. Used his shoulder to hit him in the chest.

I don't understand why the onus isn't on the pursuing player to pay attention to what is in front of him. Hitchens wasn't off at a 90 degree angle, nor a 45 degree angle. Hitchens was standing and waiting DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE PLAYER with maybe 15 or 20 degrees difference between him and the ball carrier - clearly within the field of vision of the pursing player was looking at the ball carrier.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:41 AM 12-06-2021

How? It is not parallel to or towards our endzone. You really can’t see the difference between the play and the examples in the video?

In every example the ball carrier is running down the field, and a player farther down field blocks back toward the ball carrier toward their own end zone.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:41 AM 12-06-2021
I took a couple hits like that in HS, and it certainly rings your bell. Keeps your head on a swivel for next time lol.
[Reply]
tooge 11:43 AM 12-06-2021
Did you watch the examples in the video?
"if he is MOVING" he wasn't moving parallel to the endline. He was standing still.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:43 AM 12-06-2021
Seems pretty cut and dry that was a foul to me.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:43 AM 12-06-2021
My issue is with the rule, not the call.

Anyway, like others have said, it happened to a Donk. I’m good with it. I’ll take the penalty.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:45 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Seems pretty cut and dry that was a foul to me.
I would love an explanation then. “ player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line”

He is not moving parallel or towards his own end line. He has about a 25 or 30° angle down field at a minimum
[Reply]
Jenson71 11:48 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I would love an explanation then. “ player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line”

He is not moving parallel or towards his own end line. He has about a 25 or 30° angle down field at a minimum
He's moving parallel enough with his own end line for there to be a clear violation of the intention of the rule.

It's a judgment call, not a science. Seems like a good call to me.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:49 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:

If you break out your protractor and show it to the ref, you might win the call.
[Reply]
wazu 11:55 AM 12-06-2021
Did you watch the examples in the video?
I did, and none of them looked like last night's play. Hitchens was directly between his guy and the runner. There's no way that the player blocked would have not been aware of his presence. In the examples in the video, in each instance the would-be tackler had his focus on a ball runner, with a blocker coming in from an angle other than directly in front of them.
[Reply]
kstater 11:58 AM 12-06-2021
It's close enough to parallel that when he loaded up on the guy it was an easy call. If he just goes for a simple block it likely isn't called.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:59 AM 12-06-2021
Because it looked bad and the refs are told to throw the flag I'd they think it is a penalty.

Same reason for all the terrible roughing the passer calls.

It is the new NFL. People complain but we all still watch.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up