ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:40 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Our offense is dying a death of a thousand tiny cuts.

Last night the drops. In other games it was drops and fumbles.

Mahomes isn't Osweiler but he is not in MVP form. He's playing like a top ten QB instead.

This offense badly needs more than 1 WR.

When teams take away explosive vertical plays and limit our RPO game we need to be patient and efficient...which we often aren't.
I don’t doubt we need several wide receivers, but what happened to the idea that Mahomes could make average receivers look good like he did with Albert Wilson in his first game against Denver?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:43 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I don’t doubt we need several wide receivers, but what happened to the idea that Mahomes could make average receivers look good like he did with Albert Wilson in his first game against Denver?
We're not playing average starters after Hill.

Pringle, Hardman, etc are bottom of the roster types.

We don't need to add superstars but we need 1 more good starter.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:49 AM 12-06-2021
I don't know, but at this point, it is who they are.

We need to make a serious commitment to running the ball, hit the backs in the flats, run screens, and just understand that it's not happening downfield.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:52 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't know, but at this point, it is who they are.

We need to make a serious commitment to running the ball, hit the backs in the flats, run screens, and just understand that it's not happening downfield.
If we want our offense to flourish when they take away our deep shots and RPO we need to go West Coast offense.

I got excited when I saw a play last night that looked perfect WCO but it was just an isolated incident.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:54 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Do you guys actually think that coaches in the NFL are teaching players how to catch?
He definitely sets up their routines. There has been a huge drop off in catch rate.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
scho63 08:00 AM 12-06-2021
Does Mahomes share any of the blame for some of the short balls being rockets?

When they are a little too hard, they will carom off body parts and shoot high in the air, making INT's easy.

Some of the drops are just inexcusable. Pringle, Tyreek and Kelce all had stupid drops.

Tyreek's tip was a ball he has caught in the past but it looked like it sailed high and behind him.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:01 AM 12-06-2021
I really only saw 2 or 3 bad throws last night. The sidearm throw was bad. The INT to Reek was high and hot but probably catchable. Other than that he hit guys in the hands several times and they just dropped the ball.
[Reply]
O.city 08:02 AM 12-06-2021
Mahomes got pretty antsy last night and missed some throws.

To his benefit though, the wind was wicked. It was blowing a solid 30 all night.
[Reply]
O.city 08:05 AM 12-06-2021
There's not reason to add another WR if Mahomes won't throw them the ball.

He never plays that well against Denver defenses with Fangio at the helm, but last night was back to old Mahomes of this season where he was tentative and throwing not to make mistakes.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:06 AM 12-06-2021
They probably stopped doing the port-a-potty drill
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:15 AM 12-06-2021
One thing that I've noticed about Hill is that he tends to catch the ball with chest instead of in his hands. Several of the tipped/intercepted balls were off his hands. Teams seem to key on swatting at the ball to force fumbles. The Kelce non-catch/fumble was close to a game changing play.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:25 AM 12-06-2021
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome your new WR1: D Williams!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:31 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome your new WR1: D Williams!
If teams are going to drop their safeties and linebackers I'm fine with it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:37 AM 12-06-2021
It is in their heads

It also looks like Mahomes is having issues throwing over the line. Maybe get out of the pocket-if you can.

Thoughts welcome
[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 12-06-2021
He was back to leaving due to phantom pressure and just looking uncomfortable all night.

I don't know if it's an injury thing, a not trusting the OL thing or what. But he didn't play well.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up