ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3812 of 3903
« First < 2812331237123762380238083809381038113812 381338143815381638223862 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
007 10:46 PM 12-06-2021
Well covid got me. We'll see how this goes.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:37 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by 007:
Well covid got me. We'll see how this goes.

Sorry to hear it!

I had a breakthrough infection in October, right at the 7-month mark from my first vaccine dose.

I came through with what felt like a bad sinus infection for 2 days (what led to me getting tested) but otherwise did fine. I was fortunate. No breathing problems. No fever.

If you have an oxygen sensor, keep an eye on your blood oxygen level (check it while resting sometime in the morning, before bed). What I was told was as long as you stay above 95%, you’re golden. If it dips below that AND you can feel yourself having trouble breathing, keep a closer eye on it and go see a doctor if it dips below 90%. Might be worth a call to your primary doc if you have one to see their direction for you.

^ above assumes you’re vaccinated. If you’re not, I’d check into getting monoclonal antibodies treatment.
[Reply]
TLO 07:39 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Sorry to hear it!

I had a breakthrough infection in October, right at the 7-month mark from my first vaccine dose.

I came through with what felt like a bad sinus infection for 2 days (what led to me getting tested) but otherwise did fine. I was fortunate. No breathing problems. No fever.

If you have an oxygen sensor, keep an eye on your blood oxygen level (check it while resting sometime in the morning, before bed). What I was told was as long as you stay above 95%, you’re golden. If it dips below that AND you can feel yourself having trouble breathing, keep a closer eye on it and go see a doctor if it dips below 90%. Might be worth a call to your primary doc if you have one to see their direction for you.

^ above assumes you’re vaccinated. If you’re not, I’d check into getting monoclonal antibodies treatment.
I'd consider the monoclonal antibodies regardless if you're vaccinated or not.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:54 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'd consider the monoclonal antibodies regardless if you're vaccinated or not.
I assume you have to meet some sort of criteria to receive them or are they just giving it to who ever wants it.

It isn't an option up here right now not sure why maybe just supply .
[Reply]
Monticore 08:07 AM 12-07-2021
a little late to the party but hey

Canada's first homegrown COVID-19 vaccine shows high efficacy

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...EDJ?li=AAggNb9

different tech I guess too

If licensed in this country, the shot would be the first COVID-19 vaccine using virus-like particle technology and the first plant-based vaccine ever approved for human use, Brian Ward, medical officer for Medicago, said during a recent interview with CBC News.

"This would be a first for the world," he added, "not just for Quebec and Canada."

The shots use Medicago's plant-derived, virus-like particles — which resemble the coronavirus behind COVID-19 but don't contain its genetic material — and also contain an adjuvant from GSK to help boost the immune response.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:17 AM 12-07-2021
Heard of an interesting case (Friend’s husband) where the husband was vaccinated (i don’t know if it was Moderna or Pfizer) 7 months ago. He has crohn’s and was considering a booster. He went to get an antibody test to see how his immunity was and they told him it was if he was never vaccinated at all.
I don’t know other details, but found it interesting.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:29 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Heard of an interesting case (Friend’s husband) where the husband was vaccinated (i don’t know if it was Moderna or Pfizer) 7 months ago. He has crohn’s and was considering a booster. He went to get an antibody test to see how his immunity was and they told him it was if he was never vaccinated at all.

I hadn't heard of that specifically, but I believe Chron's is an autoimmune disease. Those do all sorts of weird stuff to your immune system. (And it's why they approved boosters for people who are immunocompromised way earlier than everyone else.)
[Reply]
TLO 08:39 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I assume you have to meet some sort of criteria to receive them or are they just giving it to who ever wants it.

It isn't an option up here right now not sure why maybe just supply .
If you're living and breathing you pretty much qualify for the antibody treatment around here
[Reply]
bdj23 08:42 AM 12-07-2021
I had it in October, it was literally indistinguishable from the common cold for me.

My wife had it a few days later with similar symptoms + taste loss.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:45 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

antibodies wane over time and can very from person to person and antibody test might not detect what isn't there anymore but you are still protected vs disease/illness from your t-cell .
[Reply]
Monticore 11:31 AM 12-07-2021
not sure how this would affect a cough or a sneeze in regards to reduced transmission need to brush up on my gum science, color me skeptical

Gum with a plant-grown protein reduces COVID-19 transmission by 95%

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/med...7cJ?li=AAggNb9
[Reply]
TLO 11:43 AM 12-07-2021

Good news on Omicron and vaccines: “The early indication is that you are going to be protected against serious illness with two doses of mRNA-containing vaccines. And the booster dose can increase antibodies,” Dr Paul Offit, FDA Advisory Cmte, to me this am.

— Jim Sciutto (@jimsciutto) December 6, 2021

[Reply]
TLO 11:46 AM 12-07-2021
Offit is one of the people I trust most on this topic. Highly encouraging.
[Reply]
RocKhawks 01:18 PM 12-07-2021
Just a quick update on my health. It is now day 10 since contracting Covid. It was a roller coaster, one minute i feel fine, the next i would have a fever of 102. It was up and down. Then i developed a horrible dry cough, and just couldn't stop coughing. This was about 3 days ago. I called urgent care and they said i should go to the hospital and they will put me on a ventilator for my cough, which they seemed to think is Covid Pneumonia. I was absolutely not going on a ventilator. I called my PCP, and he prescribed an inhaler and pills for my cough. As of today, i haven't had a fever for over 24 hours, and my cough is actually "productive", and not as violent. Things are looking up!
[Reply]
Monticore 01:40 PM 12-07-2021
another one late to the party

this COVID vaccine can be inhaled and its being made and tested in Canada

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...OyD?li=AAggNb9
[Reply]
Page 3812 of 3903
« First < 2812331237123762380238083809381038113812 381338143815381638223862 > Last »
Up