ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 500 of 1207
« First < 400450490496497498499500 5015025035045105506001000 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
srvy 08:28 PM 04-22-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I haven't read up on how to do it but do you think heating / charring the board a bit and then placing the fish on top would make a difference?
I think a hibachi would be ideal for this as you can adjust how close to coals you want to be. If nothing else get a smoker box and cut some the end of the cedar planks of if you have plenty real estate. Soak in water then put them in box close to flame.
[Reply]
srvy 08:42 PM 04-22-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Nah, I don't know if you're familiar with Alton's 'plan' to smoke on the cheap. But compared to the cost and effort inherent in store bought smokers, it makes a lot of sense.

And when you're not smoking, you can put the pots, the hotplate, the grill [he just uses the grill off a mini charcoal Weber] and the thermometer to their normal uses elsewhere.

The problem with that is no way to control the heat that I see. I mean after you have bought to large ceramic pots you probably could buy a cheap charbroil charcoal water smoker that will do a better job.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:49 PM 04-22-2017
Say hello to Dean Bartee.

The dude choked on a piece of toast and died? RIP
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:49 PM 04-22-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
You have a wonderful wife if she is willing to make you fried chicken.
That's what I told her! But I think the real deal is she made HER fried chicken. My consumption was a byproduct.

Say hello to Dean Bartee.
That right there folks is a well executed joke. Well done Lee. Well done. :-)
[Reply]
TimBone 01:21 PM 04-23-2017
Had a bbq lunch today at Tony's Barbecue today in Winnie, Texas. It wasn't outstanding, but it was above average.

I got brisket and pulled pork, with corn bake and baked beans as my side. Wife got ribs and sausage, with mac n cheese and some sort of potato side. Kid got ribs. It also came with delicious homemade rolls.

Most of the meat was good, but the brisket was really great. I'm a Texan that openly admits I prefer KC bbq, but this brisket took me back to my central Texas roots with great mesquite smoked flavor. The sauce could use an upgrade though.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:59 PM 04-23-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Had a bbq lunch today at Tony's Barbecue today in Winnie, Texas. It wasn't outstanding, but it was above average.

I got brisket and pulled pork, with corn bake and baked beans as my side. Wife got ribs and sausage, with mac n cheese and some sort of potato side. Kid got ribs. It also came with delicious homemade rolls.

Most of the meat was good, but the brisket was really great. I'm a Texan that openly admits I prefer KC bbq, but this brisket took me back to my central Texas roots with great mesquite smoked flavor. The sauce could use an upgrade though.

I've found few Texas BBQ places that I was very impressed with other than Fat Boys in Temple and Iron Works in Austin. Generally speaking I find Teaxs BBQ and even the very hyped-up The Salt Lick to be marginal (at best). I'm sure many would claim that's because I'm a KC suck-up, then when I tell them that I'm actually a larger fan of East Coast BBQ (pulled pork and Memphis style ribs) they usually just think I'm nuts.

Oh well, BBQ is very subjective and there arguments will never end.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:08 PM 04-23-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I've found few Texas BBQ places that I was very impressed with other than Fat Boys in Temple and Iron Works in Austin. Generally speaking I find Teaxs BBQ and even the very hyped-up The Salt Lick to be marginal (at best). I'm sure many would claim that's because I'm a KC suck-up, then when I tell them that I'm actually a larger fan of East Coast BBQ (pulled pork and Memphis style ribs) they usually just think I'm nuts.

Oh well, BBQ is very subjective and there arguments will never end.

Iron Works is great!

And the reason people think you're nuts when you say you like East Coast Q is because it's easily fourth rate BBQ being KC, Texas, and Memphis. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:24 PM 04-23-2017
I've got a 3 pound pork sirloin roast in the oven with some potatoes, onions and garlic, with a simple rub of paprika, black pepper and sea salt

Its got about 30 minutes to go and looks amazing... theres lotsa rich broth on the bottom of the pan
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:58 PM 04-23-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Iron Works is great!

And the reason people think you're nuts when you say you like East Coast Q is because it's easily fourth rate BBQ being KC, Texas, and Memphis. :-)
KC is best. The best of Memphis and Carolina are approximately tied, but too apples and oranges to make definitive judgment. Texas still trails, though they are working hard and certainly take pride.

That said, most anyone in those areas that are actually serious about the craft of Que serve up better fare than most all other venues.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:29 PM 04-23-2017
KC is best. The best of Memphis and Carolina are approximately tied, but too apples and oranges to make definitive judgment. Texas still trails, though they are working hard and certainly take pride.

That said, most anyone in those areas that are actually serious about the craft of Que serve up better fare than most all other venues.

I'd put Texas in front of Memphis, but I tend to like beef over pork. Best both have to offer is damn good Q. Either way, Carolinas takes a distant fourth to even the third place finisher in my book, and I judged out there in SC for a couple years. Best Carolina has to offer is purely mediocre (and by best, I mean grand champions at some of the SCBA events I judged).
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:33 PM 04-23-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I'd put Texas in front of Memphis, but I tend to like beef over pork. Best both have to offer is damn good Q. Either way, Carolinas takes a distant fourth to even the third place finisher in my book, and I judged out there in SC for a couple years. Best Carolina has to offer is purely mediocre (and by best, I mean grand champions at some of the SCBA events I judged).
Well considering when I think the best of Carolina, I'm thinking pork all the way . . .
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:57 PM 04-23-2017
Adobo rubbed skirt steak with a grilled pineapple salsa. I'm tortilla free, which cuts me deep, but I'm working on my summer bod.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:59 PM 04-23-2017
Well considering when I think the best of Carolina, I'm thinking pork all the way . . .

Definitely. Memphis and Carolinians have no clue WTF to do with a brisket.

I have a friend from Memphis that travels regularly to Texas. Kept talking shit about Texas Q until I asked him what he was ordering. Freakin' pork. You don't get pork in Texas and you don't get beef in Memphis.
[Reply]
threebag 04:28 PM 04-23-2017
Timbone good looking lunch. I could tell you weren't at Gates(meal wasn't covered with flies).
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:30 PM 04-23-2017
Shrimp dipped in Fried Chicken batter. It was great.
[Reply]
Page 500 of 1207
« First < 400450490496497498499500 5015025035045105506001000 > Last »
Up