ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 410 of 1203
« First < 310360400406407408409410 411412413414420460510910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:27 PM 01-24-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Chicken, refried beans, Spanish rice, Chimichanga.

Wow.. Rep!
[Reply]
Buzz 08:33 PM 01-24-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
That looks ****ing good

Thanks, I got two taco joints we could hit up next time your in town, just down the street.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:36 PM 01-24-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Wow.. Rep!

Thanks, back at you.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:53 PM 01-24-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Thanks, I got two taco joints we could hit up next time your in town, just down the street.
You've got me right where you want me lol.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:41 PM 01-24-2017
My slo-cooker pulled pork sammiches for the Pats/Steelers Championship game.

You can barely see the pork but there's a lot in that sammich, despite the raw cabbage I added for crunch. ( just something I like for contrast) I cut the dome out of the inside of the top bun so more meat could be piled on. There is BBQ sauce on it but you can't see that either. Oh well!

So I took a close-up shot and still can't see it. Shoulda' taken one without the bun on. ( My millet bun—gluten free) So, I took a pic of the pulled pork in the slow-cooker. Doesn't have the BBQ sauce on yet, but I did use a little in liquid it was cooked in. I let how much BBQ sauce to be added individually.

I used up the last of my regular fries and sweet potato fried for a mixed blend. Served Xtra crispy. Then added my Fiesta Slaw. ( S.O. thinks I should bottle it to sell; has a secret ingredient.) And a pickle spear.

Had beer with it.
Attached: Pot of Pulled Pork.png (487.7 KB) Pulled Pork Close-upRSF.png (367.7 KB) Pulled Pork RSF.png (463.8 KB) 
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:43 PM 01-24-2017
Thinkin' of chicken piccata for tommorrow night—again.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:44 PM 01-24-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:

You can barely see the pork but there's a lot in that sammich, despite the raw cabbage I added for crunch. ( just something I like for contrast) I cut the dome out of the inside of the top bun so more meat could be piled on. There is BBQ sauce on it but you can't see that either. Oh well!

So I took a close-up shot and still can't see it. Shoulda' taken one without the bun on. ( My millet bun—gluten free) So, I took a pic of the pulled pork in the slow-cooker. Doesn't have the BBQ sauce on yet, but I did use a little in liquid it was cooked in. I let how much BBQ sauce to be added individually.

I used up the last of my regular fries and sweet potato fried for a mixed blend. Served Xtra crispy. Then added my Fiesta Slaw. ( S.O. thinks I should bottle it to sell; has a secret ingredient.) And a pickle spear.

Had beer with it.
Ha! I grew some millet this year! It really does taste like shit compared to wheat (I know, allergies). Would you mind sending me the producers information? I wouldn't mind trying to get hooked up with a mill. Food grade pays better than bird seed.

Looks really good BEP.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:37 AM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Ha! I grew some millet this year! It really does taste like shit compared to wheat (I know, allergies). Would you mind sending me the producers information? I wouldn't mind trying to get hooked up with a mill. Food grade pays better than bird seed.

Looks really good BEP.
Thanks.

Actually, I like millet as one of my favorites of the non-wheat breads. I prefer my bread loaf, over the buns tho. I use the loaves for Thanksgiving stuffing and people love it. I use it in my meatloaf and meatballs. It's hard to tell with all the seasonings, but people love my stuffing. I never tell them it's millet bread. Hah!

I will get the info off the packaging, for you tomorrow as I am hitting the sack and turning off my computer right now.
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:33 AM 01-25-2017
Yo Bep Baby girl lol.. that meat looks amazing.. would love to have that as taco meat.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:36 AM 01-25-2017
Thanks.

Actually, I like millet as one of my favorites of the non-wheat breads. I prefer my bread loaf, over the buns tho. I use the loaves for Thanksgiving stuffing and people love it. I use it in my meatloaf and meatballs. It's hard to tell with all the seasonings, but people love my stuffing. I never tell them it's millet bread. Hah!

I will get the info off the packaging, for you tomorrow as I am hitting the sack and turning off my computer right now.
I should note, the stuff I grow is Proso Millet, but Millet is really nutritious. It's really good as a staple. The best thing about it is it uses the least water per pound of grain to grow (you know, the whole desert thing).

All I'm saying is it doesn't taste very good out of the combine. Wheat (at least the variety we grow the most) has a lot fuller taste and a little sweet. Millet just tastes like bird seed (it is LOL).
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:33 AM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I should note, the stuff I grow is Proso Millet, but Millet is really nutritious. It's really good as a staple. The best thing about it is it uses the least water per pound of grain to grow (you know, the whole desert thing).

All I'm saying is it doesn't taste very good out of the combine. Wheat (at least the variety we grow the most) has a lot fuller taste and a little sweet. Millet just tastes like bird seed (it is LOL).
I mostly use the samdwich loaves. I'll take a picture of my millet loaf when I get a new loaf since I am out. It doesn't taste like bird seed at all when combined with other ingredients, like rice flour. Millet has been a staple of native diets in Africa for a long time, to my knowledge.

I usually buy Udi's Gluten Free buns but they're not that good. Too small too. The best gluten free hamburger bun I ever had was at Red Robin's, great texture and flavor—soft and tender. It's corn and rice blend. For some reason, that those two seem to always make an ideal substitute. Ultimately, your taste buds change over time when you have to adjust to a new diet. Afterall, you don't notice the change much.

It is made by Sami's Bakery which is local. I forgot both the buns and the bread are both, millet and flax. It's mostly millet flour, as it's the first ingredient, but then it has organic brown rice, water, ground flax seeds, sea salt. No yeast which I have to avoid, but can have in limited amounts. No sweetners added either.

There's another brand of millet and flax breads, sold at another natural supermarket but I don't care for it. It breaks up too easily.

Sami's Pita Bakery, Inc.
2399 East Busch Blvd
Tampa, FL 813-989-2722
Toll Free 1-877-989-2722

www.samisbakery.com
[Reply]
scho63 11:47 AM 01-25-2017
I would eat about 4 or 5 of those sandwiches. They look awesome! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 11:49 AM 01-25-2017
Just had this for lunch at the office-ALL of these Birdseye Steamfresh veggies are fantastic! Need a little salt and I added some Sesame Chili Oil to add some heat.

[Reply]
tooge 11:52 AM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Where are the peas? :-)
On another plate with the toast
[Reply]
TimBone 11:55 AM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
Just had this for lunch at the office-ALL of these Birdseye Steamfresh veggies are fantastic! Need a little salt and I added some Sesame Chili Oil to add some heat.

My wife and I use these Birdseye bags a lot to have quick veggies at work. I have no strong opinion one way or the other. I only eat veggies because it's expected as an adult.
[Reply]
Page 410 of 1203
« First < 310360400406407408409410 411412413414420460510910 > Last »
Up