ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 286
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Rausch 06:18 PM 08-13-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
From the Epic Win thread

Uh...no.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:52 PM 08-13-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Damn it man. I still need to see both of the Hobbit movies. It's just hard for me to sit down for 3 hours and watch a movie with my schedule recently. I've heard so many mixed reviews about these movies. Some of my friends say they're amazing. Some say they're kinda shitty. I absolutely LOVED all the LOTR flicks though.

I just re-watched them over the weekend.

I also loved LOTR and was playing Skyrim for a bit so I was seriously jonesing to see something related to the genre. I liked The Hobbit much more than The Desolation of Smaug, to be honest. Both were good though.
[Reply]
Frosty 08:56 PM 08-13-2014
Damn it man. I still need to see both of the Hobbit movies. It's just hard for me to sit down for 3 hours and watch a movie with my schedule recently. I've heard so many mixed reviews about these movies. Some of my friends say they're amazing. Some say they're kinda shitty. I absolutely LOVED all the LOTR flicks though.
I liked both of them and am looking forward to the third. They aren't as epic in scale as LOTR, though.
[Reply]
Fish 10:02 PM 08-13-2014
You absolutely without a doubt should see these movies. If you loved the LOTR movies, you will greatly appreciate these. No question.

FMB had issues with the physics of the movies and gave it a negative rating for what I thought was a great couple films. But watch them for sure and form your own opinion. I thought they were great, and I bet you will too...
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:50 AM 08-14-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
You absolutely without a doubt should see these movies. If you loved the LOTR movies, you will greatly appreciate these. No question.

FMB had issues with the physics of the movies and gave it a negative rating for what I thought was a great couple films. But watch them for sure and form your own opinion. I thought they were great, and I bet you will too...

The physics were just one of the tiny, nitpicky things I didn't enjoy. Overall, I've found them overly effects driven, humor for children complete with fart jokes, full of ridiculous action sequences designed for video games, and generally less engaging than any one of the three LOTR movies. And the above has grown with subsequent viewings. So no, my problem was certainly not just a physics thing.
[Reply]
thabear04 09:30 PM 08-14-2014
Seen Jarhead 2 not bad of a movie.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:43 PM 08-14-2014
Originally Posted by thabear04:
Seen Jarhead 2 not bad of a movie.
Tell me you are dyslexic and there wasn't a sequel to Jarhead.
[Reply]
Buns 11:35 PM 08-14-2014

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:52 AM 08-15-2014
Originally Posted by Virtua Chief:
A Filliam H. Muffman Production!!
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 12:22 PM 08-15-2014
I don't know what it is about just seeing LOTR just annoys me to no end.

I hated that POS film with the power of a 1,000 Suns.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:44 PM 08-15-2014
I fucking loved those movies. It's tough to watch them these days though. You have to designate like a week to get through them all..
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:46 PM 08-15-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I ****ing loved those movies. It's tough to watch them these days though. You have to designate like a week to get through them all..
Shit, that's amateur hour. The last several times my wife and I have watched them we've done 'em all in one day, back-to-back-to-back. You lack dedication.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:16 PM 08-15-2014
Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball!:
Shit, that's amateur hour. The last several times my wife and I have watched them we've done 'em all in one day, back-to-back-to-back. You lack dedication.
Seems like you need an entire day just to watch the conclusion of the last movie.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:22 PM 08-15-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Seems like you need an entire day just to watch the conclusion of the last movie.

Tough to disagree. The end of ROTK drag on and on.
[Reply]
-King- 02:14 PM 08-15-2014
I've probably watched about 2 minutes total of LoTRs. And that was when I was in the waiting room at my mechanic.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 286
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up