Passer rating 110.1
TD / INT 15/5
Completion % 70

Last year he was just as good either way 108/108 PR

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:56 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Not sure why any criticism of Mahomes is met with such pushback. I don’t know what the hell is wrong with him this year, but it’s clear that something is way off. Nobody objectively analyzing the situation can say otherwise. And in fact, I cannot remember a time in the NFL where a guy went from top of the heap to where Mahomes is now. Dropped pass interceptions aside, he’s not as accurate this year, is missing reads, and overall appears a bit off. Is it panic time? Absolutely not. Let’s get him another consistently competent WR and see how things go.
I agree. He is not above critique this year. Although he is going to end up with 30ish TDs and over 4000 yards. I guess this is what happens when expectations are set so high from previous years.
[Reply]
PHOG 12:08 PM 12-07-2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:14 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Not sure why any criticism of Mahomes is met with such pushback. I don’t know what the hell is wrong with him this year, but it’s clear that something is way off. Nobody objectively analyzing the situation can say otherwise. And in fact, I cannot remember a time in the NFL where a guy went from top of the heap to where Mahomes is now. Dropped pass interceptions aside, he’s not as accurate this year, is missing reads, and overall appears a bit off. Is it panic time? Absolutely not. Let’s get him another consistently competent WR and see how things go.
Lots of guys have fallen off in their 2nd or 3rd season as a starter. Of course, none of them got to as high a point as Mahomes has - he won the MVP as a 1st-year starter.

My guess is that he needs to play better AND we need to temper expectations a bit, because he set the bar ridiculously high for himself.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:52 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:

This season is Mahomes' version of Led Zeppelin III.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up