ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Some Things About Last Night's Game Week 13: KC 22 Donks 9
gblowfish 10:38 AM 12-06-2021
Some Things About Last Nights Game Week 13: KC 22 Donks 9

I decided to listen to the NBC guys Al Michaels and Collinsworthless instead of Mitch for this game. Side Note: when you watch Al Michels talk you never see his top row of teeth. I’m not sure he has a top row of teeth. Weird. Anyway, for some reason, the TV and radio broadcasts don’t sync up, and the radio is always about ten seconds ahead of the TV. Collinsworth kept saying, “Oh, it’s so cold…so windy…it’ll be hard to pass the ball tonight.” Cold? Anytime you play a December night game at Arrowhead and it’s above 30 degrees, it is not “Cold.” Windy maybe, but so what? Above freezing in December, at night, at Arrowhead, is a beu-ti-ful day for football. The only weather related thing I saw was it looked like the wind blew Buttkicker’s XPT wide after the Sorensen pick.

The Chiefs defense has been playing historically well since the butt ugly loss at Tennessee. They’re giving up less than 11 points per game. And although the offense has sputtered comparative to what they normally put up, good teams just learn how to win; survive and advance. That’s what’s happening now. Early in the year we had a lot of injuries on defense. Those guys are all back mostly healthy now. Starting Thornhill and trading for Ingram has helped this defense jell. If you look at the stat sheet, many of our players did little or nothing. Frank Clark, Nnadi, Danna did little. Bolton had a quiet night. Okafor and Chris Jones batted down a couple passes, but Denver only gave up one sack. Pressure mostly came on sell out blitzes where Teddy B either threw the ball away or puked up near picks or picks.

On the National Broadcast “meet the defense” segment, Ward calls himself “Money Man.” Well, he let several dollars slip through his fingers last night. Teddy B should have had at least four picks, but only ended up with two. Thornhill’s pick was a terrible throw. The blind side block Hitchens got called on was a shame, but damn, did he lay that guy out or what? That play turned the game momentum.

Speaking of lousy calls, why do we keep getting "Cheffered" by the NFL? That guy is the worst. WTF was that "illegal procedure" call on Mahomes for hard counting in the fourth quarter? He did give Denver a mystery OPI on Albert O, so I suppose it evened out. KC was penalized more than Denver, we had seven for 60 yards.

In the credit where credit is due department, kudos to Dirty Dan and Alfred E. Neimann. Neimann got his hand on the pass from Teddy B, and it fluttered right to Dirty Dan, hit him in between the 4 and 9 and he was gone. I particularly enjoyed the “Bald Mormon Prime Time” dance into the end zone. White guys definitely have no rhythm.

Ward wasn’t the only one with the dropsies. The entire receiving corps had a bad case. Pringle had a couple drops. Kelce had a couple and one that could have been called a fumble. And Mahomes only pick was a ball off of Hill’s hands that popped up right to the Donks’ Surtain. A couple thoughts. I actually agree with Collinsworth that Mahomes sometimes makes the pass a lot more complicated than it needs to be. He doesn’t need to fire a ball at 100 mph sidearm. Just put some touch on the ball and hit the guy. I also think Kelce may be playing hurt. He hasn’t been right since the Buffalo game. I think he may have a shoulder injury that he’s hiding. He was a non factor for most of the game.

Andy has now beaten the Donks twelve times in a row. Does that make up for all the years of Elway pain and anguish? Not yet. We still have to bounce them from the playoffs two or three times to get totally even. Problem is, the Donks aren’t good enough to make the playoffs. So I guess we’ll just enjoy beating them twelve times in a row; and hopefully we’ll have a baker’s dozen before the end of the regular season.

The Faid comes in next Sunday. They got beat in their own house by the Politically Correct Football Team yesterday. They’re beat up pretty good, and hopefully they’ll be without their Tight End Waller. Hopefully we can pay them back for their little bus parade around Arrowhead last year. It’s a big game for nudging ahead in the division. December football is where we find out who’s wearing the big boy pants. And the colder it is, the better!

Game highlights are here:

[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:01 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
This morning on Fescoe they were saying Vic Fangio is the doppleganger of Vic Tayback (from TV Show Mel's Diner.) Weird...
Burn and Kiss my grits Fangio.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:12 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’ve said as much since the year Herm played them (rolled over for them) in the playoffs.
No one will ever convince me that Herm Edwards coached to win that game.

I always felt like Herm conceded the game to Dungy because he thought Dungy had a team that could win the SB, and Dungy winning the SB would be a milestone for black head coaches.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:15 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
No one will ever convince me that Herm Edwards coached to win that game.

I always felt like Herm conceded the game to Dungy because he thought Dungy had a team that could win the SB, and Dungy winning the SB would be a milestone for black head coaches.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. Hermie was quite gifted in the latter.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:19 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence. Hermie was quite gifted in the latter.
If you go back and watch that game, Herm made some coaching decisions that were very questionable. Yeah, Edwards isn't exactly a HOF head coach, but that game was different.

[Reply]
stevieray 10:09 AM 12-08-2021
White guys have no rythym?

Pfffft.

Contrary to popular belief, not all black people have rytthym .

Shit gets old.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:

Pfffft.

Shit gets old.

[Reply]
jettio 10:19 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
If you go back and watch that game, Herm made some coaching decisions that were very questionable. Yeah, Edwards isn't exactly a HOF head coach, but that game was different.

The main thing I remember was that the Chiefs were completely unprepared to play offense in a loud venue. it was pretty clear that they did not devote enough preparation on silent count.

The Chiefs offense sucked so bad that game. I can't believe any Chiefs fans look at that game as one that got away. The Chiefs defense competed, the Chiefs offense never showed up and Tynes missed a field goal that was shorter than an extra point.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:25 AM 12-08-2021
This came up on my Facebook feed. Two years ago, our Super Bowl championship year, we went into New England and beat Tommy Boy and Hoodie. And Mrs. B and I was there with Twisted Chief. What a great weekend!
Attached: mrsbNE.jpg (78.3 KB) 
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:46 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
This came up on my Facebook feed. Two years ago, our Super Bowl championship year, we went into New England and beat Tommy Boy and Hoodie. And Mrs. B and I was there with Twisted Chief. What a great weekend!
Great recap as always, GB, and yes, that was an amazing experience. Walking out of that place in silence was so deeply satisfying.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:55 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:

Pfffft.

Shit gets old.
Buehler445’s white ass perpetuates the stereotype. I’m self aware enough to admit it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:14 AM 12-08-2021
But what happens if you get the blues?
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:07 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
But what happens if you get the blues?

[Reply]
HC_Chief 12:14 PM 12-08-2021
Man, two solid references on the same page of this thread! First Amazon Women on the Moon, then The Jerk. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up