ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell me about Key West
cabletech94 12:31 PM 06-13-2021
Sorry in advance if a Q.

Was there 20 years ago for a few hours. Flying in Next Sunday for a couple days. Gonna scuba, gonna eat some key lime pie, gonna get drunk, and not in that exact order. Tell me some things that the internet hasn’t told me.

Taking the wife for our anniversary. It’ll be nice to go out to the world.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:39 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Get you some Conch fritters. The real shit, not the tourist crap.
Which is 99% of the places people can go to for conch fritters. It’s very hard to find the good ones because there aren’t many.

DJ’s Clam Shack is my go to for conch fritters.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:41 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Wear a fanny pack and get your picture taken next to the marker of the southernmost point of the continental US.
And give the Albert Kee statue a high-five.
[Reply]
bsp4444 01:47 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Get you some Conch fritters. The real shit, not the tourist crap.
My son called them conch critters the first time we took him.
[Reply]
Spott 02:01 PM 06-13-2021
The conch are all imported there. You have to go to a place like Turks and Caicos to get them fresh.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:21 PM 06-13-2021
Key Largo and Islamorada are a better experience IMO.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:23 PM 06-13-2021
You flying into MIA, then making the drive down?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:24 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Key Largo and Islamorada are a better experience IMO.
And is why “locals” avoid KW the plague.
[Reply]
wheeler08 04:13 PM 06-13-2021
Went last year on anniversary for first time. Sat at the hotel beach bar all week with Nick Swardson!
Some of the regulars there told us to go to Prime for dinner. It was amazing. My wife took me to Better Than Sex. It was just ok. Kinda odd a dessert only place.

She also made me go to a drag show. It ended up being a good time. No homo!

Never made it in to Sloppy Joe’s cuz of Covid restrictions back in Feb. No bar really impressed me.

Went charter fishing with the wife for her first time, and we had a blast and caught a ton of different fish!

We stayed at Southern Most Beach Resort. It was nice
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:25 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Wear a fanny pack and get your picture taken next to the marker of the southernmost point of the continental US.
I thought I was the only one who had that idea.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:26 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
And is why “locals” avoid KW the plague.
Lol no.

More like us KW locals avoid Marathon and Key Largo like the plague. The only thing the upper keys are good for is fishing. There’s nothing else to do there.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:42 PM 06-13-2021
Start growing out your Key West Butt Tickler, Bud.
[Reply]
Spott 04:54 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol no.

More like us KW locals avoid Marathon and Key Largo like the plague. The only thing the upper keys are good for is fishing. There’s nothing else to do there.
Marathon is a dump. It’s like the Wal-Mart of the Keys and I avoid that place like the plague.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:56 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
Marathon is a dump. It’s like the Wal-Mart of the Keys and I avoid that place like the plague.
Yea it’s a joke that anybody would suggest that shit hole is better than Key West.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:13 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I thought I was the only one who had that idea.
There's still the Ernest Hemingway house. I don't think anybody has suggested that yet.
[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 05:22 PM 06-13-2021
When my son graduated hoghschool, I booked us a KW trip to do some relaxing before we sent him off to college.

Did some charter fishing, caught a bunch, then took our catch to Dante's in KW and had it all cooked (Some fried, and some blackened). It was excellent.

Followed that up with Jetski rentals from BareFoot Billy's at the Reach. We did the JetSki tour around the island. It was pretty fun.

All in all, it was a pretty fun trip.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up