ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell me about Key West
cabletech94 12:31 PM 06-13-2021
Sorry in advance if a Q.

Was there 20 years ago for a few hours. Flying in Next Sunday for a couple days. Gonna scuba, gonna eat some key lime pie, gonna get drunk, and not in that exact order. Tell me some things that the internet hasn’t told me.

Taking the wife for our anniversary. It’ll be nice to go out to the world.
[Reply]
digger 12:35 PM 06-13-2021
Enjoy man...
[Reply]
staylor26 12:37 PM 06-13-2021
Born and raised, and still live here, so AMA.

Mattheessens has the best key lime pie IMO.

Good breakfast/brunch spots:

Blue Heaven, Firefly, Harpoon Harry’s

Lunch:

DJ’s Clam Shack, Mr. Z’s, Garbo’s Grill.

Dinner:

Santiago’s, Prime, Nine One Five
[Reply]
bsp4444 12:41 PM 06-13-2021
I’ll be there in a week and a half. Kayaking the mangroves is cool.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:44 PM 06-13-2021
Also, if you’re going to the beach, go to Fort Zachary Taylor.

It costs a few dollars per person, but it’s worth it. Easily the best beach on the island.
[Reply]
Donger 12:46 PM 06-13-2021
Prison Bitch likes it a lot.
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:00 PM 06-13-2021
Hit up my ex wife at Sloppy Joe’s
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:04 PM 06-13-2021
Watch your anus (unless you're in to that sort of thing, then you'll have a great time).

Seriously though, whenever I go, I'm on island time. Everything slows down and I forget about the real world while I'm there. We stay on Sugarloaf key and drive to key west for the shopping and nightlife.
[Reply]
Spott 01:20 PM 06-13-2021
Was there last week. All kinds of stuff to do there. The kayaking tours are very good. I used Lazy Dog and Key West Eco tours the last couple of times I went and both were great. Lazy Dog was a little closer to Key West but the other one seemed it went through more on the tour. I also did a half day snorkeling trip with a company called Honest Eco tours and they were very good. Definitely plenty of options for water sports there. The beaches were so full of seaweed and moss that they were unusable. I assume it’s seasonal but the coast was stacked full of it. If you like coffee, Cuban Coffee queen is amazing, especially if you like your coffee stronger. Zachary Taylor park is definitely cool, too. Hopefully the beaches are cleared up by the time you get there.

If you are doing an anniversary, there’s a cool couple’s spot called Better Than Sex which has a lot of unique desserts, coffee and alcoholic drinks. You’ll need to make reservations ahead of time on their website, but I would definitely check that out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:30 PM 06-13-2021
Wear a fanny pack and get your picture taken next to the marker of the southernmost point of the continental US.
[Reply]
cabletech94 01:32 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Wear a fanny pack and get your picture taken next to the marker of the southernmost point of the continental US.
I’ve got the chiefs “run it back” Fanny pack!!! :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:33 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Watch your anus (unless you're in to that sort of thing, then you'll have a great time).

Seriously though, whenever I go, I'm on island time. Everything slows down and I forget about the real world while I'm there. We stay on Sugarloaf key and drive to key west for the shopping and nightlife.
Oh no way? I hear billay has a place on Ramrod Key
[Reply]
staylor26 01:33 PM 06-13-2021
:-)

This guy knows your stereotypical KW tourist!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:34 PM 06-13-2021
:-) I didn't have one, but my wife did when we took our pic there
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:37 PM 06-13-2021
Get you some Conch fritters. The real shit, not the tourist crap.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up