Nzoner's Game Room>Michael Jordan's Flu Game
Tribal Warfare 10:45 AM 06-11-2021

24 years ago today, Michael Jordan gave us the "Flu Game."

Stuart Scott's highlight will always be 💯 pic.twitter.com/ZP2tYdjKNP

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) June 11, 2021

[Reply]
BWillie 09:16 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Michael Jordan is to Tom Brady as LeBron James is to Patrick Mahomes.
Even you can't believe that. Jordan is a great athlete, huge college star with tons of Talent. Tom Brady is slow has an avg arm, and was a 6th round draft pick.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:49 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Please list for us all the prime stars that wanted to join Jordan in Chicago the first 8 years of his career?

I’ll wait . . . . . . . . . . .
Chicago and Cleveland are not remotely the same attractiveness in terms of playing.

To answer your question-none on the level of Bosh or Wade.

Recognizing both as the best of their eras doesn’t mean you have to bash the other.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:52 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I watched every single game the Bulls played the Jazz in the finals in back to back playoff seasons. That Jazz team was historically great. Not just because of Stockton and Malone but they had great players surrounding them like Hornacek, Russell, Ostertag and were so well coached. That Jazz team could beat the Warriors team with KD and that's not an exageration.
Jordan won both series almost singlehandedly. I can never see LeBron beat those Jazz teams. I just can't.
Scottie Pippen wasn’t a slouch but Jordan did have an amazing ability to elevate his play and take over games when he had to. Another reason that lifetime stats don’t tell the whole story.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:07 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Recognizing both as the best of their eras doesn’t mean you have to bash the other.
This. They are best two to ever play basketball, great to say I watched both.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:03 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Correct answer.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:22 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Agreed. And Tom Brady is still overrated trash.
[Reply]
eDave 02:24 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Throw a no hitter on acid or fuck off. Jordan. LOL Lebron is so much better. Was from the start.
It's a dumb joke, guys. Everyone knows Jordan is way, way better than Lebron. The no hitter on acid is still the greater thing.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:17 AM 06-15-2021
Defense is completely different in the NBA of LeBron and the rules that opened the game up in 2001-2002 than it was for Jordan and his predecessors. The muggers like Allen, Lambeer, Rodman, etc became a relative thing of the past.

In any event, Jordan will remain the best pure player I've ever seen on both ends of the court and from a leadership perspective. Jordan is a guy that would elevate his teammates' games and push them to be their best. LeBron is right there statistically, but he's not the same leader. I'd probably elevate Kobe above LeBron because of that trait as well.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:09 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Defense is completely different in the NBA of LeBron and the rules that opened the game up in 2001-2002 than it was for Jordan and his predecessors. The muggers like Allen, Lambeer, Rodman, etc became a relative thing of the past.

In any event, Jordan will remain the best pure player I've ever seen on both ends of the court and from a leadership perspective. Jordan is a guy that would elevate his teammates' games and push them to be their best. LeBron is right there statistically, but he's not the same leader. I'd probably elevate Kobe above LeBron because of that trait as well.
Some people get carried away with numbers but with no hand checking, no rim protectors and running these spread fast break offenses Jordan would have had several seasons averaging 45 ppg if he played today.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:33 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Some people get carried away with numbers but with no hand checking, no rim protectors and running these spread fast break offenses Jordan would have had several seasons averaging 45 ppg if he played today.
Yep. Jordan has the best scoring average of all-time which is absolutely mind-boggling considering he played in a lower scoring era
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:37 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
He still averaged more than Lebron, and that's including 2 throwaway years with the Wizards.

Jordan's offensive stats are unbelievable considering the lower scoring era he played in
Yeah..his numbers would be unwordly in today's NBA. It's not as much the players that change and it is the systems and rules that favor offense. The NFL basically wants Arena football with their rules and for years the MLB inflated HRs by jacking with the baseball.

As you can see something happened around 1998 to cause ratings to tank (but it's do to muh streaming!) so the NBA answer was make it easier to play offense.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_...vision_ratings
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:17 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:

Agree completely. Kobe is the closest player to come close to Jordan in the modern era. Him and LeBron use to play 1 on 1 all the time. Kobe won most of those games.

Jordan is number 1 and it's not even close. Everyone else is just playing for second. For the people trying to compare stats in different eras.

Is Philip Rivers a better quarterback than Dan Marino? When you answer that question. You will realize how much your stat argument is flawed.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:27 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Agree completely. Kobe is the closest player to come close to Jordan in the modern era. Him and LeBron use to play 1 on 1 all the time. Kobe won most of those games.

Jordan is number 1 and it's not even close. Everyone else is just playing for second. For the people trying to compare stats in different eras.

Is Philip Rivers a better quarterback than Dan Marino? When you answer that question. You will realize how much your stat argument is flawed.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:30 AM 06-15-2021

That time when Jasmine Jordan, Michael Jordan's daughter, googled her dad at age 11 to see just how big of a deal her pops was. pic.twitter.com/1kOAVJ1FlH

— The Undefeated (@TheUndefeated) May 17, 2020

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:21 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:

Kobe "Derek Jeter" Bryant name should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Michael Jordan or LeBron James.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up