Nzoner's Game Room>Michael Jordan's Flu Game
Tribal Warfare 10:45 AM 06-11-2021

24 years ago today, Michael Jordan gave us the "Flu Game."

Stuart Scott's highlight will always be 💯 pic.twitter.com/ZP2tYdjKNP

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) June 11, 2021

[Reply]
Spott 07:45 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I remember watching the game live and I vaguely thought he blamed his problem on a bad slice of pizza from a sidewalk vendor. Were they really calling it a flu at the time.

Too lazy to search, but would someone as competitive as MJ really be that hungover for such an important playoff game?
Considering that this was a night game that started at 9:00pm, that would have had to be one hell of a hangover.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:56 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Except no prime stars wanted to join him in Cleveland, which is why he left the first time.
Please list for us all the prime stars that wanted to join Jordan in Chicago the first 8 years of his career?

I’ll wait . . . . . . . . . . .
[Reply]
Chieftain 08:00 PM 06-13-2021
I watched every single game the Bulls played the Jazz in the finals in back to back playoff seasons. That Jazz team was historically great. Not just because of Stockton and Malone but they had great players surrounding them like Hornacek, Russell, Ostertag and were so well coached. That Jazz team could beat the Warriors team with KD and that's not an exageration.
Jordan won both series almost singlehandedly. I can never see LeBron beat those Jazz teams. I just can't.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:00 PM 06-13-2021
TBT, you took way more time to shut down all his bs talking points then I do. It's just not worth debating and with so many more people putting Jordan ahead of LBJ public opinion will not change until people in my generation that watched both are dead and gone. KCC I'd Ahab chasing that white whale at all cost.
[Reply]
eDave 09:06 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
TBT, you took way more time to shut down all his bs talking points then I do. It's just not worth debating and with so many more people putting Jordan ahead of LBJ public opinion will not change until people in my generation that watched both are dead and gone. KCC I'd Ahab chasing that white whale at all cost.
I find it much easier to just not give a shit.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:12 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Public opinion also thought Derek Jeter was better than Alex Rodriguez and continues to think Tom Brady was the best QB ever to play football.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:15 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Public opinion also thought Derek Jeter was better than Alex Rodriguez and continues to think Tom Brady was the best QB ever to play football.
1. For now, Tom Brady is the best QB to ever play football, even if he’s a bit overrated and given too much credit for his last 2 SB’s.

2. It’s not just public opinion. It’s also the media along with former and current players/coaches.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:15 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I watched every single game the Bulls played the Jazz in the finals in back to back playoff seasons. That Jazz team was historically great. Not just because of Stockton and Malone but they had great players surrounding them like Hornacek, Russell, Ostertag and were so well coached. That Jazz team could beat the Warriors team with KD and that's not an exageration.
Jordan won both series almost singlehandedly. I can never see LeBron beat those Jazz teams. I just can't.
The mid 90s Jazz are now somehow better than a 73 win team that added a top 10 player in history to it in this warped reality.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:19 PM 06-13-2021
https://stathead.com/tiny/V4hH2

I wonder where Utah is on this list.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:22 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
1. For now, Tom Brady is the best QB to ever play football, even if he’s a bit overrated and given too much credit for his last 2 SB’s.
A guy who was worse than Peyton Manning for the 1st half of his career and worse than Aaron Rodgers for the 2nd half of his career is not the best of all time at anything other than being overrated.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:25 PM 06-13-2021
A guy who was worse than Peyton Manning for the 1st half of his career and worse than Aaron Rodgers for the 2nd half of his career is not the best of all time at anything other than being overrated.
It’s hilarious that you value stats over winning.

I hate Brady, and do think he’s overrated, but he’s the GOAT for now. To argue otherwise is just ignorant.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:45 PM 06-13-2021
The mid 90s Jazz are now somehow better than a 73 win team that added a top 10 player in history to it in this warped reality.
[Ignores the fact that the Cavs lost 3 out of 4 times to this team in the Finals and the only series won was due to a key injury for said Warriors that allowed Cavs comeback and the ‘greatest championship ever’ :-)]
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:18 AM 06-14-2021
I'm under the belief that Jordan was hungover.

Which IMO is more impressive.
[Reply]
eDave 03:05 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I'm under the belief that Jordan was hungover.

Which IMO is more impressive.
Throw a no hitter on acid or fuck off. Jordan. LOL Lebron is so much better. Was from the start.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:52 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
That really was a damn good Jazz team. Even back then I felt they were probably gonna beat the Bulls. If MJ didn't get that strip of Malone and then the game winning jumper in game 6 in Salt Lake, the Jazz damn well may have won that series.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up