Nzoner's Game Room>Michael Jordan's Flu Game
Tribal Warfare 10:45 AM 06-11-2021

24 years ago today, Michael Jordan gave us the "Flu Game."

Stuart Scott's highlight will always be 💯 pic.twitter.com/ZP2tYdjKNP

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) June 11, 2021

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:27 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
This is so ridiculously wrong it has to be pointed out. Until his injury 2 years ago at the age of 34 after playing 16 years of basketball at the highest level anybody has ever seen, he was probably the most durable player in NBA history. There’s a reason he’s shattered (or is on the way to shattering) nearly every counting stat in the book and it’s not because he “gets injured all the time.”
How often were Malone, Stockton, or Jordan injured at 34? Yeah Lebron was durable until recently. Not anymore.

Once again, he was nowhere near the most durable in NBA history. Unless NBA history for you is the last 15 years. Hence my post above about Stockton's amazing durability.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:33 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
1) he didn’t have the flu. He was hungover snd possibly had food poisoning.

2) he’s the best athlete/competitor I’ve seen. That includes Mahomes, but Pat has time to catch/pass him.
Patrick will never be known as universally better than Brady until he beats him in a playoff game.

That has to happen or it won’t matter
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:08 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
John Stockton was more durable. Don't post false facts. Stockton only missed around 30 games in his career. Mostly in one season. He had 17 seasons where he didn't miss a single game. Keep in mind when you research the stats that 1999 was a shortened season. He played every game between the age of 36 to 41.

Malone was also more durable then Lebron.
Nobody is contesting Stockton or Malone's durability here, though. Saying a guy is injury prone when he's played as many games as LeBron has over 18 years is just plain wrong. Accounting for the playoff games, he has played the most games of anybody in history over a 18 year period.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:10 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
How often were Malone, Stockton, or Jordan injured at 34?
Well MJ retired at the age of 34 and didn't actually play any of his age 35 through age 37 years (where LeBron has finally suffered a few injuries) so we'll never know. MJ then injured his knee in his 1st year back at age 38 and missed about a quarter of the season.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:13 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Patrick will never be known as universally better than Brady until he beats him in a playoff game.

That has to happen or it won’t matter

"Winning 7 rings isn't luck!!!"

14 top 10 defenses
season ending fumble overturned
season ending INT overturned
season ending INT turn into a 23 yard catch
teammate make a SB winning INT on the 1 yard line
multiple SB wins scoring 13 points
multiple CCG wins with 3 INT's

LUCK

— Barry McCockiner (@UltraWeedHater) June 11, 2021

[Reply]
Spott 02:14 PM 06-12-2021
Maybe there’s an NBA playoff thread somewhere so Lebron ballwashers could discuss his current team’s chances in the finals.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:16 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
We’ve never seen a player as durable as LeBron James. The man has played 1,301 of a possible 1,404 regular season games across his career.

Those would be impressive stats even without taking into account the unbelievable strain put on LeBron’s body across 18 seasons of carrying his various teams offensively, defensively and emotionally.

And that’s to say nothing of his 38.3 minute career average, his 260 playoff games (without ever missing one), and all the drastically shortened offseasons that came with playing in 10 Finals, three Olympics and one World Cup.

Other than a groin injury which caused him to miss 17 games in 2018-19, James has never suffered a significant injury. And to top it off, he has retained an incredible amount of his athletic ability for someone who is 36 years old.

His 49,796 career minutes rank him seventh all-time and he’s just 316 minutes away from jumping into fifth place. Then he will be behind only Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, Karl Malone and Kareem Adbdul Jabbar.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/basketba...rability%3famp

I would probably stop posting in threads that you don’t have a clue about.
JFC. Stay out of these threads.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:21 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
JFC. Stay out of these threads.
Cry more. The thread has basically consisted of a bunch of idiots just trashing LeBron with no real facts whatsoever.
[Reply]
Holladay 03:15 PM 06-12-2021
I don't know. I had the flu once. I thought as I walked up the stairs, this is what it is going to feel like when I am 80 yro.

If, indeed, he did have the flu, it must have been VERY minor or as others have suggested, food poisoning (if that was the case, why not just come out and say that) or extreme hung over (wouldn't want to say THAT).

There was probably good acting for any of the above.

Just not the flu.

Hopefully we are back on track with the OP, not pissing contests about who is better.

An aside:

Baseball GOAT:

Babe Ruth, CF Willie Mays, LF Barry Bonds, RF Hank Aaron, CF Ty Cobb, LF Ted Williams, Cal Ripken

Babe was the best, most home runs...oops not, ah all the others 'roided up.

Mays: most RBI's, but had a corked bat

Bonds: most home runs, but 'roided.

Aaron: most stolen bases, but cheated because he had wings on his shoes.

Cobb: caught the most fly balls, but he used 2 gloves and he was a dick.

Williams: ran to first base the most, but he voodoo'd the first base man to flinch.

Ripken: Iron man and didn't miss a game, was just an average player.

You can make a point that each one was the GOAT with what ever stat you want. Comparing between generations is pointless. There can be a case made for Big Ben and Tommy boy.

How can you compare Johnny Unitas and Payton?

But I digress and see how addictive it is to get roped into a pissing contest and I don't even have a dog in this fight. I have only seen on NBA game (MJ' last one) that was not what this thread was about.

I want to see Tommy play with the flu:-)
[Reply]
JimNasium 03:38 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Hangover and cigar game? Food poisoning had to be a cover up.
Fake flus?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:52 PM 06-12-2021
And KCC brings his Lebron shit into another thread with nothing to do with LBJ.Might as well let Donger and Pete back into the Covid thread, Hootie start a betting thread, have some Alex Smith debates, and let KC Native post his dick pics all over while we are are at it.
[Reply]
eDave 05:04 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Most iconic performance ever. Schilling's bloody sock game is right behind it.
The sock was bull crap.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:05 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
The sock was bull crap.
You can tell a lot about a man by his sock.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:01 PM 06-12-2021
Michael Jordan was the Patrick Mahomes of basketball.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:08 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Michael Jordan was the Patrick Mahomes of basketball.
Michael Jordan is to Tom Brady as LeBron James is to Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up