0 winning seasons
0 playoff series wins
1-9 playoff record
2 missed playoffs

Disgusting pic.twitter.com/eG4Jj454AO

— Barry McCockiner (@UltraWeedHater) June 10, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 11:15 PM 06-11-2021
Yea including 2002 and 2003 isn’t at all disingenuous :-)

MJ needed Pippen to help him win 6, but Lebron obviously didn’t need Wade, Bosh, Allen, Kyrie, or AD to win 4.

Lebron the last 2 years without AD:

2019: No playoffs
2021: 1st round exit
[Reply]
staylor26 11:20 PM 06-11-2021
Lebron wasted a NBA Finals MVP performance from Wade in 2011. He wasn’t even the best player on his own team in a series where his team was definitely better on paper, and he still couldn’t get it done. All he needed to do was be a 1B.

Him and Wade even mocked Dirk only to get beat in the end by him. This was after The Decision and “not 1, not 2, not 3…”.

2011 will always be the time he lost the debate forever for the majority. Just a brutal blow to his legacy when comparing him to the ultimate competitor and closer.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:27 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

MJ needed Pippen to help him win 6, but Lebron obviously didn’t need Wade, Bosh, Allen, Kyrie, or AD to win 4.

So what you’re saying is even elite players need another great player or players around them to win trophy’s?? And that Lebron is no ‘exception to the rule’, as some might like to infer . . . . . .

This is unbelievable ground breaking news!

I can’t believe that you’re the first person to stumble upon this!!

Kudos to you, my friend, for a job well done!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:03 AM 06-12-2021
Lebron wasted a NBA Finals MVP performance from Wade in 2011. He wasn’t even the best player on his own team in a series where his team was definitely better on paper, and he still couldn’t get it done. All he needed to do was be a 1B.

Him and Wade even mocked Dirk only to get beat in the end by him. This was after The Decision and “not 1, not 2, not 3…”.

2011 will always be the time he lost the debate forever for the majority. Just a brutal blow to his legacy when comparing him to the ultimate competitor and closer.
This. So much this.

50 years from now the GOAT conversation will go something like this:

MJ backer: ‘Air Jordan, greatest of All Time!’

LBJ backer: ‘No man, Lebron. Come on, brah. He is the all time leader in like every meaningful statistical category’ [which he may be since he is committed to playing forever to cement his legacy]

MJ backer: ‘What about PPG?’

LBJ backer: ‘well, not counting that one’

MJ backer: ‘What about the fact that Jordan did everything he did in only 14 full NBA seasons while Lebron played like 20?’

LBJ backer: ‘That’s because Bron was more durable and held up better over the long haul’

MJ backer: ‘You know Lebron only played one full 82 game season his entire career, right? And MJ played a full 82 game season 10 times out of his 14 full seasons in the league. AND that he walked away from basketball for basically 2 years to pursue a side hobby cause he was so bored with dominating everyone else in basketball?’

LBJ backer: ‘No man, that was because of his dad dying . . . . and he only did that because he wasn’t as committed as LBJ man. MJ quit on his team.’

MJ backer: ‘You mean like Lebron did at the end of 2 of his first 3 years with the LakeShow?’

LBJ backer: ‘No, man. He was injured. That was different.’

MJ backer: ‘But I thought you just said he was more durable than MJ a little while ago?’

LBJ backer: ‘Stop it, man. You’re confusing me with your circular logic and stuff. I don’t care what you say, man. Lebron was the greatest and the numbers prove it out’

MJ backer: ‘Which numbers? You mean like 6-0 in the NBA Finals?’

LBJ backer: ‘That’s nothing. Lebron went to 10 NBA Finals. I mean, yeah he lost 6 of those, but that wasn’t his fault. He didn’t have good enough players around him. And Jordan had Pippen man. Dude was a HOFer’

MJ backer: ‘That’s true. But didn’t LBJ win his only titles playing with Dwayne Wade, Kyrie Irving, and Anthony Davis? Those were pretty damn good players in their own right. A couple HOFer’s in there’

LBJ backer: ‘Yeah, but Jordan played on super teams in his two three peats’

MJ backer: (blank stare)

LBJ backer: ‘I’m over this man. I don’t care what you think or say. LBJ is, was and will ALWAYS be THE greatest!’

MJ backer: (Brief pause) . . . . . . ‘So explain to me 2011? . . . .’

LBJ backer: . . . . . . . *crickets* . . . . . . . . *still crickets* . . . . . . ‘Go fuck yourself’ [Ends conversation and walks out door]
[Reply]
lcarus 12:33 AM 06-12-2021

Lebron has 1 impressive championship. It's a damn impressive championship. Coming back to beat that Golden State team and giving the Cavaliers a title was one of the best championships in NBA history.

Lebron should've stayed with Cleveland. If he stayed there and won a fist full of rings, his legacy would look so much better to me.
[Reply]
notorious 05:37 AM 06-12-2021
This is a MJ thread. Get that mother fucking shit the fuck out of here.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:20 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
This is a MJ thread. Get that mother fucking shit the fuck out of here.
You can thank KCC for that (as usual)

But you’re right. No reason to devote any more time talking about an inferior player in an MJ thread.

My bad.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:52 AM 06-12-2021
Most iconic performance ever. Schilling's bloody sock game is right behind it.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:47 AM 06-12-2021
I think the dumbest argument in sports is losing in the championship game is worse than losing in rounds before that. Royals losing in 2014 and the Chiefs losing last year were way better fucking seasons than if they lost early in the playoffs.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:01 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I think the dumbest argument in sports is losing in the championship game is worse than losing in rounds before that. Royals losing in 2014 and the Chiefs losing last year were way better fucking seasons than if they lost early in the playoffs.
And this is a strawman that people, especially Lebron stans, go to.

Nobody has ever said that.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:26 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I think the dumbest argument in sports is losing in the championship game is worse than losing in rounds before that. Royals losing in 2014 and the Chiefs losing last year were way better ****ing seasons than if they lost early in the playoffs.
How does this pertain to the Flu game?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:53 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
back when the NBA mattered.....
Back when the defenses were tougher.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:11 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Back when the defenses were tougher.

Flu game relevance? Or relevance to quoted post even?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:24 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
We’ve never seen a player as durable as LeBron James. The man has played 1,301 of a possible 1,404 regular season games across his career.

Those would be impressive stats even without taking into account the unbelievable strain put on LeBron’s body across 18 seasons of carrying his various teams offensively, defensively and emotionally.

And that’s to say nothing of his 38.3 minute career average, his 260 playoff games (without ever missing one), and all the drastically shortened offseasons that came with playing in 10 Finals, three Olympics and one World Cup.

Other than a groin injury which caused him to miss 17 games in 2018-19, James has never suffered a significant injury. And to top it off, he has retained an incredible amount of his athletic ability for someone who is 36 years old.

His 49,796 career minutes rank him seventh all-time and he’s just 316 minutes away from jumping into fifth place. Then he will be behind only Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, Karl Malone and Kareem Adbdul Jabbar.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/basketba...rability%3famp

I would probably stop posting in threads that you don’t have a clue about.
John Stockton was more durable. Don't post false facts. Stockton only missed around 30 games in his career. Mostly in one season. He had 17 seasons where he didn't miss a single game. Keep in mind when you research the stats that 1999 was a shortened season. He played every game between the age of 36 to 41.

Malone was also more durable then Lebron.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up