ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>J. Gilbert's Is It any good?
philfree 09:03 PM 06-03-2021
Is it?
[Reply]
sedated 02:50 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
WTF they are all gone? I loved Plaza III
Damn, I thought it moved to OP but apparently that location closed permanently.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:51 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Jackstack: best sides in KC. Hardly the best BBQ in KC.
When I visit family in KC, I swing by Jackstacks and get a quart of their beans to go and then go someplace else for ribs or brisket.
[Reply]
srvy 03:31 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Save your money and go to Majestic.
This! Not worth the drive into Kansas, Majestic is the truth.
[Reply]
srvy 03:36 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
When I visit family in KC, I swing by Jackstacks and get a quart of their beans to go and then go someplace else for ribs or brisket.
Yeah and never ever get their fake burnt ends. Well unless your some freak who loves the Heimlich performed on you.
[Reply]
srvy 03:42 PM 06-04-2021
I still morn the loss of Jimmy and Mary’s Steakhouse when it closed in the 90's. One of the great KC steakhouses.
[Reply]
burt 04:37 PM 06-04-2021
Man....lot of Jack Stack hate here! I still enjoy it. But I enjoy most BBQ....just some more than others.

I've seen Harps in Raytowna Beach getting some love online...I gotta give it a go when I can.
[Reply]
scho63 04:55 PM 06-04-2021
I ate at the one in McLean VA numerous times and always an excellent meal.
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:58 PM 06-04-2021
I went about 10 years ago on a business dinner and it was fucking fabulous. One of the best steaks I'd ever had. Great atmosphere too. It was a great drunken fun night.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:15 PM 06-04-2021
Smokehouse beans are the truth. Better than JS but only in the northland. I like JS beef ribs last time I was there.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:34 PM 06-04-2021
For pit beans hit up McGonigal's it's worth the drive
[Reply]
philfree 09:26 PM 06-04-2021
The wife insisted on Jack Stack. I had some Burnt End Stew and a Smokin' Russ with a couple ribs added on. Also had some Jalapeno Cornbread as an app. It was all good but I prefer a little sweeter sauce then theirs. I'm still stuffed hours later. Maybe on the way back through we'll try J. Jay Gilbert's.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:09 PM 06-04-2021
Smokehouse just opened on SM Parkway I want to try it also has anyone had Big Ts? Want to try that as well
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:15 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Mowing their lawns 5 times a week and eating dinner at 630pm. Nothing white people love to do more than that.
We ate at 530 tonight. :-)

Town Center Plaza was lit!
[Reply]
Fish 11:39 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
Man....lot of Jack Stack hate here! I still enjoy it. But I enjoy most BBQ....just some more than others.

I've seen Harps in Raytowna Beach getting some love online...I gotta give it a go when I can.
Not really hate. Jack Stack just focuses on the dining experience over BBQ quality. Their meats are just OK compared to dozens of other BBQ places in the metro. Their sides are really incredible. They deserve credit for that. But they're more about the sit-down restaurant experience. Tourist BBQ.
[Reply]
burt 07:51 AM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Not really hate. Jack Stack just focuses on the dining experience over BBQ quality. Their meats are just OK compared to dozens of other BBQ places in the metro. Their sides are really incredible. They deserve credit for that. But they're more about the sit-down restaurant experience. Tourist BBQ.
HEY!!! You callin' me a tourist???:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up