ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>J. Gilbert's Is It any good?
philfree 09:03 PM 06-03-2021
Is it?
[Reply]
wazu 10:21 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
The wife and I traveling through and staying the night on are way to pick up our grandsons so they can spend the summer with us. Some one told her it was a good place. I doubt I'll be able to drive past Jack Stack though but I was curious. Are the restaurants fully open now or are they still covidided?
COVID stuff is over in KC. Might see a few masks but won’t need one yourself.
[Reply]
SPchief 10:37 PM 06-03-2021
Get the blue cheese chips as an app. Steaks are always on point. Seafood is great. Don't skip the chocolate cake
[Reply]
oldman 10:59 PM 06-03-2021
It's one of our favorites for steak, but with us just coming out the the COVID mess I don't know how good it is today. FTR, there's probably 10 places for BBQ better than Jack Stacks. Overpriced and overrated. The only thing it has going for it is that it's in nicer locations than most of the good stuff.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:03 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
Is it?
yes
[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:26 AM 06-04-2021
It was outstanding last time I was there (probably 3 or 4 years ago).
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:41 AM 06-04-2021
Went a month ago. Good as it always has been.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 AM 06-04-2021
Save your money and go to Majestic.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:52 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Save your money and go to Majestic.
I don't recall what JGs costs, but I don't think that's gonna save any $$$.

Edit: Ha. Unless you mean "make sure and save up before you go to Majestic".
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:00 AM 06-04-2021
yeah it's pretty good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I don't recall what JGs costs, but I don't think that's gonna save any $$$.

Edit: Ha. Unless you mean "make sure and save up before you go to Majestic".
Save your money FOR majestic and get something wicked awesome like a 30-day dry aged prime rib eye.

Best steakhouse dinner I've ever had.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:20 AM 06-04-2021
Save your money FOR majestic and get something wicked awesome like a 30-day dry aged prime rib eye.

[Reply]
Hoover 09:20 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
It's one of our favorites for steak, but with us just coming out the the COVID mess I don't know how good it is today. FTR, there's probably 10 places for BBQ better than Jack Stacks. Overpriced and overrated. The only thing it has going for it is that it's in nicer locations than most of the good stuff.
Ding. Ding. Ding
[Reply]
BWillie 10:08 AM 06-04-2021

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like dry aged steak (although I've never had dry aged prime rib).

I've tried it 4 different times. I just don't get it. Wet aged is waaay better but dry aged is oh so fancy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:11 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like dry aged steak (although I've never had dry aged prime rib).

I've tried it 4 different times. I just don't get it. Wet aged is waaay better but dry aged is oh so fancy.
First time I've had it - it wasn't prime rib, it was some kind of cut I've never had anywhere else, they called it a prime rib eye.

Everything there is fucking amazing. I'm going to propose to my wife there.
[Reply]
Pants 10:21 AM 06-04-2021
Crazy how tastes vary. I've been to Majestic probably 4 times and I'm always coming away unimpressed. Again, I would chose J Gilbert's over Majestic 10/10 times.

The basement is nice with the music, but the food itself just doesn't do it for me.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up