ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (5/4)
Direckshun 01:29 PM 05-04-2021
Let's do this thing.

Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs lose Super Bowl LVI to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained. The salary cap jumps $35m.

2. OC Eric Bienemy is hired by your mom's favorite team to become a HC.

3. The Chiefs franchise: OT Orlando Brown.

4. The Chiefs cut: OG Laurent Duvarney-Tardif, ILB Anthony Hitchens.

5. The Chiefs extended: WR Tyreek Hill for 4 years, $80m ($52 guaranteed), S Tyrann Mathieu for 3 years, $52m ($30m guaranteeed)

6. The Chiefs tender: WR Jody Fortson, OT Prince Tega Wanogho, DE Tim Ward, LB Emmanuel Smith, LB Omari Cobb

7. The Chiefs re-sign: DT Jarran Reed 2 years, $20m ($8m guaranteed), DT Derrick Nnadi 2 years, $9m ($1m guaranteed)

8. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: QB Chad Henne, RB Damien Williams, WR Marcus Kemp, LB Ben Niemann, LB Darius Harris, WR Byron Pringle, OT Mike Remmers, OG Andrew Wylie, C Austin Blythe, LS James Winchester

9. The Chiefs let walk: RB Jerick McKinnon, FB Michael Burton, OT Martinas Rankin, OG Kyle Long, WR Demarcus Robinson, TE Blake Bell, TE Nick Keizer, DE Taco Charlton, OLB Dorian O'Daniel, CB Charvarius Ward, S Dan Sorensen, S Armani Watts.

10. The Chiefs sign DE Emmanuel Ogbah to 2 years, $22m ($10m guaranteed), CB Malcolm Butler (Cardinals) to 2 years, $22m ($12m guaranteed).

11. The Chiefs are picking 31st.

The draft:

1. WR Jahan Dotson, Penn State
2. DE Zach Harrison, Ohio State
3. CB Altonae Taylor, Tennessee
3 (Bienemy). S Donovan Stiner, Florida
4. RB Max Borghi, Washington State
6. S Yusuf Corker, Kentucky
6. OG/C Brett Heggie, Florida
7. LB K'Vaughan Pope, Ohio State

the roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne
RB: Edwards-Helaire, Williams, Borghi, Thompson
FB: some guy

WR: Hill, Dotson, Hardman, Pringle, Powell, Fortson, Kemp
TE: Kelce, Gray

LT: Brown, Remmers
LG: Thuney, Allegretti
C: Humphrey, Blythe, Heggie
RG: Smith, Wylie, Heggie
RT: Niang, Remmers, Wanogho

DE: Clark, Kaindoh, Ward
DT: Jones, Wharton
DT: Nnadi, Reed, Saunders
DE: Ogbah, Harrison, Danna

OLB: Gay, Cobb
ILB: Bolton, Niemann, Pope
OLB: Harris, Smith, Pope

CB: Sneed, Butler, Taylor, Fenton, Keyes
S: Mathieu, Thornhill, Stiner, Corker

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:14 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Some of you guys, man. I've been trying real hard to be positive.

But I think some of you guys are completely delusional.

Do you really not see how drastically better this team is than three months ago?

Do you really not get how talented and deep that offensive line is now?

We're DRAMATICALLY better. Maybe HISTORICALLY so.
They are battered Chief fans- they secretly wish for the Chiefs to lose so they can wallow in their own self-pity and get attention for it.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:15 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What kind of flaming bundle of sticks Chiefs fan is picking the Bucs to beat the Chiefs in the SB again after what Veach just did with the OL?

You’re honestly the worst.
:-)
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:17 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I hate to be that guy, but a huge, huge element of that game was early, questionable, drive-sustaining penalties exclusively called against the Chiefs.

These penalties both served as momentum killers for us and boosters for them, and also led to an early hole for us and lead for them.

Their early lead then led to us becoming even more one-dimensional (both due to poor play calling and necessity) as the game went on, which only served to exacerbate their strength and our weakness - their DLine vs our OLine.

I really think that if that same game is played 10 times - not as a series but rather in different timelines in the same exact scenario - we win it 7/10 times.

With standard officiating, their drives end when they are supposed to, the score stays close, Mahomes does his thing, we stay multi-dimensional, its a close finish.
I think this is a fair interpretation, but that was probably a Top 3 DL going up against an entire line of backup OL. Combine that with Brady being Brady, and we were probably doomed.

That said, I saw windows for a victory. And I think the moves we made this offseason get us closer to one.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:21 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Some of you guys, man. I've been trying real hard to be positive.

But I think some of you guys are completely delusional.

Do you really not see how drastically better this team is than three months ago?

Do you really not get how talented and deep that offensive line is now?

We're DRAMATICALLY better. Maybe HISTORICALLY so.
You need to dial it down. You do not have the monopoly on truth.

You were barking at me in some thread about, like, "what makes you think Fisher will even be ready to go!? YOUR FEELINGS!!??? THIS IS WHY YOU ARE INSANE" when I was just quoting Brett Veach. That's not the Meck I know or like. You've got the football juice, you don't need the venom. Or maybe you do, I don't know.

Regardless, I think our OL has taken incredible strides and if we can impose a run game on teams at will this coming season, I don't see how teams can stop us, because a dominant run game is the best substitute for having no true WR2.
[Reply]
wachashi 07:53 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

The OL probably cost us that game, but we all know the truth: the Bucs beat us in several ways, not just that one.
There's no "probably" about it. The Bucs knew they could generate consistent, almost immediate pressure with four rushers. They knew that before the game even started and they schemed their entire defense around that HUGE advantage. The Bucs brought more than four rushers only five times the entire game, and Mahomes was still running for his life. That's nuts.

They "cheated" on the short/intermediate routes knowing the ball had to come out super-quick. They played two-high safety shell behind that.

Game over. There's really nothing else to say.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:49 AM 05-05-2021
Stopped reading after #1.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:10 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
There's no "probably" about it. The Bucs knew they could generate consistent, almost immediate pressure with four rushers. They knew that before the game even started and they schemed their entire defense around that HUGE advantage. The Bucs brought more than four rushers only five times the entire game, and Mahomes was still running for his life. That's nuts.

They "cheated" on the short/intermediate routes knowing the ball had to come out super-quick. They played two-high safety shell behind that.

Game over. There's really nothing else to say.
They outscored us in the 2nd half of the regular season game after they changed up their defense.

The Bucs outplayed us in all three aspects, it wasn't just OL bad = loss. People forget Townsend punting it pretty much sideways.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:14 AM 05-05-2021
They outscored us in the 2nd half of the regular season game after they changed up their defense.

The Bucs outplayed us in all three aspects, it wasn't just OL bad = loss. People forget Townsend punting it pretty much sideways.
You mean they outscored us in the 2nd half when we had a huge lead and took our foot off the gas like we ALWAYS do? OMG!!!!

Also, you still don’t understand that everything the Bucs did on the back end was due to their ability to rush 4 and still have Mahomes running for his life.

Fucking moron.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:18 AM 05-05-2021
I get the excitement But we’ve got Andy and Patrick and this ain’t gonna last forever. Every year is the gold standard for Chiefs football right now. I’m just trying to enjoy that while I can and not look ahead.

The future is right now
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:19 AM 05-05-2021
You mean they outscored us in the 2nd half when we had a huge lead and took our foot off the gas like we ALWAYS do? OMG!!!!

Also, you still don’t understand that everything the Bucs did on the back end was due to their ability to rush 4 and still have Mahomes running for his life.

****ing moron.
I doubt our plan was to let the Bucs close the gap and be in position to win the game.

We won the game, but we had to hold on against a strong Bucs comeback.

We need to just give them credit: they played an iffy game with a really good second half, and then an outstanding Super Bowl. To beat them, we are probably going to have to do more than just turn our OL into the fortress it's become.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:29 AM 05-05-2021
I doubt our plan was to let the Bucs close the gap and be in position to win the game.

We need to just give them credit: they played an iffy game with a really good second half, and then an outstanding Super Bowl. To beat them, we are probably going to have to do more than just turn our OL into the fortress it's become.
Yea going from an OL that was full of backups and couldn’t block 3-4 guys to save their lives to possibly one of the best in the league clearly isn’t enough! That’s also obviously all we did!

It’s not like we also added a guy like Jarran Reed who could be a huge difference maker that easily gives us the best interior pass rush duo in the NFL. He’s not even worth mentioning in regards to a potential rematch, right?

You’re just further proving my point that this entire thread was your passive aggressive way of continuing to question Veach and bitch about what turned out to be a fantastic offseason.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 05-05-2021
I’m sure adding year 2 Gay and Bolton to our LB group from the SB won’t help either!

The Chiefs are basically still the team that lost that game!
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:42 AM 05-05-2021
Yea going from an OL that was full of backups and couldn’t block 3-4 guys to save their lives to possibly one of the best in the league clearly isn’t enough! That’s also obviously all we did!

It’s not like we also added a guy like Jarran Reed who could be a huge difference maker that easily gives us the best interior pass rush duo in the NFL. He’s not even worth mentioning in regards to a potential rematch, right?

You’re just further proving my point that this entire thread was your passive aggressive way of continuing to question Veach and bitch about what turned out to be a fantastic offseason.
You found me out. You discovered the secret messaging.

Pop into my DMs for your prize.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:35 PM 05-05-2021

Wow.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:02 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wow.
Okay, now hold on. What exactly is it that I've said that's so radically out there?

You guys, I swear.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up