Page 10 of 52
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kccrow 09:11 PM 05-01-2021
One of two picks I liked on day 3. But its day 3 so don't give a fuck either way haha.

If this kid truly has the blood clot issue behind him, he's a day 2 beast Veach stole in the 6th round. I honestly, thought he'd be one of our day 2 picks.

Might be safe to wave goodbye to Wylie and his weak ass sauce.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:14 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Just look at the major over commitment required to slow down Mahomes.

Bring 4, drop 7. Get pressure with 4 while doubling Kelce and Hill. Hope someone else doesn’t get open. Dare the Chiefs to run the ball.

Seriously, what do you do now? No chance teams bring a light box against this OL.

Respect the run? Okay cool. Let’s go back in time to 2018.
Double Kelce & Hill? Enter Clyde, Powell and/or Baby Kelce - guys who can run routes well and catch with their hands, something we couldn’t trust Hardman to do consistently, and didn’t have a TE2 to bring in.

We are so versatile.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 09:22 PM 05-01-2021
I really love our Offensive Line going forward. Adding Smith should help make up one Hell of a line. Veach ain’t playing.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:31 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
He's played the last 2 years without any medical issues. I guess teams think that his career could end at any time with the blood clots. Or his could play a full career with no issue. It's worth the risk of a 6th round pick.

Our biggest issues now are RT and DE right?

Will Niang takeover the RT position? Who's going to start at DE opposite of Clark?
He'll be fine.

RT is somewhat open but with much better options than Wylie.

-Kyle Long will get a look there. He's played at a high level at RT before.
-Remmers did a pretty good job at RT last year, filling in for Schwartz. He simply is not a LT. That SB was a very unfortunate situation.
-Reid has not closed the door on Schwartz returning. He's said so publicly.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:42 PM 05-01-2021
The man wears a cowboy hat like it was born on him

What the hell else do you yokels want?
[Reply]
JakeF 09:48 PM 05-01-2021
Chiefs just got A REAL GUARD! Congrats brotha can’t wait to see you put on that yellow jacket @TreySmith73 enjoy a great city better people n the best bbq #chiefkingdom y’all got the best pick in the draft !!! Go be great!!!!!!!!!

— Kahlil McKenzie Jr. (@Kahlil_Mckenzie) May 1, 2021

McKenzie’s time in Kansas City ended in disappointment, with the team releasing him ahead of the 2019 NFL season. He still seems to hold the city, people and team in high regard. He also called Smith the “best pick in the draft.”

Next up, is former Chiefs second-round pick Jeff Allen, who played with the team for six seasons. He’s content with calling Smith the “biggest steal of the draft.”

The Chiefs just got the biggest steal of the draft. Congrats @TreySmith73

— Jefe (@JeffAllen71) May 1, 2021

That’s some pretty high praise from a player who knows the organization and offensive line play.

Former Chiefs guard Geoff Schwartz, brother of Mitchell Schwartz and Fox Sports analyst, is also really high on the Smith pick. The sheer value of this pick had him elated for Kansas City.

The Chiefs got a player at the end of the 6th round who if drafted at the end of the 2nd or early 3rd, we’d have said that’s about right. Extreme value. https://t.co/sknawGE4OR

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) May 1, 2021

Schwartz also had a chance to interview Smith in his series on Fox Sports, “Big Boys Club Draft Academy.” The series is like “Gruden’s QB Camp” but for offensive linemen.

I’m so happy for @TreySmith73 going to the @chiefs. Finally. Chiefs Kingdom got an awesome player and fantastic human!!

Check out his story on Big Boys Club Draft Academy pic.twitter.com/cPX48fA4jP

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) May 1, 2021

Overall, the general consensus among these former players seems to be that the team got a great player at an incredible value. The guard position is shaping up to be one of the most competitive and deep positions on the Chiefs’ roster after being a problem area for the past several seasons.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:51 PM 05-01-2021
Schwartz has video with Smith and Humphrey they're good watches.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:52 PM 05-01-2021
It’s in the OP, you know I gotcha
[Reply]
Monticore 11:59 PM 05-01-2021
Maybe I missed it but do they know the cause of his blood clots? Football is not a sport I would recommend to someone taking blood thinners.
[Reply]
threebag 11:19 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by Jerok:
I love fatties I'm going to sonic to celebrate with other fatties!!!
Sacc would be happy about now. Only thing missing is a BYU boy. RIP
[Reply]
Dante84 11:26 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Sacc would be happy about now. Only thing missing is a BYU boy. RIP
We got one as a UDFA. Sorensen lite.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:49 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
We got one as a UDFA. Sorensen lite.
I literally laughed out loud when I saw we took that kid.

I was like-OMG, really!? LOL

:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 11:51 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I literally laughed out loud when I saw we took that kid.

I was like-OMG, really!? LOL

:-)
There was zero chance of Andy not demanding a BYU replacement for the BYU guy that is about to end his career here, lol.
[Reply]
VAChief 12:52 PM 05-02-2021
I can’t wait to see how this line develops. Good chance we just added the ability to smash faces along with the quick strike ability.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 01:29 PM 05-02-2021
The more film I watch of him and the more interviews I hear this guy is our "Sneed" from last year. Absolute STEAL! Long and LDT are gone after this year and I fully expect Smith to start for us from that point forward on a rookie contract. Pretty clear Brown Jr, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith, Niang is the offensive line of the future.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 52
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up