ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Are you willing to trade up in the first for an LT?
ntexascardfan 02:45 PM 03-16-2021
If so, how much draft capitol are you willing to give up for them and who do you want?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:58 PM 03-16-2021
No.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:20 PM 03-16-2021
Nope. /end thread
[Reply]
kccrow 04:06 PM 03-16-2021
If they don't get a vet? You bet your ass.
[Reply]
Stryker 04:59 PM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
If so, how much draft capitol are you willing to give up for them and who do you want?
If the T Williams deal does not pan out and Veach grabs lets say a C, WR and either an Edge or ILB then hell yes! I believe it is gonna cost but I'd definitely do it!
[Reply]
bigjosh 05:01 PM 03-16-2021
Depends how far.

If there is a 1st year starter caliber tackle available around 18-20, they may be able to get there without dropping a huge chunk of draft resources.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:08 PM 03-16-2021
Are we giving up just a second to grab Sewell? No? OK then I'll pass and just grab whoever is there at 31, hopefully Alex Leatherwood.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:34 PM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If they don't get a vet? You bet your ass.
They will get a vet. Reid is not going to start a rookie at LT, especially not with a rookie starting at RT.

It's not going to happen.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:10 PM 03-16-2021
Who do I want and who is going to be available at what point are two entirely different things.

If we lose out on Trent Williams, that likely means he re-signs with San Francisco and sets us up with a two-tiered scenario.

If you cross off San Francisco at 12 as needing a tackle, that leaves LA at 13, Minnesota at 14 (losing Reiff), Chicago at 20, Indianapolis at 21, and Pittsburgh at 24 (Villanueva).

Now those needs could get changed based on Reiff, Villanueva, and the trade of Orlando Brown and/or Andre Dillard and make it easier on KC.

That said, I'm currently looking at two real spots in the draft to move, either 12 with San Fran or 19 with Washington. They could move up or down a pick or two, but its all relative and in flux at this point.

If you go for 12, you're paying at least a 2022 1st or 2021 and 2022 2nds. I'd err towards 2022 1st and a 4th this year, to be honest.

Going to 12 probably means you get your pick of anyone not named Sewell, and I'd be more than willing to go up there and get Darrisaw.

If you go for 19, you're paying a 2nd this year or a 2022 2nd and maybe a kicker like a 4th or 5th.

If you go the latter route, then Darrisaw and Slater should be gone. That leaves you with Cosmi as the only real LT prospect left that isn't a developmental guy you can get at 31 or later.

Now, if you're a betting guy and want to take a chance on two RTs having the potential to play LT in Mayfield and Jenkins, then that's to each their own. Personally, I don't see Jenkins being able to move over and, while he's a consensus guy to go in the 20-30 range, he doesn't seem to be linked to LT but to RT and RG. I think Mayfield might be able to, but his current status is all over the board and some even doubt him as a RT which I find foolish at best.

I'd be okay with either trade scenario and either of Darrisaw or Cosmi. We aren't getting them standing pat. I'd prefer to bite the bullet and go up for Darrisaw.

Now if neither ends up an option, I think I'd take a playmaker at DE or WR at 31 and then I'd certainly consider a trade up into the middle of the 2nd for Radunz, but he looks to have some growing pains from a strength perspective. I think you're falling further behind in strength development with a guy like James Hudson and adding some technique issues. You could bank on Walker Little picking up where he left off 2 years ago, but that's 2 years of rust you're hinging your franchise on.

If KC gets into a situation where they look at soliciting Philly or Baltimore for either Dillard or Orlando Brown, then I think you're paying a king's ransom for Brown that could enter the realm of Tunsil while you could get Dillard for a mid-round pick.

If I'm paying two firsts for a tackle, I'd rather go get a more athletic guy in Darrisaw in a trade-up than make the move for Brown. If I'm looking at having to stand pat and take what the draft brings, then I'm making the move for Dillard over my options available.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:14 PM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They will get a vet. Reid is not going to start a rookie at LT, especially not with a rookie starting at RT.

It's not going to happen.
Meh... We've said a lot of things wouldn't happen under Reid and many of them have. I don't discount anything at this point.

I sure as hell would have said there is no way they pay 16 million AAV for a Left Guard and then they went out and signed Thuney.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:34 PM 03-16-2021
I'd be good with them trading up and throwing one of their extra 4th's or 5th's, if necessary.

But, I'm firmly against them trading a second or third rounder, whether it's this year's or next year's, and definitely against a 1st rounder next year because this team will need as much cheap labor over the coming years as possible.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:20 PM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'd be good with them trading up and throwing one of their extra 4th's or 5th's, if necessary.

But, I'm firmly against them trading a second or third rounder, whether it's this year's or next year's, and definitely against a 1st rounder next year because this team will need as much cheap labor over the coming years as possible.
A 4th will move them from 31 to probably 28 as a max, and more likely only to 29. A 5th isn't worth shit in round 1. I don't see how that would help them in any regard to a LT prospect.

The way I see it is there are generally 2 ways to get a good LT from the bottom of 1, either you trade a lot for a good veteran or you trade a lot to move up in the 1st. It's rare you get a good one in FA like we have this year.

As a rule, good tackles run out by pick 22 in the draft. That's your floor. Now, every once in a while you luck out and get one that develops from the mid-rounds (4th/5th).

With teams at 20-21 needing a LT, it's likely that the floor this year is 19. If you don't get Williams you're left with trading a lot for a good veteran (Orlando Brown) or trading a lot to move up in the 1st (at least a 2nd round pick).

You're only other hope is praying a guy develops for you from the mid-rounds, but then there's the question of what you do while that happens because that development likely isn't happening in 2021.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:31 PM 03-16-2021
Who do I want and who is going to be available at what point are two entirely different things.

If we lose out on Trent Williams, that likely means he re-signs with San Francisco and sets us up with a two-tiered scenario.

If you cross off San Francisco at 12 as needing a tackle, that leaves LA at 13, Minnesota at 14 (losing Reiff), Chicago at 20, Indianapolis at 21, and Pittsburgh at 24 (Villanueva).

Now those needs could get changed based on Reiff, Villanueva, and the trade of Orlando Brown and/or Andre Dillard and make it easier on KC.

That said, I'm currently looking at two real spots in the draft to move, either 12 with San Fran or 19 with Washington. They could move up or down a pick or two, but its all relative and in flux at this point.

If you go for 12, you're paying at least a 2022 1st or 2021 and 2022 2nds. I'd err towards 2022 1st and a 4th this year, to be honest.

Going to 12 probably means you get your pick of anyone not named Sewell, and I'd be more than willing to go up there and get Darrisaw.

If you go for 19, you're paying a 2nd this year or a 2022 2nd and maybe a kicker like a 4th or 5th.

If you go the latter route, then Darrisaw and Slater should be gone. That leaves you with Cosmi as the only real LT prospect left that isn't a developmental guy you can get at 31 or later.

Now, if you're a betting guy and want to take a chance on two RTs having the potential to play LT in Mayfield and Jenkins, then that's to each their own. Personally, I don't see Jenkins being able to move over and, while he's a consensus guy to go in the 20-30 range, he doesn't seem to be linked to LT but to RT and RG. I think Mayfield might be able to, but his current status is all over the board and some even doubt him as a RT which I find foolish at best.

I'd be okay with either trade scenario and either of Darrisaw or Cosmi. We aren't getting them standing pat. I'd prefer to bite the bullet and go up for Darrisaw.

Now if neither ends up an option, I think I'd take a playmaker at DE or WR at 31 and then I'd certainly consider a trade up into the middle of the 2nd for Radunz, but he looks to have some growing pains from a strength perspective. I think you're falling further behind in strength development with a guy like James Hudson and adding some technique issues. You could bank on Walker Little picking up where he left off 2 years ago, but that's 2 years of rust you're hinging your franchise on.

If KC gets into a situation where they look at soliciting Philly or Baltimore for either Dillard or Orlando Brown, then I think you're paying a king's ransom for Brown that could enter the realm of Tunsil while you could get Dillard for a mid-round pick.

If I'm paying two firsts for a tackle, I'd rather go get a more athletic guy in Darrisaw in a trade-up than make the move for Brown. If I'm looking at having to stand pat and take what the draft brings, then I'm making the move for Dillard over my options available.
Ok so I follow you for Darrisaw but he needs work especially his feet. Who is our current offensive line coach and could he teach him? :-)
[Reply]
kccrow 07:40 PM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Ok so I follow you for Darrisaw but he needs work especially his feet. Who is our current offensive line coach and could he teach him? :-)
1. Darrisaw's issues are not with his feet.
2. If Heck can't teach him, then nobody can teach him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:50 PM 03-16-2021
A 4th will move them from 31 to probably 28 as a max, and more likely only to 29. A 5th isn't worth shit in round 1. I don't see how that would help them in any regard to a LT prospect.
It all depends on how the board falls and quite honestly, I don't think anyone knows what to expect this year because there's no Combine, so grades could be all over the place.

I don't think the Chiefs have a shot at Darrisaw unless they want to pony up a 2022 second and even that might not do it so they're probably looking at least this year's first, next year's first and a 3rd in there somewhere.

That's a huge price to pay, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up