ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 55
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread***
DaFace 03:00 PM 12-20-2020
Well, it's gonna be a weird year, but here's your format:

The @NHLPA and @NHL have announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://t.co/2on0oStnMd pic.twitter.com/aggYeVMjfj

— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
Monticore 12:10 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's not surprising, just frustrating, especially when it not only doesn't benefit the game, it specifically goes against what they've put in place to make the game faster and more entertaining (granted in this case, there was plenty of speed).

The Avalanches have definitely struggled with depth, and having a completely useless Nemeth instead of EJ or Byram didn't help... and of course ****in' Kadri.

I think Sakic did well this season of plugging holes, and will be interesting to see what they do moving forward, especially with another expansion pillaging.
If McKinnon takes another team friendly deal it will help , not sure when his next contract is due , but the cap has made it hard on a lot of teams , as for the game I agree open style is more entertaining I think they need to think about making the ice bigger or something .
[Reply]
DaFace 11:44 AM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If McKinnon takes another team friendly deal it will help , not sure when his next contract is due , but the cap has made it hard on a lot of teams , as for the game I agree open style is more entertaining I think they need to think about making the ice bigger or something .
Or just call penalties by the rule book. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:17 PM 06-13-2021
International ice would be nice... and of course consistently calling games.

It's so strange TB/NYI haven't played each other all season.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:34 PM 06-13-2021

I once thought international ice would help but I am not sure anymore , when we got to Oktoberfest we play an old timers hockey tournament with some local teams , the ice is so big teams just retreat to their zone pretty much when they lose possession lol turns into a basketball game with 5 man box and 1, I skated around the offensive zone 5 + times once like a one man cycle and the other team just watch go around in circles. Maybe you wouldn’t be able to collapse like that in the pros but who knows, weaker teams will figure out a way.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:42 PM 06-14-2021
VGK looking impressive.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:51 PM 06-14-2021
It's going to be a short series if this is anywhere close to Montreal's best (beyond maybe the first 5 minutes or so), because I don't think Vegas looked as fast or aggressive this game than in the Avalanche series. Price can only do so much.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:21 PM 06-14-2021
It's going to be a short series if this is anywhere close to Montreal's best (beyond maybe the first 5 minutes or so), because I don't think Vegas looked as fast or aggressive this game than in the Avalanche series. Price can only do so much.
Montreal is pretty terrible. Leafs had no business losing to that team even without Tavares and Muzzin.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:09 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Montreal is pretty terrible. Leafs had no business losing to that team even without Tavares and Muzzin.
It was an absolute disgrace. As usual.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:31 AM 06-15-2021
Bad game but that may have had something to do with Vegas too, Montreal looked unsure of what to do , getting caught from behind , holding on the luck too long , they looked surprised by Vegas speed .
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:25 AM 06-15-2021
I don't think the VGKs will have it that easy again.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:27 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I don't think the VGKs will have it that easy again.
Eh, maybe. The Avs and VGK were the best in the league in terms of points. It's entirely possible that VGK will cruise to the cup from here on.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:33 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, maybe. The Avs and VGK were the best in the league in terms of points. It's entirely possible that VGK will cruise to the cup from here on.
Well come game 3, if they're up 2 games to 0, I suspect they might see some hard hits.

But you're right too..

Still shocked the Avs didn't win their series. Shocked...
[Reply]
Monticore 08:15 AM 06-15-2021
Maybe true but there is no way the leafs can play the type of game that you need to beat vegas with the team they have right now , their ceiling is beating Montreal which they couldn't even do.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:29 AM 06-15-2021
Yeah, the series against the Jets was awful, clearly the worst two teams remaining at that point. The Avalanche had a ticket punched to the Finals with a series win (just like Vegas does now) and fucked it up. Would have loved seeing Avalanche/Lightning.
[Reply]
Shoes 04:00 PM 06-15-2021

International ice would turn hockey more into soccer in regards to where teams would use the extra ice to maintain possession longer but not necessarily to attack the net more.

Biggest problem I have with the NHL is how there is two sets of rules, 1 for regular season play and 2 for playoff hockey. Just be consistent throughout the entire year.

Additionally it seems like the NHL is the only league where being a superstar is a detriment. Skill players (such as MacKinnon or McDavid) have to endure so much more obstruction especially in playoffs without the benefit of drawing any penalties. McDavid for example didn't draw a single penalty in this year's playoffs or the play-ins vs Chicago last season.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 55
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up