ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 190
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 09:39 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The second that Suns fan beat the shit out of that Nuggets fan while yelling “Suns in 4!” this series was over.
:-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:45 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Someone mentioned the Suns the other day.

Nobody has ever done that before.

Seems like a pretty big ****ing deal around here.
It’s a big deal out here even. I’m getting stopped multiple times whenever I wear Suns gear. They’re a really fun team to watch right now and they play as a team more so than anyone left in the tournament, IMHO.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 12:27 PM 06-14-2021
The Suns play excellent team basketball. They’re also going to be the least talented of the four remaining Conference finalists. They’re like the Raptors when they won the title only without Kawhi.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:08 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Whoever was running that team probably should have actually watched a Magic game before making that trade.
Lol yeah. I was happy when Orlando traded him and got back a first and a couple young players. Even if those players never become worth a thing. He just never developed the way they had hoped. He brings absolutely nothing on offense and what he brings on defense and on the boards doesn't make up for that enough to be a starter that gets big minutes. Just my opinion of course. He was good at dunk contests though. Got robbed twice.
[Reply]
jettio 07:26 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Calling it a flagrant 2 is soft. Yeah, he brushed his face but it was a swipe at the ball and he got it. No way if LeBron, Durant or Curry do that, they're getting ejected.

Not much point in watching the rest of this one now. We've got a sweep.
The way to steal a ball from another player is quick hands. I have never seen a front court player have to wind up to get power behind a steal attempt from a skinny guard.

Once the replay showed contact with the face, that is automatically a flagrant 2.

LeBron, Durant or Curry would never try to wind up to get power behind an attempt to make a steal.

I could imagine LeBron making a physical play in a chippy game, but it would be something that looks like playing basketball.

This white euro MVPs get treated so much worse than american black MVPs is a bunch of crybaby bullshit.
[Reply]
eDave 08:19 PM 06-14-2021
That's a nice win for ATL. Thought it was over real early.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:09 PM 06-14-2021
Utah appears to be getting exposed as a soft playoff team again. Theyre gonna need Conley to play in game 5.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:10 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
The way to steal a ball from another player is quick hands. I have never seen a front court player have to wind up to get power behind a steal attempt from a skinny guard.

Once the replay showed contact with the face, that is automatically a flagrant 2.

LeBron, Durant or Curry would never try to wind up to get power behind an attempt to make a steal.

I could imagine LeBron making a physical play in a chippy game, but it would be something that looks like playing basketball.

This white euro MVPs get treated so much worse than american black MVPs is a bunch of crybaby bullshit.
Nah that’s a soft call. Harder fouls are made every game at the rim without flagrants even being called, let alone a flagrant 2. The reaction from Payne is what triggered it ultimately.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:12 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Embiid probably shouldn’t be choking layups at the rim to take the lead with 10 seconds left. He’ll never live this one down if he can’t get past the Hawks.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:14 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Lol yeah. I was happy when Orlando traded him and got back a first and a couple young players. Even if those players never become worth a thing. He just never developed the way they had hoped. He brings absolutely nothing on offense and what he brings on defense and on the boards doesn't make up for that enough to be a starter that gets big minutes. Just my opinion of course. He was good at dunk contests though. Got robbed twice.
Terrible offensive player in the modern NBA with an absolutely brutal basketball IQ. You won’t miss him and Denver will be actively trying to get rid of him soon enough.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:39 AM 06-15-2021
If Philly loses this series, they are definitely going to look back on that one. Gotta think the knee is really bothering Embiid. He looked like he was lumbering out there and a tad slower. The knee seems to always be on his mind. Dispatching the Hawks early to get Embiid a couple more days rest would have been the blueprint to winning the title. I just don't think they can do it, even though I think they are gonna beat the Hawks in 6.

If the Nets win and show everyone you don't need to play any defense in the NBA to win anymore, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to take it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:33 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I really like this Atlanta roster. I just wish players like Bogy and Collins were a tad more consistent in their shooting.

Of course, having at least ONE of your small forwards healthy/available would go a long way as well (Hunter and Reddish are out).
[Reply]
BWillie 10:43 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I really like this Atlanta roster. I just wish players like Bogy and Collins were a tad more consistent in their shooting.

Of course, having at least ONE of your small forwards healthy/available would go a long way as well (Hunter and Reddish are out).
I think Cam Reddish not available is helpful actually. He's one of the worst players in the league that is forced minutes, albeit young and talented. Hunter is useful and a pretty good defender, though.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:45 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If Philly loses this series, they are definitely going to look back on that one. Gotta think the knee is really bothering Embiid. He looked like he was lumbering out there and a tad slower. The knee seems to always be on his mind. Dispatching the Hawks early to get Embiid a couple more days rest would have been the blueprint to winning the title. I just don't think they can do it, even though I think they are gonna beat the Hawks in 6.

If the Nets win and show everyone you don't need to play any defense in the NBA to win anymore, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to take it.
Like all these series, everything will depend on health of the star players. If Embiid plays hurt like he did in the 2nd half last night the Hawks will win.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:48 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Everything was super short for embiid. He was laboring in the second half. The Hawks were playing him pretty hard. Not dirty, but lots of contact fot sure.

Not sure I get what doc was doing. The bench was rolling before they got pulled. Howard was actually giving atl fits in the 4q. At the very least when embiid looked off he should have given him a mini break.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 190
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150 > Last »
Up