ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3511 of 3903
« First < 2511301134113461350135073508350935103511 3512351335143515352135613611 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 02:01 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Please tell me these crazy people on TikTok who think you can become magnetic just from being around people who've been vaccinated are getting dunked on, and no one actually buys this crap. Please?
You clearly haven't visited the DC Covid threads
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:09 PM 06-13-2021
Yeah I haven't even peeked in that forum for months and strangely am happier than I can remember being for a long time.

They can't seriously be arguing this key thing can they?
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:10 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Read an article this morning that there are several hot spots in Missouri right now. SW Missouri is seeing an uptick in hospitalized cases, primarily in people under 40. Areas being hit the hardest are among some of the lowest vaccination numbers in the state. :-)
Saw this last night. Long article so only quoted part of it.

Missouri Tourist Hotspots Also Heating Up COVID Counts As New Variant Spreads

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/heal...ariant-spreads

Originally Posted by :
Southwest Missouri’s most popular tourist areas are the epicenter of a COVID-19 outbreak linked to the Delta variant that is responsible for making India second to the United States in coronavirus cases.

All eight counties along a heavily traveled route from Branson to the Lake of the Ozarks are among the 30 local health jurisdictions with the highest rate of newly reported cases so far this month.

The variant has been identified in lab tests and wastewater monitoring in 18 communities across the state. Not every county where it has appeared in wastewater is showing a surge in cases, but a rapid increase due to the at least in part to the variant is evident both in southwest Missouri and in north-central Missouri, where a surge began in mid-May.

Local health officials said low vaccination rates are allowing the variant, which accounts for 6 percent of all cases in the U.S., to spread rapidly. Webster County, where only 26 percent of residents are fully vaccinated, has added 97 cases this month through Friday after reporting 106 in May.

The variant has been identified in the wastewater from Marshfield, the county seat.

“The thing that personally keeps me up at night is the responsibility of keeping the 40,000 people in this county alive whether they want it or not,” said Scott Allen, co-administrator of the Webster County Health Unit.

Statewide, 36.2 percent of Missourians were fully vaccinated as of Friday. Nationally, almost 43 percent of Americans are fully vaccinated.

Brookfield in north Missouri’s Linn County was among the first to show evidence of the variant in wastewater, and in the final weeks of May, Linn County and neighboring Livingston County were tracking their highest active case counts of the pandemic.

Linn, which reported 64 additional cases Thursday, and Livingston, along with five adjacent counties of Caldwell, Chariton, Daviess, Grundy and Macon, are among the 30 jurisdictions with the highest infection rates this month.

The eight counties from Branson to Osage Beach — Stone, Taney, Christian, Green, Webster, Laclede, Camden and Miller — have added 1,299 cases this month, almost one-quarter of the 5,481 COVID-19 cases reported statewide through Friday.

The highest numbers are in Greene County, which has added 656 cases. The infection rate is three to four times that of more populous jurisdictions around St. Louis and Kansas City. Greene County had 776 cases for the entire month of May.

Statewide, the seven-day combined average of reported cases identified through the PCR and antigen tests has risen more than 25 percent since June 1, from 400 per day to 502 per day as of Thursday.

The state health department seven-day combined average, based on the day a person was tested rather than when the case was reported, shows a 30 percent increase from the rate for June 1 to the rate for June 8, the most recent available.

Both rates are far below the peak of 5,008 reported cases per day on Nov. 20.

Hospitalizations in both southwest and central Missouri are rising, with CoxHealth in Springfield reopening a coronavirus ICU wing closed in February as case numbers declined.

Steve Edwards, CEO of CoxHealth, tweeted Monday that his hospital was treating 48 COVID-19 patients, including two who were 16 years old, and the Delta variant was to blame.

“Those that aren’t vaccinated are sitting ducks,” Edwards wrote.

[Reply]
wazu 09:51 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Saw this last night. Long article so only quoted part of it.

Missouri Tourist Hotspots Also Heating Up COVID Counts As New Variant Spreads

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/heal...ariant-spreads
Unless there is some delay in updates, it looks to me like the last COVID death in Missouri happened on 5/30. I know that's a trailing indicator, but hardly seeing a "surge" of new cases either.

Originally Posted by :
“The thing that personally keeps me up at night is the responsibility of keeping the 40,000 people in this county alive whether they want it or not,” said Scott Allen, co-administrator of the Webster County Health Unit.
:-)

What a hero.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:19 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Unless there is some delay in updates, it looks to me like the last COVID death in Missouri happened on 5/30.
Not sure where you're looking, there are still a couple of deaths per day. It's definitely not a huge spike, though.

https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc.../statewide.php
[Reply]
wazu 10:39 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not sure where you're looking, there are still a couple of deaths per day. It's definitely not a huge spike, though.

https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc.../statewide.php
Thanks. I've mainly just been hitting the Worldometer site ever so often, I'm sure that it must just have a delay on state data which I rarely have looked at. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/missouri/
[Reply]
O.city 10:59 AM 06-14-2021
Deaths lag

I can definitely say that vaccinations have come to a standstill in our area. Which, at this point doesn’t matter. If people don’t want it, don’t get it
[Reply]
TLO 11:34 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Deaths lag

I can definitely say that vaccinations have come to a standstill in our area. Which, at this point doesn’t matter. If people don’t want it, don’t get it
We're at a standstill here too. Now we just have these people dominating the conversation.

[Reply]
TLO 11:38 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah I haven't even peeked in that forum for months and strangely am happier than I can remember being for a long time.

They can't seriously be arguing this key thing can they?
Yes, yes they can.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:49 AM 06-14-2021
I'm going to my high school reunion in a couple of months, which is in a small town in southern Missouri. The current vaccination rate is 33 percent.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:15 PM 06-14-2021
I'll be in Branson next weekend to visit my unvaccinated inlaws who are in their 70s.

They've made their position clear and while we don't agree, I'm looking forward to hanging out on their boat and not talking about it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:04 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'll be in Branson next weekend to visit my unvaccinated inlaws who are in their 70s.

They've made their position clear and while we don't agree, I'm looking forward to hanging out on their boat and not talking about it.
If their boat is metal, pretend to get stuck to it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:34 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If their boat is metal, pretend to get stuck to it.
While my FIL is the type who'd prefer to own a ballistic missile submarine, I'm going with fiberglass.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:34 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
While my FIL is the type who'd prefer to own a ballistic missile submarine, I'm going with fiberglass.
What about his belt buckle?
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:38 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
What about his belt buckle?
I'm more of a neck up with other males interaction guy myself.

*Unless I'm breaking down college tape so I know when to pound the nearest table on draft day.
[Reply]
Page 3511 of 3903
« First < 2511301134113461350135073508350935103511 3512351335143515352135613611 > Last »
Up