ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell me about Key West
cabletech94 12:31 PM 06-13-2021
Sorry in advance if a Q.

Was there 20 years ago for a few hours. Flying in Next Sunday for a couple days. Gonna scuba, gonna eat some key lime pie, gonna get drunk, and not in that exact order. Tell me some things that the internet hasn’t told me.

Taking the wife for our anniversary. It’ll be nice to go out to the world.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:55 PM 06-15-2021
I wonder how the world would be different if the USA had not acquired Florida from Spain.

Florida's population is about half the size of Spain's, so if Florida had grown at the same rate I'll bet it would have gone independent at some point and would be a country on our border now.

But on the other hand, I doubt that a non-USA region would have grown that fast. I bet Florida would have basically become another Cuba, with or without the communist stuff. So it would probably have half the population that it does now and all of the big cities would be smaller.

Savannah would probably be huge, though, and you'd have more growth along the Mississippi and Alabama coasts.

However, I think it's hypothetical only. My hunch is that Florida would have eventually followed the Texas model. They would have broken away from Spain and then 10 or 15 years later they would have joined the USA.
[Reply]
eDave 04:12 PM 06-15-2021
Go see all the polydactyl cats at the Hemingway Home & Museum. Cost's like $15 for adults. There was great concern for them during the last big hurricane down that way but the community rallied and protected them all.
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:59 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Go see all the polydactyl cats at the Hemingway Home & Museum. Cost's like $15 for adults. There was great concern for them during the last big hurricane down that way but the community rallied and protected them all.
Side note from Hemingway’s house tour:

We went to the tour, I love history bla bla blah. Several people here all wandering around ( which is the norm). I was watching one of the 6 toed cats sunbathe and a kid comes by the cat. You can tell the cat isn’t a people person. This kid repeatedly tries to pet said cat. Then BAM BAM BAM!!! 6toe batted the kid like 20 times!!! My wife turns to me as I’m laughing out loud. The kid sees me and runs off to find his parents!!!! Lol.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:03 PM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I did this..it's also down the street from the southern most point marker.
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:04 PM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I did this..it's also down the street from the southern most point marker.
Same! We liked the Dingy!!!! Or whatever it’s called!! :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up