ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Mahomes INT
TLO 11:31 AM 09-22-2021

[Reply]
New World Order 11:59 AM 09-22-2021
Don’t care. He’s the best in the league. Don’t want him changing anything about his game
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:00 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
My understanding of limbs regarding the NFL, ABOVE the knee and ABOVE the elbow are the metrics for ground contact. Or perhaps more accurately, knee and above or elbow and above.

For instance, if entire forearm right up to the start of elbow hits the ground, keep running, elbow full-on with any bit above and you are down.

Kneel down in EZ on kickoff, full knee w/top of kneecap. If you graze your shin and maybe bottom of knee plate while scrambling, keep running.
Shin down is down.

Mahomes was not down.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...wn-by-contact/
Originally Posted by :
Note: If, after contact by an opponent, any part of a runner’s leg above the ankle or any part of his arm above the wrist touches the ground, the runner is down

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:00 PM 09-22-2021
It took a little heat off the defense's poor play. It's a + in team leader points.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:03 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Damn.

Mahomes shoulda argued for the challenge.
It was a turnover, automatically looked at by the league. Nothing he or Reid could have done even if he was down. Which he wasn't.
[Reply]
TLO 12:12 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Shin down is down.

Mahomes was not down.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...wn-by-contact/
Thanks. I didn't know the exact rule.

The part about his forward progress being stopped was a joke about the DJ hit against Mariota in the playoffs a few years back. Of course that was a fumble and not an INT. I'm off my game.
[Reply]
O.city 12:14 PM 09-22-2021
Don’t leave a clean pocket and it wouldn’t have mattered
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:15 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Thanks. I didn't know the exact rule.

The part about his forward progress being stopped was a joke about the DJ hit against Mariota in the playoffs a few years back. Of course that was a fumble and not an INT. I'm off my game.
Why the fuck did you have to bring up that memory? That was a terrible call. Although I think it was this past week there was a very similar call where the announcers were saying that the refs called forward progress way too quickly. Can't remember which game it was now.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:23 PM 09-22-2021
Reminder that Mahomes has only been sacked twice this season.

Wilson has been sacked 10 times already.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:30 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Worse than that. He didn't need to take the sack.

He vacated a clean pocket. His Ts had kept the middle open for him and Humphrey had the block and the angle on his man. Mahomes, instead of taking 2 steps up and hitting Kelce over the middle, abandoned the pocket outright, blew Humphries blocking angle and got himself hit.

Then he compounded the problem with an ill-advised throw.

It was very possibly the worst single rep I have ever seen from Mahomes. There was simply no reason for it and nothing redeemable about it.

Great, great, GREAT player who was the reason we went shot for shot with Baltimore in that game. But that was a truly awful play.
Even then, I believe he still had Robinson alone on the left sideline.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:38 PM 09-22-2021
It was a bad play. But know what, it was the right read. He had kelce and was probably a split second from making the kind of wild throw mahomes always makes. With Mahomes its just so hard to call a play ill advised because he makes that type of throw nine times out of 10.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:39 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Worse than that. He didn't need to take the sack.

He vacated a clean pocket. His Ts had kept the middle open for him and Humphrey had the block and the angle on his man. Mahomes, instead of taking 2 steps up and hitting Kelce over the middle, abandoned the pocket outright, blew Humphries blocking angle and got himself hit.

Then he compounded the problem with an ill-advised throw.

It was very possibly the worst single rep I have ever seen from Mahomes. There was simply no reason for it and nothing redeemable about it.

Great, great, GREAT player who was the reason we went shot for shot with Baltimore in that game. But that was a truly awful play.
Good breakdown. Didn't see it that way originally but that makes sense.
[Reply]
O.city 12:42 PM 09-22-2021
They went out and built him this line. It's playing really well. Stay behind it and stop leaving it.
[Reply]
FAX 01:42 PM 09-22-2021
The worst call of the game (the PI against Badger which sustained a failing Dirt Bird drive) demonstrated beyond all reasonable doubt that the NFL wanted us to lose in order to save and promote the declining career of Jackson.

And Mahomes wasn't down.

FAX
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:43 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
The worst call of the game (the PI against Badger which sustained a failing Dirt Bird drive) demonstrated beyond all reasonable doubt that the NFL wanted us to lose in order to save and promote the declining career of Jackson.

And Mahomes wasn't down.

FAX
It was defensive holding on a play where Jackson was sacked.

And yes, a terrible call.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:52 PM 09-22-2021
The two charmin soft illegal contact penalties were worse.

Clete gonna Clete, fellas.

It's just what he does.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up